Sign in to follow this  
ROMAD1

So there wasn't even a second preseason game thread?

No one ever wants to watch the result when the Lions play Washington.

I watched here local. The Redskins are going to stink unless they give Kirk Cousins the first team OL...since RGIII is hurt...that seems felicitious

They're just meaningless practice games that don't really indicate anything. As far as I'm concerned the Lions season hasn't started yet

How are Warford's and Reid's ankles?

Injuries are the only thing that scares me in the preseason...

Yup. Hope they're ok by game 1.

It looks like Cudjo had another really good game.

Gotta keep him. I think this is the year, in order to keep Cudjo (and maybe Boggs is a consideration also... based on how well he's been playing so far at Guard/ he can also play Center, right?), that the Lions have to go with 2 QB's. Release Kellen Moore, and rehire him as an assistant QB coach. He did a lot of prep work for Stafford last year, with scouting the opposition, etc... let him do the same thing this year, except as an assistant coach rather then as a 3rd QB.

Just my opinion.

Also: Keep Gilbert on the Practice Squad. And draft-and-develop a mid-round (3rd/4th/5th) QB next year.

Who's practice squad eligible?

First glance we wanna get Boggs, Gilbert, Winn (I'm a-gonna predict Zenner makes it to the 53... he was outstanding today...), TJ Jones, Corey Robinson, Webster (keep 4 DE's, or 5? Wootton or Hunt?), Copeland, Suite and Isaiah Johnson and Butler onto the P.S.

I watched here local. The Redskins are going to stink unless they give Kirk Cousins the first team OL...since RGIII is hurt...that seems felicitious

McCoy looked better than Cousins.

McCoy looked better than Cousins.

Also true...my comment was RG3 centric

sha...

Usually all the preseason games are in one thread. This year people seem to be doing it wrong

Usually all the preseason games are in one thread. This year people seem to be doing it wrong

that might be a good idea. The ten things I think I think about NFL preseason and MTS is that we are much better at Baseball and somewhat good at discussing music, movies, tv and politics.

Who's practice squad eligible?

First glance we wanna get Boggs, Gilbert, Winn (I'm a-gonna predict Zenner makes it to the 53... he was outstanding today...), TJ Jones, Corey Robinson, Webster (keep 4 DE's, or 5? Wootton or Hunt?), Copeland, Suite and Isaiah Johnson and Butler onto the P.S.

I think you're right on Zenner, though for me that lowers Winn's value a ton. Webster looks too raw, but I don't think they risk losing him.Seems about right for the rest.

In previous years I made a thread for each preseason game. I don't think there is a right or wrong way to do it, but I prefer separate threads... helps keep the conversation a little more focused. No biggie either way. Yesterday I was just too busy and forgot to get one going.

I am watching the Lions broadcast today after watching the Redskins broadcast last night.

Clinton Portis is not polished...whereas Nate Burleson is pretty good for a guy who is just starting in the mouthwordsontvtalkybusiness

I am watching the Lions broadcast today after watching the Redskins broadcast last night.

Clinton Portis is not polished...whereas Nate Burleson is pretty good for a guy who is just starting in the mouthwordsontvtalkybusiness

That is a very charitable comment on the quality of Portis' reporting. Burleson will be talking NFL on tv for as long as he wants, and the longer the better. He's absolutely a natural and has great charisma.

Are we playing the easiest preseason schedule in the league? The jets, skins, and jags are three of the worst teams in football. I wish we got them in the regular season.

Are we playing the easiest preseason schedule in the league? The jets, skins, and jags are three of the worst teams in football. I wish we got them in the regular season.

We might have the easiest preseason, followed by the toughest regular season. Will have to wait for the games to count to get excited.

the Glover Quin comments about Jordy Nelson seem to have a disconnect between the headline (which appears designed to cause flame wars from Packer fans and atheists) and his actual comments which appear sympathetic.

We might have the easiest preseason, followed by the toughest regular season. Will have to wait for the games to count to get excited.

16th hardest regular season(15th last year)

16th hardest regular season(15th last year)

False. I said might. I would much rather have last year's schedule. Much easier than this years.

I'm gonna just say "yes" and skip the research to back that sucker up. This schedule is a joke, and it makes me nervous for playing real teams when the season starts. No idea how we stack up against teams that are playoff caliber. Speaking of which (and sorry to derail), the Cardinals absolutely scare the bejeebus out of me. That's a talented team with a great coach. Yikes.

There usually arent preseason individual game threads. Its usually one big thread. I am still going to be doing the Lions regular season threads.