PuNk42AE

08/20/2015: Texas Rangers (Perez) at Detroit Tigers (Simon) - 7:08 PM

From Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan, it is the...

TEXAS RANGERS

versus the

DETROIT TIGERS

Martin Perez 1-2, 5.29 ERA

Perez is 1-0 with a 2.21 ERA in his last three starts. He beat the Mariners in Seattle on Aug. 8 when he allowed three runs (two earned) in six innings. He has a 12.79 ERA in one career start and one relief appearance against the Tigers.

Alfredo Simon 10-7, 4.84 ERA

Simon has struggled his last three starts, allowing 14 runs on 17 hits over 17 1/3 innings with twice as many walks (eight) as strikeouts (four). He owns a 4-2 record and a 3.92 ERA this season at Comerica Park.

BROADCAST: FSD

7:00 PM

The bullpen could use about 8 IP out of Simon tonight.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Yo are a card!

but today's Thursday.... I thought it was a tradition at Comerica Park to have afternoon games on Thursday.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Yo are a card!

Hey it could happen...... Of course they'd have to allow him to throw 200 pitches and give up 8 or 9 runs for that to happen.

but today's Thursday.... I thought it was a tradition at Comerica Park to have afternoon games on Thursday.

Texas traveling in after a night home game?

Very interested to see how the Tigers follow up their best 2 game stretch (well offensively anyway) of the season.

If the Tigers really believe they can buck the odds and make a run at the WC -- now is the time to make a move. Not a week from now. Not 2 weeks from now. Now.

I see you, oblong.

I may be wrong here, but I believe this will be prince fielder's first game against the Tigers since being traded.

I hope fans remember to boo.

According to my Detroit News wall calendar/poster featuring David Price, the Tigers play 11 Thursday games this season at home and this is the only night game :)

(I like how the poster tells me it's David Price in case I didd't know who the left handed pitching black guy with a beard was)

According to my Detroit News wall calendar/poster featuring David Price, the Tigers play 11 Thursday games this season at home and this is the only night game :)

(I like how the poster tells me it's David Price in case I didd't know who the left handed pitching black guy with a beard was)

Well he's not on the team anymore, he should be erased from memory.

I may be wrong here, but I believe this will be prince fielder's first game against the Tigers since being traded.

I hope fans remember to boo.

Yup, I'll be there loud as can be. He'll be booed.

Favorite name Guido Knudson getting the call up. Jose Valdez as well. Hopefully Gorzo goes but I'm guessing it'll be VerHagen.

Detroit Tigers to promote relief pitchers Guido Knudson, Jose Valdez from Triple-A Toledo | MLive.com

As with any reliever, throw strikes and don't allow home runs and he'll probably be fine.

If they are looking to limit the innings of the young pitchers, it's going to get pretty ugly.

Lobstein returning will help. But I think we'll see farmer and Ryan in the rotation again as well.

I would hate to see Valdez ruin his INF era.

Be careful what you wish for.

Knudson is an interesting choice. Not on the 40, and they have a spot to use right now, but they will have to create a spot for Lobstein's return. They could easily do that by waiving Kruass, I s'pose.

If they are looking to limit the innings of the young pitchers, it's going to get pretty ugly.

Lobstein returning will help. But I think we'll see farmer and Ryan in the rotation again as well.

Might as well combine Farmer and Ryan as one starter that hopefully gets them through 6 innings.

Wilson pitched well in his 3 IP start.

I hope Guido Knudson is better than Kurt Knudsen.

Acquire all of the Knudsons/Knudsens.

Favorite name Guido Knudson getting the call up. Jose Valdez as well. Hopefully Gorzo goes but I'm guessing it'll be VerHagen.

Detroit Tigers to promote relief pitchers Guido Knudson, Jose Valdez from Triple-A Toledo | MLive.com

As with any reliever, throw strikes and don't allow home runs and he'll probably be fine.

Both of these guys are complete garbage. I don't understand this organization's desire to keep trying different awful relievers instead of sticking with the awful ones they have