Sign in to follow this  
RedRamage

Harrington Bobblehead: Yes or No?

In the past couple of years I've kinda gotten into collecting Bobbleheads. I like the ones from Forever Collectible. I know some collectors think they are bad, but I like 'em. I've been looking to just add one a year of a Tiger and a Lion. Each year the base is different, so it's kinda cool to have similar, but different for the different years. I've also added some that were from previous years before I started collecting.

I'm not opposed to added older players, even guys who aren't on the teams anymore. For example, I picked up a Suh for cheap after he left for the Dolphins. And I recently added a Granderson for really cheap that I found in a store and a Roy Williams that I found online.

But in both cases these are players who were stars in their leagues and/or players that I really enjoyed watching.

Now here's my dilemma... I found a Lions Harrington bobblehead. It's pretty dang cheap, of course. Normally I wouldn't be interested as Harrington was never a star, not a player I took much pleasure it watching. But... this particular bobblehead has a very interesting base... one which I've never seen before. Do I grab it for the unique base? Or do I leave it cause... well, it's Harrington?

I’d buy one just to melt in the microwave. Uh oh, sacked for a loss. Looks like Joey might’ve gotten injured on that play

In the past couple of years I've kinda gotten into collecting Bobbleheads. I like the ones from Forever Collectible. I know some collectors think they are bad, but I like 'em. I've been looking to just add one a year of a Tiger and a Lion. Each year the base is different, so it's kinda cool to have similar, but different for the different years. I've also added some that were from previous years before I started collecting.

I'm not opposed to added older players, even guys who aren't on the teams anymore. For example, I picked up a Suh for cheap after he left for the Dolphins. And I recently added a Granderson for really cheap that I found in a store and a Roy Williams that I found online.

But in both cases these are players who were stars in their leagues and/or players that I really enjoyed watching.

Now here's my dilemma... I found a Lions Harrington bobblehead. It's pretty dang cheap, of course. Normally I wouldn't be interested as Harrington was never a star, not a player I took much pleasure it watching. But... this particular bobblehead has a very interesting base... one which I've never seen before. Do I grab it for the unique base? Or do I leave it cause... well, it's Harrington?

Grab it!

Do you have a Jon Kitna or Mike Furrey bobblehead yet? If not, I would choose them over a Harrington bobblehead.

You absolutely should. If you ever catch wind of a Zack Follett bobblehead, let me know -- I don't collect them, but I'd love to look at it and laugh at his "China doll" comment every time Stafford starts another game. Were I to collect these, I'd only want the obscure ones. I'll never forget Barry Sanders, but I had to google Zack's last name just now.

It seems more honest to commemorate the bad Lions players.