PuNk42AE

08/14/2015: Detroit Tigers (Simon) at Houston Astros (Keuchel) - 8:10 PM

From Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas, it is the...

DETROIT TIGERS

versus the

HOUSTON ASTROS

Alfredo Simon 10-6, 4.74 ERA

Simon has been dealing with a groin strain his past couple starts, and his numbers have shown it, with 10 runs over 12 1/3 innings against Baltimore and Boston. His fly-ball tendencies further his risk for trouble in Houston.

Dallas Keuchel 13-6, 2.40 ERA

The lefty is 10-0 with a 1.26 ERA and 90 strikeouts in 85 2/3 innings at Minute Maid Park this year. He’s the first pitcher in franchise history to win his first 10 home decisions and first in the Majors since Zack Greinke (2011).

BROADCAST: FSD

8:00 PM

We're in the 1990's Lions mode now.... I don't care what happens as long as JD and Miggy hit HR's, our starting P's do well, and guys like Rondon improve. Anything above that is gravy.

We're in the 1990's Lions mode now.... I don't care what happens as long as JD and Miggy hit HR's, our starting P's do well, and guys like Rondon improve. Anything above that is gravy.

You will get all of that minus the bolded unfortunately.

I am also all about the Lions right now. Fall is in the air as the saying goes and football is right around the corner. Halloween coming up in a few months (one of my favorite holidays) and the Walking Dead is coming back also.

The Lions should be good this year. Hopefully we can make a nice run.

This is absolutely a true story:

I had a dream last night that the Tigers played at Baltimore in a play in game for the final WC spot... Tigers took the lead in the 10th and in the bottom of the inning, down by 1 with a guy on base, Baltimore hit long fly ball down the line that had to be reviewed to see if it was a HR or a foul ball... it was ruled a foul ball initially. But dammit, i woke up before finding out what happened.

This is absolutely a true story:

I had a dream last night that the Tigers played at Baltimore in a play in game for the final WC spot... Tigers took the lead in the 10th and in the bottom of the inning, down by 1 with a guy on base, Baltimore hit long fly ball down the line that had to be reviewed to see if it was a HR or a foul ball... it was ruled a foul ball initially. But dammit, i woke up before finding out what happened.

You always wake up before you find out what happened.

I have a recurring dream where I am somehow part of the Tigers team, but not a player. Regardless, I am called upon to provide some relief pitching. I recall that my success as a little league pitcher was limited. For some reason though, I am pumping in fastballs in the 90s.

I never find out if I get the job done.

I have a dream where I'm banging Prince Fielder's wife. I wake up before I find out if Little Prince is actually my son.

I have several recurring dreams or moments in dreams relating to sports:

1) I can dunk a basketball. It's always in slow motion and I get way above the rim

2) I'm back on my HS team and I forgot to bring my away jersey on our Saturday double headers. (We always swapped between games) Or I have been missing practices and get nervous when I show up for games. This is in line with another set of dreams but instead of baseball its school.

3) There's games at Tiger Stadium with the current team. The stadium is falling apart and some sections are blocked off for safety reasons (This one made sense when it was still standing as we'd drive by it all the time on the way to games.

4) This is not a recurring dream. Once I was with DD and he was taking me back to Tiger Stadium so he could retrieve some files from the offices on the corner of Michigan/Trumbull. He was wearing a brown leather jacket and driving an old 70's car.... I told him it was like the Rockford Files. He was speeding and turning corners fast, squeeling the tires.

In 55 years as a Tiger fan I have never had a dream about the Tigers. I had some really vivid dreams about other stuff when I was a teenager though

I have a dream where I'm banging Prince Fielder's wife. I wake up before I find out if Little Prince is actually my son.

And then you're traded to the White Sox...

* If it seems like Orioles pitchers keep giving up hits on 0-2 counts, it's not your imagination.

Before Wednesday's game, the Orioles ranked third in the majors with 77 hits allowed on 0-2 counts. The Twins were first with 81 and the Tigers were second with 80.

* If it seems like Orioles pitchers keep giving up hits on 0-2 counts, it's not your imagination.

Before Wednesday's game, the Orioles ranked third in the majors with 77 hits allowed on 0-2 counts. The Twins were first with 81 and the Tigers were second with 80.

Too much strike throwing. I'm not a fan of our pitching philosophy this season, at all.

Too much strike throwing. I'm not a fan of our pitching philosophy this season, at all.

Ironic complaint isn't it, but true. I had once thought JV did it too much because JL had him too hung-up on his pitch counts, but that doesn't seem to explain the problem across the staff. More likely just too much competitive drive. Guys probably love the 3 pitch K so much that it makes them forget the Ump is going to make them throw a way too hittable pitch before he gives it to them.

I have several recurring dreams or moments in dreams relating to sports:

1) I can dunk a basketball. It's always in slow motion and I get way above the rim

2) I'm back on my HS team and I forgot to bring my away jersey on our Saturday double headers. (We always swapped between games) Or I have been missing practices and get nervous when I show up for games. This is in line with another set of dreams but instead of baseball its school.

I have number 1 exactly. And I have the school version of number 2, a class I have not attended all semester.

No reason to activate Miggy so soon. I would give it another week just incase

I thought you wanted him activated a couple of days ago?

By my math the team has 48 games left and he needs 169 plate appearances. So yes there's time but with days off and stuff it could be done.