IdahoBert

8-12-15 Tigers at Royals - 8:10 PM

Oh, that is what those symbols "2-0" mean. I'd forgotten.

Oops. that was short lived - and Collins is horrible in LF

Edited by Gehringer_2

I don't know what to think of the Royals.

To date the Tigers have had 88 more baserunners than the Royals. They have hit more home runs, more doubles, more triples, have collected 32 more hits and walked 82 more times. The Royals lead the league in HBP, besting the Tigers by 32 in this category. Despite putting considerably more men on base the Tigers have scored only a fraction more runs than KC (Det 4.36;KC 4.34). The double plays and stupid baserunning no doubt account for some this discrepancy. But the runs scored differential should still be much greater just based on the extra 88 base runners the Tigers have had.

On the flip side, the Tigers have allowed 140 more baserunners than the Royals. Big difference, yes. The kicker here is that the KC staff has a higher BB/9 and lower K/9 than the Tigers staff. Hard to believe. Besides KC's great defense the difference maker here is that the Tigers have allowed 33 more HRs, the most in the AL.

When you add it all up though the difference between the Tigers and Royals just doesn't seem like 14.5 games. The net difference between baserunners is only 52, meaning about a half a baserunner edge per game for the Royals. And most of this difference has occurred since the All-Star Break and the trade deadline. At the break the net difference was almost zero and yet the Tigers trailed by 9.5 games. So the Royals have been living right all year.

Maybe those 33 extra HRs the Tigers staff has allowed explains most of the difference in the standings. One could argue the difference between the two teams comes down to Sanchez, who's allowed 29 HRs, and Edison Volquez, who has allowed only 10.

This all probably an oversimplification. Certainly right how, post trade deadline, the Royals are clearly a superior team. But for the first three months the Tigers and Royals should have only been separated by a game or two, not almost 10.

So this game: 7 baserunners vs. 2 baserunners. Tie game. That's how.

I hope his 5 bloop doubles or whatever he has doesn't trick the FO into counting on him for anything next year.

also a really horrible relay by Iglesias. In his defense it looked like he was too close to throw it hard but two hops is still a bad toss.

With Castellanos I've always wondered if he was a legacy or something. Was his family part of the same flotilla to Miami as Ralph Avila or something? He seems very mature for his level. Dude needs to start showing that he's a plus player if he wants to stick around on a Championship caliber team. I see flickers of it...but we can't keep him around like Ben Verlander and Patrick Leyland if he's not up to the job.

With Castellanos I've always wondered if he was a legacy or something. Was his family part of the same flotilla to Miami as Ralph Avila or something? He seems very mature for his level. Dude needs to start showing that he's a plus player if he wants to stick around on a Championship caliber team. I see flickers of it...but we can't keep him around like Ben Verlander and Patrick Leyland if he's not up to the job.

It's not like he's blocking anyone. We are looking at the only other 3b candidate and he has a fairly unbelieveable 10% error rate as a 3b.

And Gose gets eaten up by the overhand topspin from Cain.

It's not like he's blocking anyone. We are looking at the only other 3b candidate and he has a fairly unbelieveable 10% error rate as a 3b.

And Gose gets eaten up by the overhand topspin from Cain.

This is just the part of the game where we should all go watch something else.

McCann calls for high FB 0-2, Norris without enough mustard on it and it's almost a HR.

Norris isn't ready

Edited by Gehringer_2

This is just the part of the game where we should all go watch something else.

You mean that part of the game between the first and ninth innings?

Wow, is this team unwatchable right now. I've been trying to just enjoy these games just for baseball's sake...but it's a pretty putrid brand of baseball this team is putting out there lately. And on top of it they look disinterested with all the bonehead plays and pickoffs. But there's good news: Brad said today he's not worried about being fired

Norris seems to have good stuff but command is hard to discern. I don't think he has any idea where in the strike zone his pitches are going to end up. His pitch map looks completely random.

Nice DP to get out of further trouble. I'm going to watch one more inning but if the Tigers have another weak 1-2-3 showing I'm going to surf the net for blonde milfs instead

Wow, is this team unwatchable right now. ..But there's good news: Brad said today he's not worried about being fired

He has reached the final stage of acceptance. He is ready for the kiss of death and to be taken out on the lake in a little dinghy.

Aaaaaaand.....another easy 1-2-3 inning. **** these losers. Anything would be better than watching this disaster of a ball club.

He has reached the final stage of acceptance. He is ready for the kiss of death and to be taken out on the lake in a little dinghy.

I would prefer something slow...torturous. You know, similar to what his managing has subjected us to!

Might come tomorrow.

Might come tomorrow.

Hunch or rumor? Or just based on the "I'm not worried about it" thing?

If JD and kinsler don't hit, they're not going to score. Cabrera should help.

I don't even want the Tigers to win. I want to see them win abstractly for the all time record and all but I want the protected pick.