Sign in to follow this  
hueytaxi

Sunday, August 9th Minor League Games

Suite View

14376346194_056aefbed0_z.jpg

1:00 PM A+ Daytona @ Lakeland; DAY: Garrett (7-6, 2.77) - LAK: Ziomek (6-9, 4.01)

1:00 PM A Kane County @ West Michigan; KC: Huang (6-1, 1.78) - WM: Perez, F (1-8, 4.02)

1:35 PM AA Harrisburg @ Erie; HAR: Bates (4-2, 4.29) - ERI: Fulmer (7-2, 1.75)

4:05 PM A(SS) Auburn @ Connecticut; AUB: Borne (1-1, 1.50) - CT: TBD

6:00 PM AAA Scranton/WB @ Toledo; SWB: Lail (0-1, 10.38) - TOL: Belfiore (5-10, 5.25)

bilde?Site=LL&Date=20150808&Category=PHOTOS51&ArtNo=808009997&Ref=PH&Item=12&NewTbl=1&Maxw=603&MaxH=452&q=90The Ledger

Home Game Wx:

Lakeland: Sunday 60 % Precip. / 0.34 in. Game time temp 86°.

Partly cloudy early. Scattered thunderstorms developing in the afternoon. High 91F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 60%. Radar: Tampa Radar | Weather Underground

West Michigan: Sunday 20 % Precip. / 0 in. Game time temp 80°.

Cloudy. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High around 85F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.

Erie: Sunday 20 % Precip. / 0 in. Game time temp 79°.

Sunny along with a few clouds. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 82F. Winds NE at 10 to 15 mph.

Connecticut: Sunday 10 % Precip. / 0 in. Game time temp 78°.

Except for a few afternoon clouds, mainly sunny. High near 80F. Winds NE at 10 to 15 mph.

Toledo: Sunday Night 0 % Precip. / 0 in. Game time temp 79°.

Mainly clear early, then a few clouds later on. Low near 55F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph.

Edited by hueytaxi

Franchise Scoring and Box Scores

(spilled a full glass of ice tea onto my keyboard, and we no longer function as a team)

Detroit Tigers Affiliates Scoreboard | MiLB.com Scoreboard | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball

Scranton/WB 9 @ Toledo 1 Delayed Final

W: Lail (1-1, 5.23); L: Belfiore (5-11, 5.60)

HR: None.

Scranton/WB vs. Toledo - August 9, 2015 | MiLB.com Box | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball

Harrisburg 0 @ Erie 5 Final

W: Fulmer (8-2, 1.64); L: Bates (4-3, 4.07)

Harrisburg vs. Erie - August 9, 2015 | MiLB.com Box | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball

Daytona 2 @ Lakeland 1 Final

W: Moran (2-2, 3.91); L: Mayberry (1-3, 1.40); SV: Muhammad (15)

HR: LAK: Rhymes (7)

Daytona vs. Lakeland - August 9, 2015 | MiLB.com Box | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball

Kane County 3 @ West Michigan 6 Final

W: Perez, F (2-8, 3.95); L: Huang (6-2, 2.19); SV: Jimenez (14)

Kane County vs. West Michigan - August 9, 2015 | MiLB.com Box | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball

Auburn 2 @ Connecticut 4 Final

W: Castellanos (1-0, 2.33); L: Borne (1-2, 2.51); SV: Shull (5)

Auburn vs. Connecticut - August 9, 2015 | MiLB.com Box | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball

Edited by hueytaxi

Kevin Ziomek pitches 7 shutout innings, bullpen gives up 2 in the 9th as the Flying Tigers lose.

Larry

2015 AAT Grayson Greiner

I was keeping track online. I'm kinda glad I didn't go to that one. Hard year to be a Flying Tiger. LFT have yet to win 10 games in the second half.

Kevin Ziomek pitches 7 shutout innings, bullpen gives up 2 in the 9th as the Flying Tigers lose.

Larry

2015 AAT Grayson Greiner

That's one thing about this team this year, insted of finding ways to win, they find different ways to lose, but as everyone tells me it's a learning process.

I really like that West Michigan team right now. I was treated to an excellent pitching matchup with Huang going for Kane County, and Fernando Perez going for the Whitecaps. Kane County has a couple of excellent positional prospects with Henry Castillo and Dawel Lugo at 2b and SS. Neither has much power, but Castillo especially has a terrific bat, and hit a gapper that Stewart turned into a triple. It was hit especially well, although Stewart has to tighten up defensively. The rest of the Whitecaps defense was solid, except a couple of poor throws from Pankake and Gonzalez (SS). Perez was solid, and was very efficient. He has an excellent pickoff move, and picked off a runner early after a close call the pitch before. He pitched 6 innings and threw less than 90 pitches, staying around 91-93 all game. He has decent breaking ball/changeup that he didn't use enough. Teakell pitched 2 innings, and its easy to see how he's excelling at this level. I think he'll have trouble as he moves up the chain, but he's in the right role. Joe Jiminez was absolutely electric as he closed out the 9th inning with 2 k's in 10 pitches. He doesn't belong at this level, imo; and could get major league hitters out right now imo. He was 96-98, with a wicked slider. As far as positional prospects, I was disappointed to see Scivicque DH in the game, but he was excellent at bat with the hardest hit ball of the game. I think his hit tool is so good right now, I think he's content to hit line drives and not worry about lifting the ball. Pankake was trying to lift the ball, and he hit a couple of long ones to deep right center. Gerber has a nice sweet swing, and I think he'll have to move up to Erie next year. I was really impressed with Zach Shepherd's all around game. I don't know how he is 19 years old, because he seems to be handling himself so well. It is hard to project him, but he's very solid, and has strong at bats. I think the bat will grow, and I think he'll have solid power. Stewart has a nice bat, and hit a couple of shots. It was impressive to see the Caps finally get Huang when no other team had hit him all year. He's around 90-91, with some deception. I don't see much projection with him, but he looks like a stud who will be a solid 4-5 starter in a couple of years. The Caps won, 6-3

Edited by cruzer1