Sign in to follow this  
PuNk42AE

08/08/2015: Boston Red Sox (Miley) at Detroit Tigers (Simon) - 7:08 PM

The Tigers have a bad pitching staff. That keeps every kind of opponent in the game.

Does anybody know our bullpen ERA since the break? It seems like it has to be damn near 9.

Can't find a quick, simple, free way to look that up, but their July BP ERA was 6.25. August BP ERA going into tonight was somehow 2.30.

Can't find a quick, simple, free way to look that up, but their July BP ERA was 6.25. August BP ERA going into tonight was somehow 2.30.

It's low when you give up every inherited runner, like tonight.

5.4 second half BP ERA if I'm reading BR correctly.

Oh look, I totally missed that section on BR. Tigers BP 2nd-half ERA is 5.40 (it was 3.97 in the 1st half.)

Edit:

Yep.

Yeah that's what I figured also. WHIP of 1.65 and OPS against of .782.

Oh look, I totally missed that section on BR. Tigers BP 2nd-half ERA is 5.40 (it was 3.97 in the 1st half.

of course, the team ERA is 5.11 so starter or reliever isn't all that much to choose!

Oh look, I totally missed that section on BR. Tigers BP 2nd-half ERA is 5.40 (it was 3.97 in the 1st half.)

Edit:

Yep.

Thanks Clark. Still terrible but not as bad as I thought. I wasn't exaggerating when I thought it may have been near 9.

Hardy with no location at all. Every time he's behind it comes right down the middle waist high.

Yep. Falling behind the bottom of the lineup doesn't usually work.

Unless you get a 3-2 6-4-3 DP!

Or not a DP. This should be a quick overturn. Ferrell didn't even wait for replay.

2 out, 1 on.

Hardy with no location at all. Every time he's behind it comes right down the middle waist high.

Yeah, I have never been able to get a read on Hardy. I can't tell if he's gonna be good or bad or why he was good or why he was bad.

Wow, 39th pitch is a walk to their worst hitter. Aaaaand gonna leave him for 1 more.

30 pitches in an inning for a reliever is pushing your luck Brad - esp on the 3rd day of 4.

EDIT: he doesn't have much stuff, but he gutted it out there. So he's a battler, but I'd still rather have guys with stuff.

Edited by Gehringer_2

30 pitches in an inning for a reliever is pushing your luck Brad - esp on the 3rd day of 4.

Hardy at least seems to have a rubber arm. If that was Rondon I'd be losing my mind.

0 runs tho. Unfortunately it's 2-3-4 due up in the 9th, and 4 is Ortiz. Insurance runs would be very nice.

Red Sox didn't hit a ball hard that inning, but get 3 runs. lol.

Now we decide to pepper the RF with routine fliners again.

At least Uehara isn't available.

That was the frustrating part.