PuNk42AE

08/04/2015: Kansas City Royals (Duffy) at Detroit Tigers (Verlander) - 7:08 PM

As much as I want to trash JV for another weak performance -- last time I checked we still haven't done anything put post donuts in the box score.

The bats are matching JV in ineptitude.

He's doing well.

heh, looks like Fuller hit a guy but the ump must've ruled he swung or something because that was removed from the box score and their manager got ejected and Fuller got a strikeout instead.

@ETNreisenweber

.@MFulmer12 with two absolutely filthy strikeouts in a row. He's not long for Double-A.

@ETNreisenweber

Michael Fulmer's stuff is way too good for Double-A. It'll be interesting if he is in Erie Sun for his next start. @Lynn_Henning @beckjason

@ETNreisenweber

Michael Fulmer is done after 98 pitches. He goes 6 2/3 IP 2 H 2 BB 6 K and gets a rousing ovation from the @erie_seawolves crowd.

And yeah if we needed another reason not to buy the contending narrative, Verlander gave us this performance after two great starts.

Was Rajai Davis at the bar with DD this afternoon?

I think it became apparent last year that Rajai isn't a guy that can be overplayed. They had to do it after trading Jackson but by the end he had the groin injury and couldn't move. I want to see Collins play a lot against RHP.

Come on, lets not parc words. He simply is saying that it might be undeserved and due more to failure of others than great play on our part to win it. Reminds of this classic:

Great quote and Thank You !

Victor got a hit!!!! Wow!!!!!

Can't Dombrowski take his contract as a parting gift?

not a terrible start in context for Verlander. No walks, 7IP but too many balls in play. If we're looking towards next year he seems to be going deeper into games which is nice.

Nick golfs a ball to the scoreboard in RC for a triple. Let's get some runs here.

I like Nick, I really do. I want him to succeed. Badly.

But nobody makes me want to break my TV like he does. Nobody. He's borderline terrible defensively and sometimes he just does stuff that makes him look like a guy who just started playing baseball yesterday.