Yoda

Cespedes to Mets

I know people love Wheeler, but I am glad we got players that can help next season. Even with the advancement in TJ surgery, that is scary stuff.

Norris, Boyd, Fulmer and Cessa is a decent haul for rentals and much needed given their lack of young, quality and cheap SP's.

Sign Cespedes in the off season and one of the free agent SP's and this added depth means guys like Buck Farmer can go to the bullpen. They also could be flipped for a quality SP, as well.

OBP AND OBS WERE CLOSE BETWEEN THEM .so what the tigers are losing are the home runs. but you get speed around the bases.

I hope that we see either Fields or Moya vs RHP once the roster is sorted out. No need to make Davis an everyday player for the rest of the season. I'm still shocked he wasn't traded.

I like the return...

I guess so. I would have loved to have extended Cespedes though. I really like him in LF for the Tigers.

I wonder how many years and how much money he was looking for? Or....will be looking for? :classic:

FYI - I'm hearing some rumblings about Rajai.....he may have been traded and it hasn't been announced. Not sure.

He talked to reporters after the deadline. He wasn't traded.

Since green is now in the bullpen they will probably start Fulmer next week

I would hope not, Fulmer is not on the 40-man and I would still like to see the Tigers look into Edwin Jackson and Daniel Nava.

I guess so. I would have loved to have extended Cespedes though. I really like him in LF for the Tigers.

I wonder how many years and how much money he was looking for? Or....will be looking for? :classic:

Sign him as a FA in the offseason...

I would hope not, Fulmer is not on the 40-man and I would still like to see the Tigers look into Edwin Jackson and Daniel Nava.

What ever happened with Shields? He'd be a nice addition.

Cespedes is the kind of player whose value goes beyond statistics. The jumps he gets on balls in the outfield are incredible. I hope we re-sign him this off-season. He's a perfect LF for Comerica Park.

Any sense of how aggressively the Mets will go after signing Cespedes this offseason?

From what I gather he's not the type of person who will like playing in NY.

What ever happened with Shields? He'd be a nice addition.

heeheehee

Next years projected rotation looking a lot better than it did 2 days ago:

JV

Anibal

Norris (hopefully)

Lobstein/Boyd/Fulmer/Greene

FA (I will guess Shark)

Sign him as a FA in the offseason...

I hope every single FA this off season tells the Tigers "no thank you, not with that guy as manager".

It might be the only way to get rid of Brad. Or do we all see him getting fired already?

Any clue on how many years and how much money for Cespedes?

I hope every single FA this off season tells the Tigers "no thank you, not with that guy as manager".

It might be the only way to get rid of Brad. Or do we all see him getting fired already?

Any clue on how many years and how much money for Cespedes?

Yeah, Brad is as good as gone.

Having said that, nobody is likely to not play here just because of a manager.

From fangraphs re: Fulmer:

Kiley McDaniel gave him a 45 FV grade before the season, he told me he’d bump him up to a 50 based on the improved slider and command he’s shown this year.

This would probably put him in our top 2-4 with Hill, Burrows.

But he also sticks to his Joba Chamberlain comp, so....glass half empty.

EDIT to add:

@DCameronFG

So @kileymcd is driving, but he told me he’d give Fulmer a 50 FV grade now. That would have put him in #80-#142 range in 2015 Top 200.

Alex Avila: was not traded ??? but he still keep starting for the tigers batting .190

And getting on base more than any one else.

Which former poster/troll are you?