IdahoBert

7-31-15 Detroit Tigers at Baltimore Orioles - 7:05 PM

Gibby is growing on me as an announcer. Seems like he is so down to earth, but with great baseball knowledge.

Gibby is growing on me as an announcer. Seems like he is so down to earth, but with great baseball knowledge.

He's pretty good when he talks about the thoughts/feel of actually playing/managing. Like a Rod Allen that actually knows things. I'll still dream of the day when the Tigers have any announcer that actually cares about statistics, but I guess that's a dream that will never see reality

Feliz with a nice 2-inning stint?

No hits, no walks, 2 K's?

It'd be huge if he got back on track to what he once was... he's under our control next year as a 4th year Arbitration guy...

Do you know what burns my arse? Making the first out of the inning at home plate. I have seen This a lot from the Tigers the last few years. I still remember fielder making the first out of of the inning at home plate in the WS

6-0 and we lost. Good thing we were sellers.

How did Farmer look before the wheels fell off?

3b coach sending iggy was a fatal mistake. In hindsight ... Do we let farmer get the last out of the 5th inning? It was 6 to 4 and 2 outs. Could not do any worse than krol. Seriously, let the kid pitch. Pull him if he gets another on base.

I feel like it's hard to differentiate b/c he was given a 6-0 lead and couldn't get out of the 5th.

Can he challenge since he lost earlier?

It was the 9th inning, so I thought Brad had a challenge.

So why didn't he challenge that? Am I missing something? If he decided not to challenge that crucial play, meaning it would've been one on and nobody out as opposed to nobody on and one out, then Brad needs to be fired immediately.

Maybe I'm missing something? Gibby sounded kind of confused on TV as to why he didn't challenge, saying, "it's worth it," but then suddenly being quiet.

Can anyone help? Did Brad have a challenge there?

Ausmus has absolutely no fire.......And has rubbed off on these players. This team still has way too much talent to be playing like this.

It was the 9th inning, so I thought Brad had a challenge.

So why didn't he challenge that? Am I missing something? If he decided not to challenge that crucial play, meaning it would've been one on and nobody out as opposed to nobody on and one out, then Brad needs to be fired immediately.

Maybe I'm missing something? Gibby sounded kind of confused on TV as to why he didn't challenge, saying, "it's worth it," but then suddenly being quiet.

Can anyone help? Did Brad have a challenge there?

He had a challenge there. Iglesias stayed out there, they took a quick look, and then called him back to the dugout.

I don't care what they saw in the dugout. You challenge that 100 out of 100 times. You're down 1 and it's the bottom of the 9th for f##k's sake. What's he saving it for -- tomorrow? Smh

Then bring him in to start the inning. Don't start with Krol and then bring in the rookie with runners on base

I am sure if Manny Machado would have led off the inning Valdez would have started the inning.

But David Lough (LH) led off and they brought in Krol to face him.

He had 2 different types of fastballs, one that was straight and one that flashed tons of tail/sink, but I got the sense that he didn't know which one he was throwing. Most pitches were 91-92, showed okay command. Flashed good change ups and good sliders but also hung waaay too many. Command was all over the place with these, altho I think the home plate ump was Buck's 1st cousin or something so he got the squeeze.

IMO, he needs to improve the command, I think that happens either by another season or two of reps in the minors or by moving to the bullpen. I favor the bullpen because he can probably bump up the velocity as well.