IdahoBert

7-31-15 Detroit Tigers at Baltimore Orioles - 7:05 PM

Man that Nick Castellanos is awesome!

Not getting enough attention tonight?

Ummm he was safe. Why replay if it won't be reversed. Getting pretty ridiculous.

Would you have traded him for Wheeler and Matz?

No. At this point JD is worth an established major leaguer and a top prospect. I think he's going to be the core of our team for a long while.

Edit: I don't consider Wheeler an established major leaguer yet, plus the injury concern.

Edited by DubTownTigersFan

No. At this point JD is worth an established major leaguer and a top prospect. I think he's going to be the core of our team for a long while.

Edit: I don't consider Wheeler an established major leaguer yet, plus the injury concern.

Almost 300 IP is pretty well established. He's not a guy that has to "audition" to make a team at this point.

The Orioles even after the trades aren't much better than the Tigers but they bought and we sold. I think our decision makes more sense but they probably didn't wnat to punt on the season.

And if Cabrera comes back soon I don't think the Tigers are going to have trouble scoring runs.

Every game is a sweater. Even when it was 6-0 you knew it was going to be a nail biter.

The Orioles even after the trades aren't much better than the Tigers but they bought and we sold. I think our decision makes more sense but they probably didn't wnat to punt on the season.

The other thing that doesn't get talked about is a reality IMO is the recent history of the franchise. The Tigers have been really good for most of the past decade and I don't think feel a lot of pressure to win now because of it. If we had a recent history more like the Royals or Orioles, we might have been more compelled to not give up on this season.

The other thing that doesn't get talked about is a reality IMO is the recent history of the franchise. The Tigers have been really good for most of the past decade and I don't think feel a lot of pressure to win now because of it. If we had a recent history more like the Royals or Orioles, we might have been more compelled to not give up on this season.
This is a very insightful and ....oh, stupid Tigers, now it's 6-5!

But seriously good post.

Ian Krol should wear floppy shoes and a red nose. Except Ausmus would be jealous