LooseGoose

Want to buy some fetal body parts? Planned Parenthood's got ya covered!!

Anyone that can watch the video embedded in this story and not want to puke is beyond me...the person from PP casually munching away while discussing dismembering babies in such a way as to preserve certain body parts.

These organizations only exist because of the Democrat party, make your own judgment based on that.

U.S. federal law states that, “It shall be unlawful for any person to knowingly acquire, receive, or otherwise transfer any human fetal tissue for valuable consideration if the transfer affects interstate commerce.”

BREAKING: Planned Parenthood director caught on tape selling aborted ‘baby parts’/

I don't think my stomach can take watching the video. Does it say what they are using the parts for?

I don't think my stomach can take watching the video. Does it say what they are using the parts for?

I don't know that they specifically do. I'll agree with the assumption that it's possibly some kind of research though I don't see that as any kind of justification, 60-70 years ago we were hanging people for the same thing.

Since they seem to want hearts, livers, lungs etc it wouldn't shock me at all if it's found there's some sort of transplant market going on.

There are a couple things at work here.

Organs can be used for transplant if the receiving party is not specified by the mother and also that the receiving party didn't pay for it.

For research, it is illegal to receive if it if you know the abortion was deliberately initiated to provide the tissue.

Overall, you cannot transfer for valuable consideration fetal tissue from abortions.

That doesn't mean that money can't be exchanged, because there are costs associated with procuring and saving and transferring the tissue that can be recouped by the facility that procures the tissue.

Given all of that, I think this undercover investigation and the way it was presented is a bit intellectually dishonest.

Planned parenthood isn't trafficking in fetal human body parts. That's not to say that there isn't some shady doctor out there being a monster. That could be the case for a lot of different things, like that guy who was recently found to be giving people chemo when they didn't have cancer or whatever that was.

Regardless, I don't think the PP doctor in this video was describing anything that is against the law.

Transplant market? Transplanting into other fetuses?

If they are talking partial birth abortions, these are very late term so could be for an infant transplant market.

If they are talking partial birth abortions, these are very late term so could be for an infant transplant market.

The law discusses transplants but I would guess that close to 100% of these situations relate to using the tissue for research and or stem cell treatments.

I don't think anyone is talking partial birth abortions.

The law discusses transplants but I would guess that close to 100% of these situations relate to using the tissue for research and or stem cell treatments.

I don't think anyone is talking partial birth abortions.

I had googled it for a written article and pba's were specifically discussed. This is also evidently old news.

Who would be performing these black market infant organ transplants, in the hypothetical?

Who would be performing these black market infant organ transplants, in the hypothetical?

No clue. The article I saw didn't say what they were using them for, only that the doctor had talked about pba techniques to preserve more desirable organs. My knowledge over how transplants work wouldn't fill a thimble.

My point is that it seems pretty unlikely that a reputable hospital would purchase organs for infants on the black market and it seems even more unlikely to me that there is a significant black market for doctors performing infant organ transplants outside of hospitals.

So I think Slappy's suggestion is borderline to outright ludicrous.

My point is that it seems pretty unlikely that a reputable hospital would purchase organs for infants on the black market and it seems even more unlikely to me that there is a significant black market for doctors performing infant organ transplants outside of hospitals.

So I think Slappy's suggestion is borderline to outright ludicrous.

I would imagine that hospitals use some sort of intermediary though. Crazier medical scandals have happened. So I wouldn't say it is ludicrous at all. That said, research is probably more likely.

But why would there need to be a black market for the hospital to use those organs? They already can use them for free.

I don't think that's how it works.

At any rate, the black market comes into play because there are so many more sick children than there are appropriate donor organs.

Fetal cells from abortions are used in making vaccines. You can find that all over the internet, so I won't bother to link it.

Also, 20/20 did an expose on the profitability of selling aborted fetal body parts in 2000. Here is an exerpt from a Michigan State bill related to this:

In March of 2000, the television news show 20/20 did an exposé on the trafficking of fetal body parts for profit. According to an article about the 20/20 show by the National Right to Life (available on the Internet), abortion providers, body procurers or “harvesters”, and medical researchers sidestep a federal ban on acquiring, receiving, or transferring human fetal tissue for “valuable consideration” by a system of donations and service fees. First, the abortion providers “donate” the fetuses to the procurers who instead pay a “site fee”. The site fee allows the company to place technicians in the facility where the abortions are performed. The technicians then harvest those body parts requested by medical researchers and “donate” the specimens to the researchers. Instead of payment for the specimens so to speak, researchers pay “retrieval fees” via a formal price list. According to this and other articles on the Internet, some companies charge a flat fee per specimen, whereas at least one charges per body part, for instance, $320 for a spinal cord or $550 for a reproductive organ. In the article on the 20/20 show, one harvester reportedly said that though he paid “just $50 plus overhead” per specimen and generally charged an average of $250 per specimen, he could “make up to $2,500 on a single fetus”.

Though few dispute the need or the validity of legitimate scientific research in the pursuit of curing or preventing human disease, the 20/20 investigation suggested that the high profitability associated with fetal body parts may have led to the use of deceptive practices in obtaining the consent of the mothers for the aborted fetuses to be used for research and may have influenced the procedures used to perform some abortions. Reportedly, some abortion procedures produce a more intact fetus than some standard procedures, but may result in increased pain and risk to the mother. The suggestion is that since an intact organ will produce a bigger profit, and since some companies give annual bonuses to providers that produce desirable organs, a financial incentive exists for an abortion provider to choose a procedure based on the type and condition of fetal body parts wanted by researchers that day rather than choosing the procedure based on what is best for the patient.

Some believe also that the federal ban on receiving “valuable consideration” is rarely enforced and that the current Michigan law may not stop the sale or trafficking of fetal tissue. To address these concerns, legislation has been offered to eliminate any loophole regarding fetal tissue, and to remove any incentive for influencing abortion based on financial gain.

https://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2003-2004/billanalysis/House/htm/2003-HLA-4652-a.htm

I had googled it for a written article and pba's were specifically discussed. This is also evidently old news.

Discussed by whom?

If a doctor or other individual is performing a partial birth abortion they should lose their license.

Is there evidence that partial birth abortions are being performed by PP or another clinic?

Fetal cells from abortions are used in making vaccines. You can find that all over the internet, so I won't bother to link it.

Also, 20/20 did an expose on the profitability of selling aborted fetal body parts in 2000. Here is an exerpt from a Michigan State bill related to this:

https://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2003-2004/billanalysis/House/htm/2003-HLA-4652-a.htm

The allegation that some clinics and doctors are trying to profit from the transfer of fetal body parts is concerning.

That doesn't appear to be the case, insofar as PP overall is concerned.

It's a very fine line between was is legal and what is illegal here, but there is a substantial medical reason for doing this so you've got to try to be smart about where you draw that fine line.

If someone is crossing that line they should be punished. I didn't see any indication from the video posted that PP likely crossed the line.

It's certainly possible if not probable that there are some individual doctors out there that are breaking or at least bending the law regarding this.

No clue. The article I saw didn't say what they were using them for, only that the doctor had talked about pba techniques to preserve more desirable organs. My knowledge over how transplants work wouldn't fill a thimble.

Pba technique is not necessarily pba. Pba is pretty clearly defined.

Are they or are they not performing partial birth abortions?

Discussed by whom?

If a doctor or other individual is performing a partial birth abortion they should lose their license.

Is there evidence that partial birth abortions are being performed by PP or another clinic?

Evidently the doctor who was recorded. I'll try to find the article in my history when I get back to my computer.

The allegation that some clinics and doctors are trying to profit from the transfer of fetal body parts is concerning.

That doesn't appear to be the case, insofar as PP overall is concerned.

Planned Parenthood makes enough profit from abortions that they don't need to sell the parts too? If that's the assertion, I don't buy it.

Evidently the doctor who was recorded. I'll try to find the article in my history when I get back to my computer.

I can save you the time. She mentioned that they will change the orientation of the fetus so that it is breach. The filmmakers likened it to pba.

That's a big leap.

Planned Parenthood makes enough profit from abortions that they don't need to sell the parts too? If that's the assertion, I don't buy it.

I don't think that's the assertion. I also don't think you think that's the assertion.

I don't think that's how it works.

At any rate, the black market comes into play because there are so many more sick children than there are appropriate donor organs.

Please tell me how it works.