Sign in to follow this  
PuNk42AE

07/12/2015: Detroit Tigers (Greene) at Minnesota Twins (Gibson) - 2:10 PM

So we trade Fister for Ray and Fister pitches well while Ray stinks. Then we trade Ray for Greene and Greene bombs while Ray excels. Sometimes you just cant get a break.

Lets just face facts, The Twinkies are a better team when Price or Verlander are not pitching.

The Tigers are a better team when Alfredo Simon and Shame Greene are not pitching.

OK, that is a fair opinion. If Avila is not coming back and the Tigers fall hopelessly out of it, I agree it would make sense to start using McCann more. I do agree that McCann has a chance to be a solid primary catcher. I just think if you are trying to win now that a combination of the two works better.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I don't want to come on here and argue. Haha. You're a very knowledgable poster from my years reading this forum. I usually just stay on the Pistons one.

Obviously this has been a flop of a season. Cannot believe how bad their pitching staff is. And they have a very solid defense too. Imagine this staff with Peralta at short :)

I think it does matter. But what I'm getting at... And sorry if I've been unclear... Is that I see a kid in McCann that I really like... And I think he should be playing to develop the familiarity instead of using Avila so much when he's likely out the door after the season. That's all. I don't think Avila is terrible. I just would like to see McCann play everyday.
OK, that is a fair opinion. If Avila is not coming back and the Tigers fall hopelessly out of it, I agree it would make sense to start using McCann more. I do agree that McCann has a chance to be a solid primary catcher. I just think if you are trying to win now that a combination of the two works better.

I think you're both right, it just depends on the Tigers' intentions. If they concede this season, I would for sure like to see McCann getting more AB's. If they continue to try to win a WC, they need to take advantage of the R/L platoon they have.

Avila is about due for another injury anyhow.

I dont get the reference.

old team which is past its prime of competitiveness

Twins and Royals enter the break with the two best records in the AL.

Gotta tip your cap when credit is due, I suppose.

I dont get the reference.

Just me being silly in the face of frustration.

These last three games are not a very optimistic send off heading into the All-Star break. Leaves sort of a bad taste on the palate.

So, the new manager of the Twins is credited with enhancing their culture and their competitiveness.

Is the reverse ever true?

These last three games are not a very optimistic send off heading into the All-Star break. Leaves sort of a bad taste on the palate.

Nothing a few cigarettes and hooker spit can't get rid of.

Good news from the Futures Game...

Catherine Slonksnis ‏@CSlonksnis 3m3 minutes ago

#Tigers prospect Joe Jimenez faces 2 batters, gets both out. Second out on a 96 mph fastball for a strikeout. He threw 6 pitches, topped 97.

Nothing a few cigarettes and hooker spit can't get rid of.

Never kiss a hooker and my advice is to always pay promptly: an angry prostitute will mess you up.

Never kiss a hooker and my advice is to always pay promptly: an angry prostitute will mess you up.

That's why I always bring these bad boys.

BYOKKxi.jpg

Avila is about due for another injury anyhow.

If you are talking about the current situation with his knee, then I might agree. If you are talking about a general tendency to get hurt a lot, he usually plays about an average number of games for a regular catcher

If you are talking about the current situation with his knee, then I might agree. If you are talking about a general tendency to get hurt a lot, he usually plays about an average number of games for a regular catcher

And he was beat up a lot last year. Those issues could pop up again as well. Any concussion symptoms this year and he's going to the 7-day concussion list, whereas before they'd only sit him a day or two.

His career games started is pretty irrelevant when discussing the likelihood of him missing time in the 2nd half. His knee/brain aren't issues he's had to deal with his first 4+ years.

Edited by Yoda

Well, this game looked encouraging.

For other teams looking for a starting pitcher.

So, the new manager of the Twins is credited with enhancing their culture and their competitiveness.

Is the reverse ever true?

but I thought Gardenhire was the best at enhancing culture and competitiveness.

but I thought Gardenhire was the best at enhancing culture and competitiveness.

Who ever said this? It was not me.

Maybe by the time I'm 100 years old the media will realize that sometimes teams just get lucky for 1/2 of a season and it doesn't mean anything.

Let's look fondly back on this when the Twins are in 4th place at the end of the season (you know who is in 5th of course)

The loss Friday night was about as deflating as one could be.

The effort the past two days are evidence of that.

It will take a miracle for this team to turn it around in the second half. They need a spark. Something. Anything to get them going. But I think they are done.

Who ever said this? It was not me.

I've just seen a lot of votes for Gardenhire as their next manager because he knows how to win. Who is your choice?

I've just seen a lot of votes for Gardenhire as their next manager because he knows how to win. Who is your choice?

I'd like it if the Tigers were managed by an emotionless machine with no soul. So either a computer or myself