PuNk42AE

07/10/2015: Detroit Tigers (Verlander) at Minnesota Twins (Santana) - 8:10 PM

Losing a game like this really has no effect on upcoming games. A loss is a loss and tomorrow is a new day. However, seeing Soria lose a game like this after a series of shaky appearances the last few weeks really makes we lose whatever little confidence I had in the pen.

It doesn't have an effect on upcoming games, but when you're already 8 games out in the division, losing a game in which you have a 99.9% win expectancy can't happen.

They have a tiny margin for error to even get in the idiotic wild card. Losing a game like this is a sure way to throw that away. I know you're not saying it, but the old adage about games somehow counting less early in the season drives me nuts. Losing a game that should have been an easy win at any point in the season is a good way to finish 1 game back in the final standings.

And it's also something that bad teams are more likely to do, like this one.

Everything is high leverage unless the Tigers are up by at least 8 runs.

It doesn't have an effect on upcoming games, but when you're already 8 games out in the division, losing a game in which you have a 99.9% win expectancy can't happen.

They have a tiny margin for error to even get in the idiotic wild card. Losing a game like this is a sure way to throw that away. I know you're not saying it, but the old adage about games somehow counting less early in the season drives me nuts. Losing a game that should have been an easy win at any point in the season is a good way to finish 1 game back in the final standings.

And it's also something that bad teams are more likely to do, like this one.

no ****, it was a terrible loss. I wasn't saying anything about excusing the loss. Just looking towards the future.

Soria is lucky he isn't on the Iraqi national baseball team when Saddam was in power or he'd be headed for the wood chipper right now.

Craig "if just seems like that's the theme of this season, if it can go wrong, its gone wrong"

Pretty strong stuff for a guy I normally identify as siding with the corporate view.

later: "this was the toughest loss of the year"

That loss hurt, but I'm coming back tomorrow hoping for a win.

Of course. I want them to win. I'm annoyed that they crapped the bed and don't appear capable of winning more than 3 games in a row since April.

Also, this is why you don't pitch relievers 3 days in a row! Bad things can happen.

The loss indicates they have terrible pitching overall. That doesn't look it's going to change

Come on man. Their closer blew a FOUR RUN lead. This one is not on Ausmus.

I think hiring Ausmus was a massive mistake and I can't wait until he's out of here...but as much as I'd like to find fault with him, because it would make me feel better, I can't

Of course. I want them to win. I'm annoyed that they crapped the bed and don't appear capable of winning more than 3 games in a row since April.

Agree. For some reason, as tough of a loss as this was, I'm over it. I think its because of the way the season has gone so far. That's all I was saying.

edit...I mean I am a Lions fan, so there's that.

Also, this is why you don't pitch relievers 3 days in a row! Bad things can happen.

You are the one who wanted to see him pitch. You bet $100 that Ausmus wouldn't warm him up soon enough.

You are the one who wanted to see him pitch. You bet $100 that Ausmus wouldn't warm him up soon enough.

Well, the radio guys said he didn't seem like he'd warmed up properly. So maybe I can blame Brad after all!!

How many "worst loss of the season" have we had now? Seems I'm hearing that every week.

This was THE worst. Seeing Verlander pitch so well was one of the high points of the season and then the bullpen blows a five-run lead. It doesn't get worse than that.

no ****, it was a terrible loss. I wasn't saying anything about excusing the loss. Just looking towards the future.

Well, if we want to pretend the season is going to go well because there's a small chance of it then I'd just focus on Verlander pitching well and not try to write off tonight's game as irrelevant to the future

Well, if we want to pretend the season is going to go well because there's a small chance of it then I'd just focus on Verlander pitching well and not try to write off tonight's game as irrelevant to the future

Go back and read my post. Your responses don't really relate to what I said.

Agree. For some reason, as tough of a loss as this was, I'm over it. I think its because of the way the season has gone so far. That's all I was saying.

edit...I mean I am a Lions fan, so there's that.

My level of acceptance/serenity for Lions losses is dramatically different. The Old Testemant God that destroyed Sodom and Gamora, flooded out everyone but Noah and his Ark, and put his chosen people through the Holocaust, hates the Detroit Lions and their fans. Until I see otherwise I won't believe anything different.

The Tigers are just dealing with a deficiency that can be fixed with a managerectomy

It's hard to think they will prevent runs well enough to be an actual contender. Look for positive performances for guys who will probably be on the roster next year. I'm going to remove Rondon from that list.

It's hard to think they will prevent runs well enough to be an actual contender. Look for positive performances for guys who will probably be on the roster next year. I'm going to remove Rondon from that list.

If the past is any indication, Dombrowski will depend on him to be a key piece of the bullpen.