PuNk42AE

07/10/2015: Detroit Tigers (Verlander) at Minnesota Twins (Santana) - 8:10 PM

I'm hearing reports that in the aftermath of tonight's game Dave Dombrowski immediately traded the entire farm system for a washed up reliever

Verlander should have not gotten past the first baserunner of the 8th.

So, Verlander pitched well...Ausmus crapped the bed managing his bullpen.

What bullpen?

Soria has not been reliable for a few weeks now.

??? I don't remember a recently blown save. And according to some people, the only thing that matters is if the team wins or not. Tonight was a NOT.

It amazes me that Soria hasn't gotten more flack this year. For as bad as Nathan was last year, Soria really hasn't been any better than he was this year, he's been throwing up junk all season praying for the BABIP and LOB Gods to save him.

Ausmus is so shellshocked by this bullpen he uses Soria. It's a defensible move. And the guy records zero outs. I don't even think the phillies would have to use their closer with a 5 run lead entering the 9th. I remember when rondon was a savior.

Who knew the bullpen would we worse than last year?

One game isn't something to panic over. But when you **** the bed like this after having an extremely disappointing first half, one game can really send your season into the tubes.

I will say it for the 3000th time....sell at the deadline. Sell. Sell. Sell. And not just because of this game, but because of everything cumulatively up to this game.

Come on man. Their closer blew a FOUR RUN lead. This one is not on Ausmus.

And people wonder why the Twinkies are strongly disliked. F them and their fairy fans. I guess leaving all those runners at 3rd base with zero and one outs made quite a difference. We should have scored 10 runs....oh well. Get them tomorrow, Tigers. But, pretty soon there won't be any tomorrows left.

When they did that "everybody clap your hands" thing, they did, in unison, in beat with the song. When someone tells me to do something I throw a rock at them. And I'm throwing rocks at them right now.

One game isn't something to panic over. But when you **** the bed like this after having an extremely disappointing first half, one game can really send your season into the tubes.

No it's not.

So we would have lost the game in the 8th inning instead of the 9th inning?

Is it still to early to say "wit till next year"

Watch out for Cleveland. We're closer to them and Chicago (last place) than we are to K.C.

Is that how managing a BP in low-leverage situations works?

With noted top prospect Bruce Rondon coming in, how could the Tigers lose?

I've heard that he throws quite hard

This is bananaland. I don't even think Ausmus was scared the pen would blow it when he extended verlander into the 8th.

Losing a game like this really has no effect on upcoming games. A loss is a loss and tomorrow is a new day. However, seeing Soria lose a game like this after a series of shaky appearances the last few weeks really makes we lose whatever little confidence I had in the pen.

If we blame Ausmus at all, it's for pitching Soria three nights in a row. And I didn't hear much objection when he was brought in, frankly.

Win 2 at Minnesota and all is forgiven. Might even win 3 of 4.

Paul Wezner ‏@TigsTown 3m3 minutes ago

I know we're still over .500 and close to the wild card and all that... but tough not to think this might have been that symbolic end...

I've felt like that about 5 times this year already.

In all honestly though coming into this game I was basically expecting a loss considering the pitching matchups so I'm not all that upset with losing, just didn't expect a loss that way. We still got a good start out of Verlander and scored some runs without Cabrera again. So those were good signs, it's no secret that Soria is going to have outings like this with his inability to miss bats. Basically what I'm getting at is this loss isn't the end of the world. We weren't going to sweep them, there were still positives to take from this game, just got to win the next 2.