Biff Mayhem

What television series are you currently watching?

The first two were not well reviewed by the critics but the third is supposedly very good. 4-6 were not sent out for review in advance so who knows how it finishes up.

I didn't see last night's but I will try to watch both of them tonight.

Missed tonight. (Hockey game. Priorities!) I'll try to catch it later on Amazon, I guess.

Thanks for the heads up on the reviews. I think I'll watch it at least through that episode before deciding whether to continue.

Not sure, del. The one-off episodes are like mini movies so those would be fine.

The serialized conspiracy episodes build on each other.

Anyway, I didn't think the first episode was as bad as the critics said. It was fine as a first episode.

Amazon Prime with another good show:

Mad Dogs.

I've enjoyed the first three episodes.

My wife and daughter have been out of town for the last week and a half. I'm not one of those guys who would take advantage of the wife being gone to build an addition on the back of the house or paint the interior. So, I've been watching a lot of TV.

Jessica Jones (recommendation from this thread): Excellent! Can't wait for the next season!

Master of None (recommendation from this thread): Very good. Kind of quirky, reminiscent of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Schitt's Creek (not sure where I heard about this, possibly in this thread): Very Good.

Stars Eugene Levy, Catherine O'Hara, Daniel Levy (Eugene's real life son) and Annie Murhpy.

Classic fish out of water comedy premise. Exceedingly wealthy family loses everything and has to move into a run down motel in a town that they bought as a joke because they thought the name of the town, Schitt's Creek, was funny.

The show is a family project for Eugene Levy created by him and his son and his real life daughter is also in the show.

Daniel Levy is extremely funny, he has great timing and his scenes with the girl at the front desk of the motel sparkle.

I've never seen the girl who plays Eugen Levy's daughter in the show. Her name is Annie Murphy and she is fabulous. This girl is going to have a nice career. Not only is she super hot, with the nicest legs I've ever seen, she is exceedingly funny as a Paris Hilton type socialite.

The show also features Chris Elliot as the mayor of Schitt's Creek, Roland Schitt, who I'm sure you've seen around in other shows. He played "Woogie" in Something About Mary.

The show seems to be flying under the radar a bit because it is being shown on CBC out of Canada. It's worth a look, IMO.

Episode three of the new x files was excellent.

Also loved the new Louis ck show Horace and Pete.

I started watching SuperStore. I like it. It's like The Office in a Walmart.

I bailed on it. I don't care about the people because every one of them, including America Ferrera, are too broadly drawn. I'd rather watch the Muppets than Superstore.

Watched the first episode of You, Me and the Apocalypse. If you liked the movie Dogma, you will like this show, because it has the same sort of didactic feel to it. I'm looking forward to seeing it unfold.

Horace and Pete episode 2 is coming out Saturday and will cost 2 bucks. Subsequent episodes will cost 3 bucks.

Anyone else looking forward to Vikings coming back this month?

That's a show I wish I would have started watching. Now I'm too far behind. But I did like the first couple episodes that I did see.

That's a show I wish I would have started watching. Now I'm too far behind. But I did like the first couple episodes that I did see.

Just think of the great time you're going to have when you binge watch the entire series in a few years.

I am kind of meh on the show, to be honest.

Seems to be a show that really divides people. I hear its the best thing ever and better than GOT from its diehards(not buying that lol) and then kind of what you're saying from others.

Seems to be a show that really divides people. I hear its the best thing ever and better than GOT from its diehards(not buying that lol) and then kind of what you're saying from others.

It is not bad, but it is not great.

I watched through last season and will likely watch all of this season. That written, I feel like it has plateaued.

Vikings has definitely had ups and downs to me, but I really liked this last season so I'm pretty pumped for the new one. I don't find it to be some sort of masterpiece but it's a very fun watch.

This animated show "Animals" on HBO is so strange, and such a trip and I am laughing to the point of pain from it.

Same. But this new season is going to be 20 episodes. I feel the story is going to drag badly. But we'll see.

FYI - Better Call Saul starts back up on Monday. Season 1 is also on Netflix now.