Biff Mayhem

What television series are you currently watching?

On 2/26/2020 at 10:12 AM, John_Brian_K said:

Is anyone else watching The Outsider on HBO?  Based on a Stephen King book.  Missed last weeks episode and just caught up last night.

I like it.   Reminds me a little of the movie Fallen.   I haven’t read the book and I have no idea how they are going to end it.

I watched two episodes of Hunters and I don’t think I’m going to continue.  I want to like it.  The concept and the late 70’s timeline are great but everything else falls short.   This is the show runner’s first time creating anything more than a single TV episode and it shows.   Both episodes I watched had big plot holes and inexplainable comedy bits thrown into the middle of a serious storyline.  The acting and character development are also pretty meh.  

20 hours ago, Hongbit said:

I like it.   Reminds me a little of the movie Fallen.   I haven’t read the book and I have no idea how they are going to end it.

The book was really good.  The series is following the book very closely so far as I can recall...it has been a few years I think since I read the book...whenever it came out, and I am about 20 books past that now.  Hard to keep all that in the old memory banks.

I'm pumped! Started at season 1 again to refresh my memory on everything. It's just as great the second time around.

• Like 1

I watched episode 1 last night based on the suggestion here.   Wow. I love how they jump right into things and don’t waste time on buildup or fluffy backstory.   

• Like 2

On 2/23/2020 at 10:02 AM, Yoda said:

The old lady is absolutely terrifying. The Cartel have reason. These people don't. 

Reveal hidden contents

And I love how the bad guy changes throughout season 1. First you think it's the Cartel. Then you think it's the family with the kids. Then at the end you realize the old lady is worse than all of them. 

I have to wonder if Jacob Snell would have turned into a criminal if  he hadn’t met Darlene....

8 hours ago, Hongbit said:

I watched episode 1 last night based on the suggestion here.   Wow. I love how they jump right into things and don’t waste time on buildup or fluffy backstory.   

Nice. I think Ruthie is my favorite character. The actress who plays her does a fantastic job. 

1 hour ago, Biff Mayhem said:

Nice. I think Ruthie is my favorite character. The actress who plays her does a fantastic job. 

Same. 

Jon Hamm was terrific in last night's Curb. But he's great in pretty much everything he does.

42 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Jon Hamm was terrific in last night's Curb. But he's great in pretty much everything he does.

He was great.

A new MOP doc. And it's free on youtube. 

Edit: 90% of the interviews are from an old tape it seems like and are slower and at a lower pitch than they're supposed to be. Would have been a really easy fix. Just enough to be really annoying. Great doc though.

Good time to have nothing to do.

They already announced season 7 has been ordered and it will be the final season.

Anybody find something good during quarantine?  

Thinking about starting Letter For The King on Netflix.  

If you like cooking shows try The Chef Show.  Some famous chefs, some celebrities and Favreau is a lot of fun.

Just now, Deleterious said:

If you like cooking shows try The Chef Show.  Some famous chefs, some celebrities and Favreau is a lot of fun.

Nice.   I watched some of the Dave Chang show and really liked that it even though it’s pretty much a Bourdain copy.  

I thought I shared this here but apparently I didn't:

The Good Place

I am thoroughly amused and entertained.

I'm so sad this season of Curb is over already. It was really great! The season just flew by, and the payoff with the various other spite stores was great, especially Sean's Exotic Birds and Jonah's Deli.

"A little light for a Kwami, don't you think?" LOL!