Biff Mayhem

What television series are you currently watching?

19 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Billions seems muddled. It's all secondary story lines. I'm not sure what the main plot line is yet.

Yup, this nails it. I like the show to a degree, but Axe and Rhodes are marginalized now. The show was kind of set up(much like Lewis' Brodie storyline on Homeland) to be effective for one season, as Rhodes chasing Axe. 

I know they're trying to do the whole "good guys aren't always completely good and bad guys aren't completely bad" type of thing, but I think they are kind of butchering it. They've made it so at no point do I ever care if Axe gets caught or not. 

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

I saw someone describe William Hurts character as a James Bond villain. I thought that fit well.

He definitely had that vibe to him. I dug the show, but Mickey's description wasn't unfair. It felt like BUrn Notice and Better Call Saul had a baby starring Billy Bob

Just finished binge watching Iron Fist.  I thought it was okay.  I like enjoyed some of the other Netflix Marvel shows better, but it was still pretty good.  

A bit more cliche I thought but some interesting bits as well.  It'll be a little interesting to see how the 'defenders' all get together later.

Just now, RedRamage said:

Just finished binge watching Iron Fist.  I thought it was okay.  I like enjoyed some of the other Netflix Marvel shows better, but it was still pretty good.  

A bit more cliche I thought but some interesting bits as well.  It'll be a little interesting to see how the 'defenders' all get together later.

We watched the first episode last night. It's very slow. I'm ready to give up on it but I'll watch two more just to make sure.

2 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

We watched the first episode last night. It's very slow. I'm ready to give up on it but I'll watch two more just to make sure.

Yeah, it's a slow start, that's for sure.  It does heat up later in the series.  Worth watching, in my humble opinion, but not as good as DD or Cage... probably a little lesser than Jessica Jones as well.

The following might be considered slight spoilers, so I'll mask it, but I'm giving away any plot points... I think the best way to better enjoy the show is to understand that...

...Danny didn't come to New York intending to be a super hero.  He just came to try to pick up his life 15 years later.  And he's terribly naive about the way the world works.

Anyone watching Legion on FX? Such a bizarre show. It's certainly like no other "superhero" show I have ever seen. I'm not a huge fan of X-Men and I had never heard of Legion before, but I am still enjoying the show.

I watched the first four episodes of legion so far so I'm a bit behind but I really like it. 

After tcutting the cord it is slightly more difficult to keep up with everything because watching the episodes through the various apps is less efficient than dvr. And if the app ever freezes or crashes, you sometimes have to start from the beginning and you can't fast forward. 

There is a show on sci-fi network called the expanse that I have heard good things about. The first season is on Amazon and the second season is currently airing. I watched the first episode and liked it. I will probably try to watch more. 

I have fallen about 2 months behind my tv watching and probably need to either cut some shows or invest a bit of time to catch up before GoT comes back.

11 minutes ago, Shelton said:

There is a show on sci-fi network called the expanse that I have heard good things about. The first season is on Amazon and the second season is currently airing. I watched the first episode and liked it. I will probably try to watch more. 

Same here. Never heard of it until recently but I am told it's the best thing they have done since BSG.

We are still mired in whatever Will is watching (cartoons), but binged on Love and are looking to expand beyond House reruns. 

Watched the new Chappell stand-up on Netflix.

I would say it's average. Loved his show but I was never a huge fan of his stand-up.

It seems odd they aren't putting the entire series up.  But I'll take it.  One of my favorites as a kid.

Homeland started slow but has really picked up near the end. Maybe one of the more unbelievable seasons but the tension is pretty high.

Feud Bette and Joan, centered around the making of Whatever Happened to Baby Jane, is simply fantastic. If either Jessica Lange or the show itself is nominated for an Emmy, the scene where Joan Crawford fires the William Morris Agency is the clip they must show.

Not for nothing, this series is also maybe the second I've seen that has allowed the dropping of the full F-bomb on a commercial network. Maybe America is growing up after all.

On 3/20/2017 at 8:34 AM, Biff Mayhem said:

Checking in for an updated review on Iron Fist.

One of the 3 funniest shows on TV, along with Archer and Always Sunny. 

• Like 2

Big Little Lies mini-series just finished up. Pretty much an outstanding job by HBO.