wockenfussy

Tigers claim Marc Krauss on waivers

Well, at least there won't be any debate about what to do with him after Miggy comes off of the DL.

Isn't Lennerton in the 40-man? Why on earth would we waste a spot on this loser?

I know, right? Have you seen his combined runs and rbi?

I think I would have rather they called up Hessman. At least it would make for a nice "feel good" story.

Let's have a nickname contest.

Sour Krauss

Alison Krauss

That POS can't hit

This guy sucks but he's a lot better than Jordan Lennerton or whatever garbage 1st base 'prospects' the Tigers have kicking around

Kind of a local product, grew up about 90 minutes from Detroit in NW Ohio, hope he does well. I remember him as a high school athlete, was considered more of a prospect as a football player.

This guy sucks but he's a lot better than Jordan Lennerton or whatever garbage 1st base 'prospects' the Tigers have kicking around

Ok, this is really grasping but in his MLB career, most of which has been spent in Houston, he has posted a .734 OPS on the road. I don't know that Minute Maid park is a bad place to hit for lefties, but his home/road splits are severe. At least he has continually produced in the minors, something none of the other Tigers minor league options can say. What the heck, he bats from the left side, hits for a little power (11 homers in 400 mlb plate appearances), walks some (8.5% in mlb), and didn't cost the Tigers anything.