Yoda

The July 31 Trade Deadline Thread

Maybe ChiSox are still sniffing around?

Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 3m3 minutes ago

The #WhiteSox would love to add a bat, but unless they move position player off their 25 man roster, they have no room.

They almost have to trade Upton in 70 minutes. They could wait on Shields and Gyorko, but couldn't package them with anybody until the off-season. They can still keep Ross, Cashner, Kimbrel without problems.

Crasnick says Benoit and Kennedy are the likely to be traded.

Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick 1m1 minute ago

I kept hearing Benoit and Kennedy as guys likely to go. #Padres were listening on Ross, but the price was going to be very high.

Lynn G. Henning ‏@Lynn_Henning 53s53 seconds ago Smyrna, GA

Decent chance there's 1 hour to go in the Tigers lives of Dixon Machado or Joe Jimenez -- or both. Either could be bundled with Cespedes.

Interesting...

Lynn G. Henning ‏@Lynn_Henning 53s53 seconds ago Smyrna, GA

Decent chance there's 1 hour to go in the Tigers lives of Dixon Machado or Joe Jimenez -- or both. Either could be bundled with Cespedes.

Interesting...

Not sure if actually heard something or trolling.

Never know, but he seems to be onto something.

And agree with other statements, the 45 second delay is ridiculous on this board.

I'd be very surprised if his comment had any merit or legs.

I assume any trade would have been leaked by now since medical reports have to be looked at?

I assume any trade would have been leaked by now since medical reports have to be looked at?

Jim Bowden tweeted awhile back that there would be a flurry of already completed trades announced in the final hour.

I suspect all interested parties have most the medical records already, so this step is mostly resolved, for the major pieces. Basically a simultaneously run process while trades are being hammered out.

Seems like the Dodgers did acquire Wood to be traded afterall?

Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1 22s23 seconds ago

Hearing #Dodgers are talking about moving Alex Wood to #Cubs

Okay, he was joking, but followed with this... he's pretty much a major reporter for Mets:

Adam Rubin ‏@AdamRubinESPN 10s10 seconds ago

Asked #Mets person if optimistic or pessimistic about trade. Answer: "We are trying."

Cespedes to Mets it looks like according to Adam Rubin. Unless he's joking.

I don't think he is in the 'know' about much, and posts a lot of personal speculation. But...

Adam Rubin ‏@AdamRubinESPN 1m1 minute ago

Asked #Mets person if optimistic or pessimistic about trade. Answer: "We are trying."

I really think the Dodgers acquired Wood to deal to the Tigers, but DD just loved Norris too much that when the Jays offered him the Dodgers had no chance.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 58s58 seconds ago

Confirming: #Dodgers discussing Alex Wood to #Cubs, as first reported by @joelsherman1. “Sounds like a longshot,” one source said.

I really think the Dodgers acquired Wood to deal to the Tigers, but DD just loved Norris too much that when the Jays offered him the Dodgers had no chance.

Good point. One thing is for sure, DD is one of the best trade deadline poker players of keeping his hand close.

Angels and mets.

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 22s22 seconds ago New York, USA

angels are another team that's talked to the tigers about cespedes, as @jonmorosi said. mets in the middle of it, too.

Wha....

Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick 2m2 minutes ago

All indications are the #Padres have nothing happening on Justin Upton. It appears he's staying put at deadline.