Sign in to follow this  
Sydney_Fife

Pistons acquire 3 players from Phoenix

Well at least it wasn't Markieff. He and KCP don't like each other much after the "no heart" incident.

Also, aren't the twins going through some court battle for assault right now?

Well at least it wasn't Markieff. He and KCP don't like each other much after the "no heart" incident.

Also, aren't the twins going through some court battle for assault right now?

Markieff is the better player. But yes, they are dealing with a court case.

So if Baynes signs for 6.5 M and we absorb these 3 deals, we will have 4.3 million left in cap space.

I imagine they'll waive Granger.

Pistons have no choice but to gamble. I hate it - but I can't blame VanGundy.

They simply can't either draw a significant FA - or, get into the top-3 draft picks.

The hope is maybe they can put something together similar to the 2004 team: pieces that fit, perfectly.

So if Baynes signs for 6.5 M and we absorb these 3 deals, we will have 4.3 million left in cap space.

I think they will. I do see SVG giving Bullock a shot though.

Morris can play the 3 and the 4. His deal is 4 years/20 million. Only 26 on Opening Night. Didn't give up anything.

Seems like a good deal. The Pistons clearly aren't in a position to sign good free agents, so trading for serviceable guys with acceptable contracts is probably the way to go.

And a 2nd round pick is pretty much valueless imo

This looks to be the case, Granger just never came all the way back from injury a few years back.

Morris is kinda uninspiring, but he can shoot and he does ok down low. He will allow Ersan to come off the bench, giving SVG his Ryan Anderson. Bullock has a pretty jump shot and untapped potential; the kind of player I've wanted the Pistons to gamble on for several years. He and SJ could be a really nice pair of SF for us.

I love this deal.

So by my count now it appears we will have

PG: Jackson, Jennings, Dinwiddie

SG: KCP, Meeks

SF: Morris, Johnson, Martin

PF: Ilyasova, Tolliver, Miller

C: Drummond, Baynes

Hilliard, Bullock, Thomas are all under our control. Granger will likely be waived. Anthony will likely be brought back it seems. Looks doubtful they'll add another PG.

This looks to be the case, Granger just never came all the way back from injury a few years back.

Morris is kinda uninspiring, but he can shoot and he does ok down low. He will allow Ersan to come off the bench, giving SVG his Ryan Anderson. Bullock has a pretty jump shot and untapped potential; the kind of player I've wanted the Pistons to gamble on for several years. He and SJ could be a really nice pair of SF for us.

I love this deal.

BUT I JUST READ 15 PUFF PIECES FROM LANGLOIS IN THE LAST GODDAM MONTH ABOUT QUINCY MILLER AND EVEN ANDER drUMMOND SAID HE WAS GOOD

Hilliard, Bullock, Thomas are all under our control. Granger will likely be waived. Anthony will likely be brought back it seems. Looks doubtful they'll add another PG.

Jennings has to be next, can someone get Philly on the phone?

We have 2 spots on the Drive roster where we can designate guys and keep them under our control, right?

They have to stay on the Pistons 15 man roster to stay under our control.

If a player participates in your training camp, you can send him to your D-League team if you cut him. But all this avoids is having to draft him in the D-League draft. Other teams can still sign him.

15 Contracts right? I'll say we bring back Anthony as well. I would project the 15 as follows (with the remaining "bubble" candidates I think will lose out...):

PG: Jackson, Jennings, Dinwiddie.

SG: KCP, Hilliard, Meeks.

SF: Morris, Johnson, Bullock.

PF: Ilyasova, Tolliver, Miller.

C: Drummond, Baynes, Anthony.

I think Martin loses out to Bullock. And Thomas loses out to Miller.

15 Contracts right? I'll say we bring back Anthony as well. I would project the 15 as follows (with the remaining "bubble" candidates I think will lose out...):

PG: Jackson, Jennings, Dinwiddie.

SG: KCP, Hilliard, Meeks.

SF: Morris, Johnson, Bullock.

PF: Ilyasova, Tolliver, Miller.

C: Drummond, Baynes, Anthony.

I think Martin loses out to Bullock. And Thomas loses out to Miller.

Swap Meeks and Hilliard and this is how I see it too.

If drummond and kcp improve quite a bit we could be a 7 or 8 seed.

So it would be wise to waive Martin and eat the 1.2 million and give Hilliard a roster spot. Not like Martin will play anyway.

Right now I have them at an even 64 million in salary including Jackson's cap hold. It appears the cap may be like 67-69 million for the year. That leaves them space to sign Anthony and announce their extension with Reggie

Swap Meeks and Hilliard and this is how I see it too.

Oh, yeah. I didn't mean to actually put Hilliard in as 1st backup there, was just typing and threw his name in there.

I noticed it afterwards too but, was too lazy to make the switch.

However, that being said... I think it may be possible by the end of next season that Hilliard pushes himself ahead of Meeks. Only due to all around abilities, not necessarily as the better shooter than Meeks.

Hard to hate on the trade since they only gave up a 2020 2nd and this is the only way this team is going to acquire players since its obviously not a premier FA destination.

Morris' perimeter D is actually decent, which is what this team desperately needs and it prevents them from having to start SJ right away. Wouldnt be surprised if Granger and Bullock are bought out.

If Hilliard was in their top 25 draft board and they took him at 38, I imagine they intend on giving him a roster spot. Bullock seems to be intriguing so I would rather have him on the team than vets like Martin and Granger... Both of whom could be waived and we would only owe them 3.3 million combined and they would be off the books after this year