PuNk42AE

06/30/2015: Pittsburgh Pirates (Cole) at Detroit Tigers (Verlander) - 7:08 PM

Gose had to put the ball in play, he just absolutely had to....but he struck out. Couldn't see that coming.

it's just that kind of season for the Tigs. We are bouncing balls off the yellow line, the opponents are dropping theirs in the seats.

Fan touched it. It was right in the replay.

Shouldn't that have made it a hr? Or did they think that if the fan didn't interfere it wasn't going out?

Well, the top of the order is so terrible. It's unbelievable that you have these jokers batting in front of Cabrera

I already posted Gose pitiful .400ish OPS for June, and then you have Kinsler at .239 .300 .304

That doesn't matter. If the trajectory of the ball was a HR, it's a HR.

Sure, if you're playing baseball without rules.

EDIT: To clarify, on fan interference the ball is dead and the umpire will impose whatever penalty he believes will nullify the interference. In practce, umpires as a rule always call it a double. That's what should be expected when interference occurs.

Edited by chasfh

That doesn't matter. If the trajectory of the ball was a HR, it's a HR.

They determined the trajectory wasn't for sure a HR. I agree, it wasn't for sure. It likely was but it was inconclusive. The guy had his glove well over and past the yellow line when he interfered.

Sure, if you're playing baseball without rules.

Except, those are the rules. If it's fan interference, then why isn't he out?

They determined the trajectory wasn't for sure a HR. I agree, it wasn't for sure. It likely was but it was inconclusive. The guy had his glove well over and past the yellow line when he interfered.

I think there was about an 85% chance that was a HR.

The eggbert dropped the ball. His glove was over the fence - I doubt I would have done something so foolish to cost my team a HR. But if you are going to be so brash then catch the ball to make the umps have to prove it was not a homer.

His glove was at least a foot over the fence and the ball was traveling more horizontal distancewise then straight down so almost for sure a homer. His glove was also in front of the fence by about a foot so the ball had to be falling faster than it was going away from home plate. I think that is impossible at the end of a 360 foot drive but whatever. Lets get it back. This would have only tied the game so we need to keep coming or else the season is falling fast and we need to trade Price for prospects in July.

I personally would play Davis more, bat J.D 2nd and Kinsler 6

Davis definitely needs to be the starter regardless of RH/LH.

Avila drove in one of the runs tonight...I guess they are playing again.

The ball was clearly going to hit the railing.

Except, those are the rules. If it's fan interference, then why isn't he out?

On fan interference the ball is dead and the umpire will impose whatever penalty he believes will nullify the interference. In practice, umpires as a rule always call it a double. That's what should be expected when interference occurs.

And a Quality Start for JV.

if he gets three more outs clean I will grudgingly admit his outing was a success despite the reek of the early innings.

Davis definitely needs to be the starter regardless of RH/LH.

Be careful what you wish for.