Deleterious

2015 NBA Draft

Stanley Johnson will be a frustratingly effective player. He won't be Josh Smith frustrating but he won't be Jimmy Butler effective either. He is the type of player where you will cringe multiple times every game but ultimately will appreciate when you consider all the things he does on the court. He is Trevor Ariza, I think SVG sees Jimmy Butler, and that is not a terrible comp, but Stanley isn't as athletic. He seems like he should be a freak athlete when you look at him, but his vids say otherwise.

We drafted Trevor Ariza. That's good because Ariza is a winner, right? It's good right?

Johnson definitely isn't straight ahead explosive, nor is he a complete kangaroo attacking the rim. He looks pretty fluid laterally to me, which does nothing but help him defensively and can't hurt him handling the ball.

Stanley Johnson will be a frustratingly effective player. He won't be Josh Smith frustrating but he won't be Jimmy Butler effective either. He is the type of player where you will cringe multiple times every game but ultimately will appreciate when you consider all the things he does on the court. He is Trevor Ariza, I think SVG sees Jimmy Butler, and that is not a terrible comp, but Stanley isn't as athletic. He seems like he should be a freak athlete when you look at him, but his vids say otherwise.

We drafted Trevor Ariza. That's good because Ariza is a winner, right? It's good right?

One writer referred to him as a rich man's Draymond Green. I like that comparison better. Or Ron Artest with more athleticism and without the crazy.

One writer referred to him as a rich man's Draymond Green. I like that comparison better. Or Ron Artest with more athleticism and without the crazy.

The rich mans DG makes no sense.

People comparing Stanley to Artest and Draymond are just looking at his listed weight. He is not stocky like those two, he is actually lean for someone who weighs that much, which is incredible. His body is more like Lebron in his early years than the stocky guys. He looks and plays more like Ariza and Jimmy Butler. He doesn't have the big booty that Draymond and Ron have so he won't play like a guy who will try to uproot the opposition.

Stephen Jackson is another guy that I would compare him too stylistically. It's too bad he isn't more explosive at the tin or else I would be more excited about him.

People comparing Stanley to Artest and Draymond are just looking at his listed weight. He is not stocky like those two, he is actually lean for someone who weighs that much, which is incredible. His body is more like Lebron in his early years than the stocky guys. He looks and plays more like Ariza and Jimmy Butler. He doesn't have the big booty that Draymond and Ron have so he won't play like a guy who will try to uproot the opposition.

Stephen Jackson is another guy that I would compare him too stylistically. It's too bad he isn't more explosive at the tin or else I would be more excited about him.

He is pretty thick for a 19 year old so he may ending up getting Ron Artest size. If he played another sport, I might worry about him keeping his weight down.

I wonder if Gores will bring this thread up during the exit interview when dismissing Van Gundy?

35 minutes ago, Buddha said:

70!

My sole intention in digging thru this thread was finding something like that lol

And seeing my excitement about SJ :(

44 minutes ago, Buddha said:

70!

Is that the over/under on how many combined wins Bookers team will have after three years in the league?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Is that the over/under on how many combined wins Bookers team will have after three years in the league?

no.

this thread is pretty funny though.

cant shoot, cant finish at the rim, but he had a great attitude!  

3 hours ago, Buddha said:

cant shoot, cant finish at the rim, but he had a great attitude!  

This describes most of us.  

Well, 2 out of the 3 attributes listed describe most of us.

If I needed a guy to get technicals for having his shirt untucked when checking in and stepping on the line when guarding an inbound, I am not sure you could find a better guy.

43 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

If I needed a guy to get technicals for having his shirt untucked when checking in and stepping on the line when guarding an inbound, I am not sure you could find a better guy.

i blame draft express for not including that in his scouting report.

1 hour ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Is this what they consider an "intangible"?