PuNk42AE

06/10/2015: Chicago Cubs (Arrieta) at Detroit Tigers (Greene) - 7:08 PM

1d1234154604e2765a7bb77c2427be3e.jpg

From Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan, it is the...

CHICAGO CUBS

versus the

DETROIT TIGERS

ph_453562.jpg

Jake Arrieta 5-4, 3.04 ERA

Arrieta was brilliant last time out, tossing six innings of one-run ball in a win against the Nationals. He has 27 strikeouts compared to four walks over his last four starts.

ph_572888.jpg

Anibal Sanchez 4-5 5.40 ERA

Greene, who has been in danger of losing his rotation spot, faces the Cubs -- a right-handed-heavy lineup. He has not gotten out of the fifth inning in his past two starts, lasting 4 1/3 against the A's on Thursday.

BROADCAST:

pi-foxs-sports-detroit.jpg

7:00 PM

CHG2LJ-WgAEs2CJ.jpg:large

Game could be starting a bit late - there's a pre-game ceremony with a March around the outfield of angry villagers with pitchforks, and David Chadd's head on a pike.

Pitcher name is wrong under the photo fyi.

We need Greene to really step up tonight please!

Game could be starting a bit late - there's a pre-game ceremony with a March around the outfield of angry villagers with pitchforks, and David Chadd's head on a pike.

I heard they would hanging Chadd.

I'll show myself out.

I hope this becomes a tradition after every completed draft.

I heard they would hanging Chadd.

I'll show myself out.

Groan.....at least you know it was a poor pun. Made me smile though, good job.

Does anyone know of the Tiger rotation with Verlander coming back Saturday? The 2 days off in a week are a bit much. Too many pitchers will be getting too much rest. It's hard to stay sharp if you don't pitch for a week to 10 days.

Groan.....at least you know it was a poor pun. Made me smile though, good job.

Does anyone know of the Tiger rotation with Verlander coming back Saturday? The 2 days off in a week are a bit much. Too many pitchers will be getting too much rest. It's hard to stay sharp if you don't pitch for a week to 10 days.

They can pitch bullpen sessions, though.

Shane Greene has been getting his tits lit at an unprecedented clip lately. We might be looking to replace him in the rotation post ASB if this continues.

Joba Chamberlain is a bit scary as the set-up man so I am wondering if Rondon is able to return successfully in that role whether Joba might again be considered a possibility for the rotation?

Joba Chamberlain is a bit scary as the set-up man so I am wondering if Rondon is able to return successfully in that role whether Joba might again be considered a possibility for the rotation?

That is scary, very scary. I suppose if the Tigers can score 10 runs, he might keep it close for 2 or 3 innings.

I would rather see Kyle Ryan given a shot.

troll?

Wow that was fast. Greene is so bad. This should be his last chance to stay in the rotation.

If he sucks, keep Ryan in the rotation and dump Greene when Verlander comes back.

Cubs get a guy to 3rd with nobody out and can't score him. Positively Tigers-like.

Pretty familiar, but hopefully we've turned that corner.

Game day is showing a lot of these pitches in the middle. Is this inaccurate or does this guy have pretty good movement that's fooling us?