PuNk42AE

06/03/2015: Oakland Athletics (Gray) at Detroit Tigers (Sanchez) - 7:08 PM

Sanchez actually turned that into a not terrible start.

All you can ask of a guy who is pitching this poorly is not to enlist the bullpen in the 4th inning. He did fwiw.

Usually I don't lose faith this early in a season, but my, this is just not a good baseball team. I really do see us buried well back of both KC and Minnesota by the 4th of July. And frankly, Cleveland and Chicago aren't far behind. A lousy series against either one of those teams and we could be well out of it. If we are still in total free-fall buy July 4th, it's time for a new manager. And alot of different players, but definitely a new manager. I see no growth whatsoever from Ausmus. Same deer in the headlights look he had the day he was hired.

Stats from May for the Tigs(AL):

14th in ISO(.123)

12th in SLG(.356)

Worst HR/FB% in the AL

Good OBP and walk rate...teams that can't run usually can slug. This team cannot plus they are 12th in the AL in homers. 30 homers behind the top team in the league(Houston).

OK, but the Tigers can run so I'm not sure what running has to do with it. They make a lot of mistakes but they are fast.

This is embarrassing: 13-17 since May 1....

I've been thinking for a while that this may just be a 500 baseball team. But 500 may be looked at fondly pretty soon if they keep this up. This is beyond a slump. Slumps happen to every team. This team doesn't have a clue- anywhere in any facet of the game. Very disturbing.

OK, but the Tigers can run so I'm not sure what running has to do with it. They make a lot of mistakes but they are fast.

I conflated running with baserunning. They are a bad baserunning team.

Additionally, if they don't do anything in the bottom of the inning, it'll be the 8th game out of 54 w/o an extra base hit. The lack of home run power has already been noted.

6 game losing streak would be longest since losing 7 in a row in 2011. They followed up that streak by winning 10 of 11.

JD Martinez is .188 wrisp? And he's a core part of our offense. I don't see this team surpassing its 2003 run totals.

How many more would it take to boot Ausmus? 13 game losing streak?

We got 6.

Maybe its time for Ausmus to go off on an ump. Just blow up and make a complete *** of himself. Used to work for Weaver, etc