Waiting to see if rad or chemo will be suggested. Life is changing.

Really sorry to hear that man. Wishing you the best!!

I just saw this thread for the first time since I don't visit nearly as often.

Roger, you have always been my favorite person here. I hope things are improving and I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I've always found Roger to be a gentleman, whether posting or in person.

Strength, grace, courage, humor, and peace be yours, Roger. I'll keep you in my prayers.

We are sending all our love and prayers for you and Robie both !! Get lots of rest and fluids, and eat like a hog - that's an order. :-)

My many friends: I should be back online this evening. The future has not yet been laid out for me. Some major issues have been resolved. Cancer has been an issue. I may have more info later. Thanks so much. I have been limited to my android as staff, tubed and wires prevented use of a tablet. Thank you again for the encouragement. Later.

Today, a 25 lb. lighter Roger got to go home, after 40 days in the hospital. Congrats man.

11705176_10207248117312010_2693726149275756648_n.jpg?oh=f9d5f16ff040599d8fbe4df1519b0b90&oe=561DDEFA

Great to hear!

(Edit -- Tough way to drop 25 lbs, man!)

Edited by Netnerd

I had wonderful nurses and aides while there, but I certainly showed my butt with a few of the doctors. I think I had 13 of them and they work the hospital 7 on and 7 off, so delays in communication were commonplace. And my reason for going there is still unresolved and I am treating it myself. I did have two types of cancer and I have yet to know if I need chemo or rads. Still the issues they took care of were needed by me. I stated while there that every one within 2 miles of the hospital had seen me naked, something my wife could not claim in over 4 years. My initial problem caused quite the surprise and I had a steady stream of medical personnel dropping by to raise my gown. To explain the original issue in very basic terms, the lymph gland on my right groin swelled over a week, and over the weekend expanded itself and tissues from the scrotum to almost the knee by several hundred percent. Pain was associated even though all procedures did not require me to take pain meds.

Glad some major issues were resolved. Wish you the best.
I thank you Sir. By the way to all, many of the staff commented on my Brian Bluhm bracelet and remembering those who fell or left us............I was asked to remove it for several procedures. I understood the need to remove my metalliics but no reason to let go of Brian. He was with me every moment.

I was very happy to notice this morning the minor league update and who had done it. Glad you are back among us, hopefully posting regularly and weighing in on things.

Just received my final evaluation; no malignancy following removal of the basal cell carcinoma and no malignancy of the lungs following last biopsy.

Just received my final evaluation; no malignancy following removal of the basal cell carcinoma and no malignancy of the lungs following last biopsy.

Good news Roger. Glad you are on the road to recovery.

Outstanding news!

That's wonderful news!