Who has Lakeland's best hamburger? I like mine pretty spartan so these gourmet burgers don't appeal. I was recently surprised how good a burger at Denny's turned out. Usually we will go to 5 Guys but once in a while only a 1/4 pounder with cheese will do it.

If you venture more to the south side, you might check out S&L off of 98 and Combee. I haven't been there in a few years but the burgers are huge and will leave you stuffed. Way better quality than a Denny's or Five Guys. Its a hole in the wall type place and I'm not sure if they have evening hours. Will probably be pretty busy and they only take cash.

If you venture more to the south side, you might check out S&L off of 98 and Combee. I haven't been there in a few years but the burgers are huge and will leave you stuffed. Way better quality than a Denny's or Five Guys. Its a hole in the wall type place and I'm not sure if they have evening hours. Will probably be pretty busy and they only take cash.
Almost around the corner for me and I have heard good things about it.

I know it is not Lakeland, but when we are talking burgers I cannot help myself. There is a small bar in Dearborn called Echos. The wife and I go there sometimes before bowling for dinner and a beer. They now have my favorite burger in this area.

Redcoat

Mr Joes

Millers

etc etc

Are all over rated IMO. Echos burger is amazing. Oblong lives in that area. If you are reading this and have not tried it yet....do yourself a favor and stop in for a burger.

I know it is not Lakeland, but when we are talking burgers I cannot help myself. There is a small bar in Dearborn called Echos. The wife and I go there sometimes before bowling for dinner and a beer. They now have my favorite burger in this area.

Redcoat

Mr Joes

Millers

etc etc

Are all over rated IMO. Echos burger is amazing. Oblong lives in that area. If you are reading this and have not tried it yet....do yourself a favor and stop in for a burger.

I had my first burger there not long ago. it was ok. there is a place across the street...cant remember the name that I liked much better

I had my first burger there not long ago. it was ok. there is a place across the street...cant remember the name that I liked much better

You cannot be talking about Elmhurst...so probably Falls. Falls was alright, but I just had one from Echos Saturday and honestly one of the best burgers I have had. We have been there about 4-5 times strictly for the burger. I usually go for the patty melt.

yeah that's it. falls lounge. It was a really good burger.....but I was also a little into the bottle before hand too.

I stick with 5 Guys or Beef O'Brady's for burgers, really haven't expanded outside of those two.

Tried the American Cheeseburger at Gators' in Highland City. Greasy, sourdough bun was a turn off. Tasted like an undercooked "Bubba-Burger".

for a chain in my experience Smokey Bones has a good plain burger or cheese burger. Order it dressed as you want if you aren't into the predetermined specialty burgers. Best when it is cooked as their version of "well done," in my opinion.

Another place I really like for a good burger in Lakeland is Rib Crib (off of South Florida).