Mavs fans will be shocked and horrified if Carlisle is fired. I don’t put it past Cuban though. Word is Carlisle did not want anything to do with Rondo, and the FO pushed it on him. If that is the case, it could have caused a serious rift.

Doc being fired at this point would be surprising given the power/control he has in that organization. To fire your Coach & GM would be a massive shift in philosophy.

Not sure about “Horny”, but I don’t see how they could fault him for missing the playoffs out west given how young that team is.

What about McHale? He's been OK, but he didn't manage the Clipper series right and Morey sometimes likes to shake things up because he is hyper and prolly has OCD. Imagine someone obsessing over one topic or thing over and over and over.. ......Hawks suck.

Or Terry Stotts: Why? I don't know, seems to be doing good with an average Western Conference roster. He fits the I didn't see it coming part

Jason Kidd: Why? He's obviously a dick but he did a damn good job. He makes no secret he wants all the power in Milwaukee eventually. Maybe Milwaukee has seen something in the dick or power hungry category from him they deem overly dickish or power hungry

Quin Snyder: Why? He hasn't taken Missouri basketball where it wants to go and their recruiting is taking a hit it is obviously time to move on. Actually, someone once told me he was an NBA HC but I don't believe it. He makes Doug Collins son look like he is 60 and totally qualified to be a HC somewhere other than the Jordanian League where the honorable Maz Trakh once found glory. There is no way Quin Snyder is currently an NBA coach so I am not sure why he is on the list. I just wanted to bring back a Maz Trakh reference to remind us all that once he and Mo Cheeks once coached a Josh Smith led Piston team for 50 games. Never forget the past.

Dave Joerger: Why? Hollinger, that's why. He doesn't really fit the surprise part of Sheridan's tweet as he was allowed to interview in Minnesota last year. He probably doesn't like PER so he is totally replaceable. Knowing Sheridan he was probably talking about the Thibs "scoop" because he is awful.

Byron Scott: Why? His name is Byron which is the black "Brian" and that is off the charts on the white lame to black lame conversion chart. For real maybe some big name FA won't sign or accept a trade there until they get a new guy in. Who knows?

Coach Bud: Why? There is no reason whatsoever to do it so it would be totally shocking. I mean he looks like he COULD be a pedo in the Mark Tressell 'looks so much like one but obviously isn't' mold. That is literally the only reason I can think of to fire him, if something totally unforeseen is brewing.

Lionel Hollins: Why? Why not?

Frank Vogel: Why? Other than Bud no one has gotten more from less over the last 3 years than Vogel, and he is a personal fave of mine so it would be shocking to me if a guy I like got fired.

Dwayne Casey: Why? He's actually gotten results from a flawed roster, pretty good results actually all things considered, but they appear to have peaked and his rotations are tough to watch. Plus he is black and according to the arcane but still enforced NBA rules from the 60's, a black coach must be fired regardless of the job he did within 4 years time and never hired again except for a 50 game exception. (see Mo Cheeks exception p. 62 Ch. III in the updated NBA rulebook 2014 edition)

Edited by ScrubBeaterUpper

McHale isn't a shock though. I think quite a few expected him to be fired before their deep run.

I liked the Carlisle pick.

Techically Sheridan just said nobody sees it coming, that doesn't mean the person who thinks "nobody sees it coming" is aware that some people see a McHale firing in the works. I bet on McHale actually because who else would need "a couple days" to be fired if the decision was already made? Someone on the brink of elimination probably.

McHale isn't a shock though. I think quite a few expected him to be fired before their deep run.

Yah, my thoughts on Mchale too. Not sure how Casey still has a job.He's definitely no shock if he goes

Assuming they keep Gasol, dumping Joerger and hiring Thibs makes so much sense. That team is built for him.

Not that I think Joerger should be fired. But him and ownership don't seem to get along for whatever reason.

I would be surprised, only because the Rockets did better than they should have this year. With the injuries they had, they earned the 2nd seed and made it to the WCF. That is solid.

Yah, my thoughts on Mchale too. Not sure how Casey still has a job.He's definitely no shock if he goes

As far as Casey, sometimes the hard nosed motivator does better than the guy who does all the cliché next gen smart stuff that is all the rage. Casey has his issues, I thought he did a poor job picking through the riff raff on his bench and often played the slightly more deficient riff raff over the slightly less deficient riff raff.At the end of the day, is Toronto a great team talent wise? No way. I thought Toronto overachieved the last 3 years. Derozan is not s star, Lowery isn't either. As much as I want to blame him for not playing Jonas V more, most coaches are opting for smaller lineups in the clutch.

They are good players but all good teams have good players. Results wise, Casey did the job, but they have peaked, they need changes to the HC and the roster.

Thibs and Mark Jackson are showing everyone that regardless of the job you do, you still can't treat your bosses poorly and be a guy no one wants to be around. That is a universal rule. A lot of head scratching decisions that people can't figure out are because of this. We all probably would have fired Thibs and Mark Jackson if were their boss. I doubt the brass for the Warriors are upset looking at the radiant glow coming from Steve Kerr's aura everyday compared to the surly chubby face monster that walked through the doors the previous years

Assuming they keep Gasol, dumping Joerger and hiring Thibs makes so much sense. That team is built for him.

Not that I think Joerger should be fired. But him and ownership don't seem to get along for whatever reason.

Would definitely be interesting. Haven't heard the Joerger stuff.

Listening to The Starters podcast this morning.

They said three Bulls starters ripped Thibs in their exit interviews with management. They said they would avoid the Bulls practice facility this summer if Thibs was still around.

Listening to The Starters podcast this morning.

They said three Bulls starters ripped Thibs in their exit interviews with management. They said they would avoid the Bulls practice facility this summer if Thibs was still around.

Inmates running the asylum again. It's ashame, fivethirtyeight.com had an article up the other day showing the coaches who most exceed their preseason prediction and I think Thibs was like 2 or 3 on that list all time. I guess the Bulls are going to have to find a coach that finds away to avoid playing Lebron in the playoffs.

https://twitter.com/PeterVecsey1/status/604668248660045824

Thibodeau-Pelicans update: both parties r showing interest in each other, I'm now told. Not 2 say coaching job is his, but things hv changed

Shocked that Vecsey was wrong.

Now we just have to figure out if he was wrong saying Thibs isn't interested in NO. Or is he wrong now.

Seems like a nice fit for both. If Davis leaves, its likely after his second contract like Lebron and co.

Inmates running the asylum again. It's ashame, fivethirtyeight.com had an article up the other day showing the coaches who most exceed their preseason prediction and I think Thibs was like 2 or 3 on that list all time. I guess the Bulls are going to have to find a coach that finds away to avoid playing Lebron in the playoffs.

Great coach, but you can't have your players a).hating you and b). feeling like you are jeopardizing their careers. When you also don't get along with management, you're going to have to go. Hopefully he can improve in those areas in the next job. Chicago certainly has its own issues dealing with coaches.