drownwithyou

4/27/15 Playoff Series 1 Game 6 Lightning at Wings 7:00PM FS-D CNBC

Please Close It Out!

5548409822_a3308ef437.jpg

motownredwings.jpg

Presents the following thread:

drwtbyvs.png

The 3-2-0 Detroit Red Wings Look To End Things Against the 2-3-0 Tampa Bay Lightning

This game is a presentation of:

nhl_logo_3962.png

Game 6

Date: Monday April 27, 2015

Time: 7:00 PM

Teams: Tampa Bay Lightning (Second Seed) at Detroit Red Wings (Third Seed)

Television Broadcast Provided by:

FoxSportsDetroit.png

and

200px-CNBC_logo.svg.png

The reffing tonight should be interesting, grab some tissues Jon Cooper.

Doesn't look like there will be any lineup changes tonight.

Random Prospect Report: Axel Holmstrom is now 2nd all time in goals, first in points by a U20 in the SHL Playoffs.

Eddie Olczyk's schtick has caught on througout the league and while it's annoying, maybe it has done the Wings a favor. "Subtle interference" gets into the head of Cooper and others.

Incidentally, Tampa has had more powerplays per game, approximately 5, than any other team in this year's playoffs. Sucks for them that their PP% is 14th out of 16.

NHL.com - Stats

it's been awhile since the Wings closed out a 1st round playoff series at home. 1995 vs Dallas, if my bit of digging is correct. More commonly when the Wings have won a 1st round series it''s with home ice advantage and getting either a sweep or a 6-game series win with the clincher on the road. But not like they failed many attempts to clinch at home in the 1st round - I do recall the Wings laying an egg against Phoenix in 2010 but then winning Game 7 back in Phoenix.

Eddie Olczyk's schtick has caught on througout the league and while it's annoying, maybe it has done the Wings a favor. "Subtle interference" gets into the head of Cooper and others.

Incidentally, Tampa has had more powerplays per game, approximately 5, than any other team in this year's playoffs. Sucks for them that their PP% is 14th out of 16.

NHL.com - Stats

This was my thought. They are getting outplayed. They feel like they should be up right now and decided to use the ol jedi mind trick on the refs. I am not sure if anyone has even done a study on it, but I would imagine after a coach comes out and says something like this that it is only human nature for the refs to look a little closer at players for those calls the coach is complaining about. What would make my day is that if they got called more for interference and they were all legit calls.

Apparently more than a few of the player son the team feel the same way. 3-4 other players when asked about it said we were getting away with it because we are a 'veteran' team. I thought hockey players were above this nonsense.

As is with every year of my spoiled red wings fan existence, I usually get really pumped by the time the first series is on the brink of being closed out.

The Red Wings are my Yankees, and I'm ok with that. Go team, close it out TONIGHT and get on with the next stop.

NHL.com - Stats

And when I watched some of the closeout game Eddie covered for the Hawks he somehow failed to mention all the subtle, and not so subtle, interfering they were doing-uncalled by the refs. :dead:

Plus, two of TB's penalties have been weird Bishop penalties. I can't believe he's crying about this.

I chalk it up to anything to try to gain an advantage.

Crap, Wings needed to get out of the first 10 minutes scoreless and suck the life out of them. Tampa leads 1-0 3:47 in.

It's ok. Reassuring that only 1 person has been scoring for Tampa. We will win 3-1.

At least we'll score 3, I'm confident.

No worries.