Deleterious

2015 Pistons Off-Season

Glad to see Stan isn't sitting on his hands. I love seeing activity from the Pistons and the finals aren't even over yet.......

I can't wait until SVG announces the trade for some injured scrub named Durant. He will probably announce it around game 7 time, if the Finals go 7 games.

Honestly not trolling you Nas, but I wonder if this means Booker is SVG's guy?

I like this gambit quite a bit, especially if we can somehow dump Jennings for pretty much anything. Ersan has been hurt a ton the past few years, though, so this is probably a move that is parallel to snagging Anderson from NOP but we probably give up far less material in this trade.

In getting rid of Butler and Williams they will need to grab rotation SF in both the draft and in FA unless SVG will try to get some combined SF burn from KCP and Ersan.

Doubt it still. I'd be shocked if our pick isn't Winslow, Mario or maybe Johnson. Top 6 are Locked IMO(obvious 4 plus porzingis and wcs) an it comes down to Denver and our preference. Johnson is in the mix to me due to needing some size at sf

Guys come on. This trade doesn't change the draft one bit. Ersan is a backup, a 20-25 MPG type player.

Your draft strategy doesn't change based on adding a bench player.

Updated cap info. Top one is including all cap holds. Bottom is subtracting the ones I think are gone and represents the cap space they have or could have.

MXecXIo.png

z9oqoJG.png

So we took on how much extra salary for Ily? I'm sure Butler and Williams didn't add up to much.

Depends, because Butler had a team option they could have declined.

Roughly $3M if the Pistons were picking up the option.

Roughly $7M if they were declining the option.

Interesting. So SVG kind of did Butler a favor to pick up the option even though he found someone else to pay it? Maybe I'm not following or reading too much into it. I mean they could have picked up Butler for a lesser salary after Detroit didn't pick up option.

Interesting. So SVG kind of did Butler a favor to pick up the option even though he found someone else to pay it? Maybe I'm not following or reading too much into it. I mean they could have picked up Butler for a lesser salary after Detroit didn't pick up option.

His option has not been picked up yet. They have until the end of the month to pick it up.

Milwaukee wanted Butler because they are going to decline the option. This way they moved Ilyasova basically for no salary coming back to them, since they are dropping Butler.

Guys come on. This trade doesn't change the draft one bit. Ersan is a backup, a 20-25 MPG type player.

I agree, it shouldn't affect the draft at all. He only has a 1 or 2 year deal and the stretch 4s that we could be picking at #8 won't be ready for a year or two anyway.

His option has not been picked up yet. They have until the end of the month to pick it up.

Milwaukee wanted Butler because they are going to decline the option. This way they moved Ilyasova basically for no salary coming back to them, since they are dropping Butler.

Thank you, Sir.

I agree, it shouldn't affect the draft at all. He only has a 1 or 2 year deal and the stretch 4s that we could be picking at #8 won't be ready for a year or two anyway.

Which means if Winslow and Mario are gone by #8, I think Miles Turner comes into play...

If that happens, then Turner, Booker, Johnson are tops on our board, I think... anyone else?

It would mean WCS most likely didn't get drafted top 7... don't want him on the Pistons board... at least ahead of the guys I mentioned above...

Hey chicago! Have i got a deal for you...give us your all star shootin lg guard and you can have kcp! Hey, he might get better. Hello? Are you there?

Hey.. was just answering your question: Green or Butler...

Also... you know that's not how it works. It was the same when Grant Hill signed with Orlando: losing team is stuck with either nothing, or whatever scraps it can get in a sign-n-trade. We were lucky to get Orlando & Hill to agree to a SnT and to give us Big Ben and Atkins and other parts.

The same would be with Butler and the Bulls. If they're strapped with cap (I think they are), and Butler says "screw-you" Rose and Bulls and decides Detroit is where he wants to be (do we have a better chance than "Hell"?), he signs a max with us.

Then the Bulls have 3 choices: match the contract, let him go, or do a SnT with him and get whatever pieces they can from us. For cap purposes, they want cheap players in return, but with talent or potential talent. I'm just guessing here... But if they decide to NOT match a Detroit max offer to Butler, because of Rose and/ or Cap and/or whatever any other issues are; then they ask for KCP and Dinwiddie, to start with...

PS: Love the Ilyasova trade!!!

So... they waive Caron Butler and we sign him to a cheap(er) contract to provide Vet leadership to whoever we draft...?

I was calling for the Pistons to buy low on Ilyasova before last season. I think this is a great trade. We desperately needed a guy like this and whether he starts or not, he gives us a legitimately good rotation player.

With Ersan and Tolliver platooning at PF I think it makes less sense to draft one now, at least at 8. Ersan would be ideal to bring off the bench for a contenderish team, which the Pistons are not. He's got a lot of skills and he could see his scoring soar in SVG's offense. This has to mean wing in the lottery, or better yet trade down and add an asset SVG can use along with the later pick.

Which means if Winslow and Mario are gone by #8, I think Miles Turner comes into play...

If that happens, then Turner, Booker, Johnson are tops on our board, I think... anyone else?

It would mean WCS most likely didn't get drafted top 7... don't want him on the Pistons board... at least ahead of the guys I mentioned above...

I would think it certainly cements Turner over Kaminsky on the draft board, as there's less need for an immediate contributor at PF.

For that reason alone......great trade!

I'd feel a lot better about this trade if Arnie was still the S&C coach

It will be interesting to see how things go without him.

Hey.. was just answering your question: Green or Butler...

Also... you know that's not how it works. It was the same when Grant Hill signed with Orlando: losing team is stuck with either nothing, or whatever scraps it can get in a sign-n-trade. We were lucky to get Orlando & Hill to agree to a SnT and to give us Big Ben and Atkins and other parts.

The same would be with Butler and the Bulls. If they're strapped with cap (I think they are), and Butler says "screw-you" Rose and Bulls and decides Detroit is where he wants to be (do we have a better chance than "Hell"?), he signs a max with us.

Then the Bulls have 3 choices: match the contract, let him go, or do a SnT with him and get whatever pieces they can from us. For cap purposes, they want cheap players in return, but with talent or potential talent. I'm just guessing here... But if they decide to NOT match a Detroit max offer to Butler, because of Rose and/ or Cap and/or whatever any other issues are; then they ask for KCP and Dinwiddie, to start with...

Bulls will match any contract offer for Butler, guaranteed.

Think we have a slightly better chance at Green, but I would imagine both teams would match any max offer due to expected huge salary cap increase. Pay luxury tax for a year? Maybe.

Bulls will match any contract offer for Butler, guaranteed.

Probably.

Again, I was just going with your original question: Green or Butler?

Probably.

Again, I was just going with your original question: Green or Butler?

Honestly, what type of organization would mismanage the salary cap so badly that they lost a young, all-star just reaching his prime where he's one of the best players at his position in the league? Who, I ask you, who?

I don't disagree ftr

Honestly, what type of organization would mismanage the salary cap so badly that they lost a young, all-star just reaching his prime where he's one of the best players at his position in the league? Who, I ask you, who?

Allan Houston reference?