Deleterious

2015 Pistons Off-Season

a superstar is born.......

Alex Kennedy: Determined to bounce back after a rough year, Lance Stephenson is already back in the gym training daily at @ImpactBBall in Las Vegas. Twitter @AlexKennedyNBA - See more at: HoopsHype - NBA Rumors

The productivity levels of every impactbb employee in vegas just dropped theough the floor...

If you were detroit would you sign him to a max contract?

Do you think he takes detroit to a level where they can make the second round of the playoffs?

I really go back and forth on if I would sign him to a max deal. I think I would but I admit a lot of that is based on the cap going up the next two years. If Green was going to occupy 25%, 26%, and 27% of my cap the next 3-4 years, I probably would pass.

I think he improves their odds at making the 2nd round. But no way does he make them a lock.

They still need big improvements from Drummond, Jackson, and KCP. They need Dinwiddie to make a step forward to secure the backup PG spot on a full time basis and not get outplayed by a D-League guy some nights. They need SVG to either draft or sign a SF who can shoot a bit and defend a lot. They to improve their bench.

Green could come in and continue his stellar play. And if none of the things I listed happen, the Pistons are in trouble.

I do think Jackson-Green-Drummond as a core would have a lot of potential. Would they reach it? That I'm not sure of. KCP, whoever we take 8th and how we fill out our bench are definitely key.

Green would obviously help them because he's a better all around player than what they have now. In a weak east he might help them get to 500. Like del said, depends on drummond, jackson, kcp and #8.

I think svg is a good enough coach to be able to get that team to 500. But then where do they go? Can they get any better than that?

As some people have pointed out, its not like max players will fall all over themselves to come to detroit when detroit isnt winning. Were going to have to overpay a guy to come here. Kevin durant aint walkin through that door...

If you could take one, would you rather have jimmy butler or draymond green?

Green would obviously help them because he's a better all around player than what they have now. In a weak east he might help them get to 500. Like del said, depends on drummond, jackson, kcp and #8.

I think svg is a good enough coach to be able to get that team to 500. But then where do they go? Can they get any better than that?

As some people have pointed out, its not like max players will fall all over themselves to come to detroit when detroit isnt winning. Were going to have to overpay a guy to come here. Kevin durant aint walkin through that door...

Jimmy Butler

I don't mean to overhype the guys we have, but Drummond,Green and Jackson would all likely receive the max as UFAs. Jackson is the only one I'm not 100% sure on and even then, he'd get quite a bit of cash(turned down 4/48 already). So either the entire NBA is a bunch of morons or you have to believe a core of 3 market max guys can take you to the 2nd round and potentially beyond with the right supporting cast. I think its fair to think they can be as good as Horford-Milsap-Teague at the least. Can KCP be Carroll? Can we find a Korver or better at 8, or via trade/FA? Time will tell.

For a little reference, there was recently an article about how Stephen Curry had the league's 56th highest salary at 10.6 million. With the cap going up, you'd could probably argue any top 40 or 50 player in his prime is worth 15 mil or more going forward.

Jimmy Butler.

Offer him a max; and do a sign-n-trade, sending KCP to the Bulls for him...

Jimmy Butler.

Offer him a max; and do a sign-n-trade, sending KCP to the Bulls for him...

Hey chicago! Have i got a deal for you...give us your all star shootin lg guard and you can have kcp! Hey, he might get better. Hello? Are you there?

Hey chicago! Have i got a deal for you...give us your all star shootin lg guard and you can have kcp! Hey, he might get better. Hello? Are you there?

You forgot to tell them about his defense.

Only way it happens is if Reggie Rose says for it to happen.

Apparently derrick and jimmy arent the best of friends anymore, so maybe it will?

Then derrick can ride his stationary bike in the tunnel in the 4th quarter in peace, without having to worry about whether or not he will be able to sit in meetings comfortably when he's 40.

Rose is probably my least favorite player other than dellavadova.

Its funny that no one is talking about the pistons signing greg monroe.

Yah, its not 100% out of the question that it happens, but it just feels like its not the direction they are heading. It will be interesting to see what our upside is though if we decide to build around Drummond,Monroe and Jackson.

I'm not really interested in doing so unless it's for a sign and trade.

We just got Ilyasova for Butler and Shawne Williams. Straight salary dump for Milwaukee.

Love it for us. Exactly the kind of stretch 4 we needed. Could limit us in FA, but Ilyasova is probably a better fit and cheaper than most FA targets.

We just got Ilyasova for Butler and Shawne Williams. Straight salary dump for Milwaukee.

Love it for us. Exactly the kind of stretch 4 we needed. Could limit us in FA, but Ilyasova is probably a better fit and cheaper than most FA targets.

Love it as well.

1) Ily is a solid stretch 4. He has had a couple of semi-rough seasons, but he still shot 38% from 3 last season. And at 28, he is still well within his prime. He even had a game of 34 points this year.

2) Butler and Williams weren't going to do anything for us at SF. We are now without a single SF on the roster. Considering how bad we were at that position last year, I am glad we are starting over there.

I see a lot wanting him. I see very few thinking he wants Detroit.

I see a lot wanting him. I see very few thinking he wants Detroit.

I think the pistons dont want him either.

Glad to see Stan isn't sitting on his hands. I love seeing activity from the Pistons and the finals aren't even over yet.

I'm also glad I'll never see Williams hit the court in a Pistons uniform again.

This deal also tells me that Stan doesn't think Monroe's going to be here next year (whether it's our choice or his can be debated).

Honestly not trolling you Nas, but I wonder if this means Booker is SVG's guy?

I like this gambit quite a bit, especially if we can somehow dump Jennings for pretty much anything. Ersan has been hurt a ton the past few years, though, so this is probably a move that is parallel to snagging Anderson from NOP but we probably give up far less material in this trade.

In getting rid of Butler and Williams they will need to grab rotation SF in both the draft and in FA unless SVG will try to get some combined SF burn from KCP and Ersan.