Deleterious

2015 Pistons Off-Season

May 19th - Draft lottery selection show. Here is how it works. The Pistons chances of landing the 1/2/3 pick are 2.8%, 3.3%, and 3.9%.

June 25th - Draft

June 30th - Any options have to be picked up or declined by midnight tonight. Butler and Tolliver are the two to worry about here.

July 1 - July 10th - Rosters are frozen. You cant sign or trade anyone. I think you can sign draft picks. The salary cap is set at this time and it is expected to be $66.5M.

July 1 - You can start to negotiate with free agents.

July 10 - You can now sign free agents. You can now make trades again.

Middle of July - Summer League usually starts around now. I'm sure we will get more details as it gets closer.

Like I said, the cap is expected to be $66.5M but we wont have a final number until the first week in July.

Here is a post about the Pistons cap situation. I think it is sort of up to date.

Since it is constantly brought up, you can't get a bigger contract in a sign-and-trade. They removed that in 2011 when the new CBA kicked in. Players being signed-and-traded sign the exact contract a free agent would with a new team. You no longer get the 5th year and bigger raises.

Oh yeah, Andre Drummond is eligible for an extension this summer. Even if he signs it this year, it wont kick in until the summer of 2016. Which means his new contract will fall under the much bigger salary cap. Lucky guy.

The new cap for 2016 is expected to be between $88M and $92M. At $88M a max deal for Andre looks like this.

[table=width: 500, class: grid]

[tr]

[td]1[/td]

[td]2[/td]

[td]3[/td]

[td]4[/td]

[td]5[/td]

[td]Total[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]$22,000,000 [/td]

[td]$23,650,000[/td]

[td]$25,300,000 [/td]

[td]$26,950,000 [/td]

[td]$28,600,000 [/td]

[td]$126,500,000[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

ICarly ****ed up.

Can't wait for July 1st. I know there is the draft between then and now, but we'll be lucky to add one good piece in the draft and I expect at least 2 new pieces to the team in FA. Prolly not both starters but looking forward to the fun this summer.

Can't wait for July 1st. I know there is the draft between then and now, but we'll be lucky to add one good piece in the draft and I expect at least 2 new pieces to the team in FA. Prolly not both starters but looking forward to the fun this summer.

It will be interesting to see if SVG can work some magic to sign the right above average free agents.

He better get at least one way above average FA, imo. That's why signing Monroe is important. Use him in a trade to get a player or 2 to come here who might not want to.

Like you said, it will be interesting.

I'm not real excited about free agency. Anyone I want will not be coming here or is restricted and their team will match.

I don't think we get a big name. If I had to guess we get either Tobias Harris or Jeff Green.

No thanks on Afflalo. I'm rolling with our 2 guards for another year and upgrading the rest of the roster.

The fan in me is excited about free agency. The realist in me is not because most of my targets are either restricted or don't fit a need. Plus, I'm afraid Stan will just spend all of his money on Monroe and Jackson.

Maybe I'm crazy but I can't picture a scenario where Monroe is back.

I think there is a better chance than most think. I still think its better than 50% he is gone though.

I think there is a better chance than most think. I still think its better than 50% he is gone though.

Yah, I've considered him gone for so long now, but you might well be right.

I'd be really surprised if Moose comes back, particularly if a play-off team comes calling

I'd be really surprised if Moose comes back, particularly if a play-off team comes calling

New Orleans. That's home for him.

Hopefully we can deal him to someone desperate enough to take him before he shows how much of his quicks he's lost from surgery.

For a young 3 & D PF who hasn't been able to get playing time...

All NBA Teams were announced. No Pistons made the cut. 12 of the 15 players are from the West. Wow. Only Lebron (1st Team), Pau (2nd Team), and Kyrie (3rd Team) from the East. Most questionable name on the list is DeAndre Jordan making the All NBA 3rd Team in my opinion.

I think NY is much more likely, especially now that they won't be getting Towns or Okafor.

I think NY is much more likely, especially now that they won't be getting Towns or Okafor.

Monroe in the triangle would be a pretty good fit.

I would still be doing anything I could to hitch my wagon to AD though.

https://twitter.com/Keith_Langlois/status/606081482327613440

Saving most of this for tomorrow, but SVG thrilled with work young #Pistons putting in. Drummond, Jackson, KCP, Dinwiddie, Miller, et al
Drummond's lost about 15 pounds, Miller's gained 15 to 20. SVG on @qmillertime: "He looks great."

The Pistons have 15 candidates for MVP next year.

Glad to hear Drummond has shed some weight. Near the end of the season he was starting to put on some pounds and labor up and down the court after a few minutes of play. Someone needs to get Ben Wallace back in here just to be his personal strength and conditioning coach. Could you imagine his ability to dominate inside if he worked to get himself a body like Ben or Dwight? All it would take is effort and dedication.

Glad to hear Drummond has shed some weight. Near the end of the season he was starting to put on some pounds and labor up and down the court after a few minutes of play. Someone needs to get Ben Wallace back in here just to be his personal strength and conditioning coach. Could you imagine his ability to dominate inside if he worked to get himself a body like Ben or Dwight? All it would take is effort and dedication.

I can't see him getting to Ben's level but possibly Dwight. I wonder if his back is an issue with weight training, just a guess.

Hasnt that always been the rap on drummond? He doesnt have the drive or dedication to be great?

I would like to see a little fire from drummond and less of the "aw shucks" teddy bear persona he gives off. I am beginning to doubt we ever will see it.