Deleterious

2015 Pistons Off-Season

I would throw the max at Middleton.

Yeah, the Bucks are already going $70M on him and wont let him walk over another $10M. But **** it, we don't have anyone to spend the money on, make a division rival spend a little more.

Would be a smart move, can't see us going after any other RFA at this point . . . although there has been no news from GSW as of yet, which is a little surprising.

Assuming Harris is probably not happening, it looks like we're moving on down the board of FAs.

Afflalo, Brewer, Deng and Jered Dudley all have player options. Thoughts?

I would take any of them at the right price.

I thought deng already opted in?

Another not ideal situation.

Target a PF and have Ilyasova play SF.

We'd have to employ one heck of a zone, and have one heck of a weakside shotblocker at PF, to make that work. Josh smith? LOL

Anyone think that Landry Fields has a bounce-back in him? Dude hasn't played many minutes of late, smart player, can shoot and defend a little. Worth a look as a fallback-fallback?

Thoughts on Speights as a target to pair with Drummond?

Another not ideal situation.

Target a PF and have Ilyasova play SF.

His perimeter mobility is barely good enough to play defense at the PF. Would be a disaster at SF. I'd rather use a platoon of Johnson, Martin, some KCP, and maybe another bottom of the barrell free agent.

Wonder if SVG will reach out to Pierce or Wesley Matthews.

Anyone think that Landry Fields has a bounce-back in him? Dude hasn't played many minutes of late, smart player, can shoot and defend a little. Worth a look as a fallback-fallback?

Thoughts on Speights as a target to pair with Drummond?

Speights would be interesting. But we would never get him away from Golden State in a trade.

His perimeter mobility is barely good enough to play defense at the PF. Would be a disaster at SF. I'd rather use a platoon of Johnson, Martin, some KCP, and maybe another bottom of the barrell free agent.

Like I said, not ideal.

No way Pierce is coming here. And Matthews is wanting $15M coming off of an Achilles injury? No thanks.

Can't remember where I saw this, but some insider said KCP playing any real time at SF would be a bad idea because he's not stout enough and doesn't make up for it in length--kinda makes sense.

Matthews is coming off Achilles surgery so I'm not sure how excited I would be about him going forward.

A few of the NBA people I follow on Twitter also do NHL stuff. Very confusing when they tweet NHL stuff in my NBA feed.

Matthews, if he recovers fully, could be the best one of them all.

Matthews could very well be an outlier, but history is not on his side. Dan Dickau thinks he can do it, so he has that gong for him.

ESPN showing the player NYK have under contract. Unless Phil has LBJ on the way into town, he's gonna need more than that triangle offense.

With Jack and Squat left on the UFA board, next step has to be a full-court press on Harris/ORL.

I really hope it doesn't come to that, dude just destroys ball movement.