Sydney_Fife

Game 72: Pistons @ Magic

Jackson with another stellar game.

If he continues to play like he has the last 5 games or so, his contract after this season could become a bargain.

Anthony can really control the paint when he gets rolling, this is the guy I remember in Miami. Will SVG make him part of the plan?

Jackson with another TD tonight, really looks good paired with Drummond--lob city Detroit style off that P&R. Got to the line like Harden tonight, a good look for him and great for us.

The way Meeks shoots in Orlando we should offer him for Fournier and Nicholson and see what happens.

Remember when everyone thought Aaron Gordon was going to be a good player? Still waiting for that one to pan out.

Payton can play, but seems like Oladipo should be more effective.

Prince turned back the clock a decade tonight, was fun to see what the team could look like with production out of the 3.

KCP needs to lock himself in the gym and do nothing but make his shooting stroke/footwork repeatable.

Ugg, the annual move down the draft run at the end of the year.

We're due to move up in the draft during lottery selection night one of these years, right?

Just imagining Jackson/Drummond pick and roll with KCP and 2 other shooters is pretty fun. Could be a playoff team next year with the proper moves.

I was not watching consistently but thought Jackson played like absolute dog **** for stretches.

I hope he is not the only person to be our PG of the future.

Bringing back Prince would not be the biggest mistake we could make this offseason. Especially since he seems to be ok with coming off the bench.

Yeah Harris looked like Josh Smith lol

If they sign a small forward, draft one and bring back either Butler or Prince on a 1 year deal it wouldn't be bad

I was not watching consistently but thought Jackson played like absolute dog **** for stretches.

I hope he is not the sole person to be our PG of the future.

The Pistons are 5-1 without Monroe, and over those games Jackson has hit double-digit assists in five games and had nine in the sixth. The half-dozen games includes two TDs, another game he missed a TD by one REB and there is also a 20-20 game in there.

Without Monroe, Jackson is averaging over 20 PTS, is 7-19 from 3pt land, is going to the FT line much (25 times over the last three games) more, is averaging 12 dimes per game and is turning the ball over less than three times per game for an ideal A:TO of 4:1.

At this rate we'll be lucky to get him without a max deal, unless Monroe comes back for the final several games and becomes his kryptonite once more--would be a master move to keep cost down by SVG.

Edited by mickeyb105

Monroe doesn't fit. The floor was not and will not be spaced with Jackson/Moose/Drummond. It would be foolish to offer a huge contract to him

Monroe doesn't fit. The floor was not and will not be spaced with Jackson/Moose/Drummond. It would be foolish to offer a huge contract to him

Sorry I wasn't specific in my post, but was speaking of Monroe coming back for the final few games and I amended my post to show that.

I don't think Monroe was ever coming back and he certainly is not now.

Sorry I wasn't specific in my post, but was speaking of Monroe coming back for the final few games and I amended my post to show that.

I don't think Monroe was ever coming back and he certainly is not now.

I wish there was some way SVG could get some sign trade deal done with Monroe after this season.

I hope he is not the only person to be our PG of the future.

That is just how Jackson is, very inconsistent. I mean even in the few games he has played well, he has a 3-17 performance against one of the worst teams in the league and was out played by Ish Smith.

That is who Jackson is.

The Pistons are 5-1 without Monroe, and over those games Jackson has hit double-digit assists in five games and had nine in the sixth. The half-dozen games includes two TDs, another game he missed a TD by one REB and there is also a 20-20 game in there.

Without Monroe, Jackson is averaging over 20 PTS, is 7-19 from 3pt land, is going to the FT line much (25 times over the last three games) more, is averaging 12 dimes per game and is turning the ball over less than three times per game for an ideal A:TO of 4:1.

At this rate we'll be lucky to get him without a max deal, unless Monroe comes back for the final several games and becomes his kryptonite once more--would be a master move to keep cost down by SVG.

LOL

Just imagining Jackson/Drummond pick and roll with KCP and 2 other shooters is pretty fun. Could be a playoff team next year with the proper moves.

Well, if Jennings doesn't go down they probably make it this year. They are now at 23-21 since 5-23 start, pretty much a .500 team even with the injury to their lead player and big trade.

If the Pistons can somehow land an impact SF, I think they will probably move up to 4/5 to be a Washington/Toronto type of team next year, with potential to rise over the years. Van Gundy has really turned the team's fortunes around.