Sign in to follow this  
Sydney_Fife

Game 70: Pistons @ Celtics

Great defense by Jackson. I think he has a lot of untapped defensive potential

I think he is already very good. Defense is the one thing you will never hear me question with Jackson. In the few games I have seen him in a Piston uniform, he works his tail off on that end of the court.

Yeah I'm with Del. No on Kaminsky. Don't really see him as a starting 4

I like Kaminsky better than I did McGary coming out of college and McGary to me looks like a future starting four. I think Kaminsky will get there as well. Don't know that I want to take him as high as we end up drafting though.

I am trying to think of what makes Greg Monroe a more talented player than Kaminsky and am having a hard time doing it.

Something is weird with Monroe missing these games. Is there already a deal in place for him? Seems odd for him to miss this many games on a knee issue from practice. Maybe I'm being conspiratorial. Is conspiratorial a word?

Nice that we win without him.

Reggie makes some dumb mistakes imo. Really dumb mistakes as a PG. Hope I'm wrong though, which is likely.

I doubt there is any conspiracy going on. But I also doubt Greg minds sitting out. No sense getting hurt in a few meaningless games right before free agency.

I doubt there is any conspiracy going on. But I also doubt Greg minds sitting out. No sense getting hurt in a few meaningless games right before free agency.

Pretty much this.

SVG has his cake and eats it too by Monroe being "injured". The team is expected to be worse without its best offensive player, so pressure to win is off. At the same time, he gets to see what the remainder of his projected core looks like without Monroe and he can further determine which personnel he wants in a Detroit uniform next year (including who he should draft).

I want them to lose. The higher the pick the better for thr franchise.

I was in that boat too but honestly, it doesn't make much of a difference at this point since they seem locked in to 6-8 so I'm fine with them winning some games here and there.

I really want to see the Jackson deal pay off. That happening is much more vital to the franchise than picking 6th or 8th in the draft so I'm hoping for him to play well and start meshing with his teammates down the stretch.

The number 1 objective this offseason besides signing the key free agents is getting a small forward who can shoot and defend. That position is absolutely killing them, has been all year. They might be the weakest team in the NBA at small forward and have actually downgraded from Jerekbo and Singler somehow.

Pretty much this.

SVG has his cake and eats it too by Monroe being "injured". The team is expected to be worse without its best offensive player, so pressure to win is off. At the same time, he gets to see what the remainder of his projected core looks like without Monroe and he can further determine which personnel he wants in a Detroit uniform next year (including who he should draft).

Yeah - I think it just adds support to the interpretation that Monroe is gone.

Pretty much this.

Yeah, I'm probably way off. I was thinking that there might even be a sign and trade in the works that obviously can't be made now. SVG would be fine with Moose out because of it.

Mayo wrote that the Pistons most likely will NOT get something back for him iirc. He suggested that he either stays or goes, but we won't get anything back. iirc.

Yeah, I'm probably way off. I was thinking that there might even be a sign and trade in the works that obviously can't be made now. SVG would be fine with Moose out because of it.

Mayo wrote that the Pistons most likely will NOT get something back for him iirc. He suggested that he either stays or goes, but we won't get anything back. iirc.

I agree with Mayo.

About the only way they get anything back is if Monroe is dead set on signing with a team that has no cap space.

If that team wants him and he wants to go there, a sign-and-trade is about the only option then.

Jackson: Solid game by Jackson. Let's see if he can string some more of these together and mesh with the team by year end. It helps that Monroe is out, as others have said. It allows Stan to see the team makeup without a guy who's probably out the door this off-season. In my opinion it has also helped Reggie's floor game since the spacing is better and he needs to get into the paint with room to find an open guy spotting up. As others have said, I don't see him as an All-Star in the making. More of a George Hill type with a little less D and a little more O. That's fine as long as we have complementary players and we don't pay him like we expect the next Westbrook out of him.

KCP: KCP is by far the best defender on this team. Everyone gets beat from time to time but he is the most consistent guy at staying in front and just making good defensive plays. Stan even remarked about this very fact in his post-game talk last night.

SF: Really curios to see Stan's plan for the Small Forward this off-season. Does he try to make a splash and think he can convince one of the bigger names to come here (Draymond or Butler) or does he play it safe and go for someone under the radar?

What about the 4 spot if Monroe does leave? There are some stretch 4 options out there. Tolliver will likely be the backup.

Don't forget what happens when Monroe leaves. Not only are you looking for a new starting PF. You are also looking for a new backup C.

Any chance they sign and trade Monroe plus Jennings for Joe Johnson?

Why would Monroe want to play in NJ?

And I like Anthony. But I'm not sure he is a 15-20 MPG guy and that is what Greg gives them at C most nights.

Maybe move Jennings to Denver for Hickson? Gives us a backup center and saves some $ by moving BJ.

Jennings due 8.3 while Hickson 5.6 on expiring deals

Maybe move Jennings to Denver for Hickson? Gives us a backup center and saves some $ by moving BJ.

Jennings due 8.3 while Hickson 5.6 on expiring deals

I think SVG needs to move Jennings' expiring for some sort of value, and Hickson would be a quality pickup for us. I think there are a few guys out there we could snag like that that could--at minimum--be important bridge players for Detroit in 2016.

Monroe is going home to new orleans.

Should have dealt him when you had the chance. Just like smith.