Deleterious

Game 59: Pistons @ Bulle...Wizards

He doesn't know the play's yet, give it time, I said the Pistons needed to tread water for the first 10 games with him.

Glad we can evaluate him for the rest of the season before contract time. Hope SVG doesn't jus sign him cuz he traded for him.

Last night's game seems to have taken it's toll on Monroe in particular.

He's leading the team in points and rebounds.

He doesn't know the play's yet, give it time, I said the Pistons needed to tread water for the first 10 games with him.

Exactly. Let's check out some of the other starting PG who have swapped teams:

--Dragic hasn't put together two decent games since being traded to Miami, and he has Wade to lean on. We don't have another facilitator like that in the starting lineup.

--Thomas has played great since being traded to Boston, even leading them to a win vs his old Suns squad. Easy to see why SVG was in the mix for him in the offseason. Of note, Thomas has a second facilitator to lean on in in Turner--who has averaged over 8 AST per contest in the four games he's played with Thomas.

--Rondo, one of the league's best facilitators, has struggled mightily since being traded to Dallas. He's barely at a 2:1 ATO ratio, which is awful for him.

--MCW's minutes have been limited in MIL, so the jury is out.

--Knight has been playing a lot of shooting guard in PHX, where Bledsoe is now "THE" point guard. He's played okay, neither great nor bad, but again it's not his show.

Stacking Jackson's play up with these other point guards since their respective trades, it has been at least average. He needs the rest of the year to be properly evaluated for sure. What we may find out through all of this is that Dinwiddie could be a really great backcourt partner for Jackson, with Pope sliding over to SF for part of the time. Still too early to tell, though.

Jackson is clearly a drop off in ability to run a team. Not saying he can't grow into it, but at this point, I'm not sure about SVGs move to trade DJ away for him.

I stand by this. When we finally made a push, it wasn't Jackson on the floor tonight.

We need to 'tread water for 10 games'. So we will evaluate him the last ten of the season...rough numbers. Ok, so just disregard my posts if/when I do it before those last ten.

FTR I think he'll be ok, but not convinced yet.

Edited by yeahbuddy

Drew Gooden abusing Tolliver was my favorite moment of the night.

Dinwidde was very impressive and showed a lot of poise for a rook. When he had Nene on him at the end he took his time to set up the clear out and got right to the hoop. A lot of rookies with minimal playing time would rush that and get a bad shot.

Drew Gooden abusing Tolliver was my favorite moment of the night.

Dinwidde was very impressive and showed a lot of poise for a rook. When he had Nene on him at the end he took his time to set up the clear out and got right to the hoop. A lot of rookies with minimal playing time would rush that and get a bad shot.

Dinwiddie calmed the whole team down, they were getting rolled badly until he came in in both halves.

Monroe might not be a max but he's damn close. And if we have to go there to keep him, we should.

Signing Monroe to the Max will ensure mediocrity for years to come. Monroe is simply too slow and plays the same position as Drummond.

Signing Monroe to the Max will ensure mediocrity for years to come. Monroe is simply too slow and plays the same position as Drummond.

16 and 10 ensures mediocrity for years?

Too slow for what?