Sign in to follow this  
mickeyb105

2015 Waiver Wire and 10-Day post-deadline thread

As we all know, there are some areas of opportunity on the Detroit roster. There are a few decent pedigrees out there, will we gamble on one?

One example: Thomas Robinson probably doesn't do anything SVG needs, but he was waived this evening. Any way he has a role on this team?

After following his career a little bit at Kansas, I have to say I am shocked Thomas Robinson does not have a job. Maybe there are some work ethic issues there I don't know about.

I liked the addition of Quincy Miller. Hoping to see him get some minutes and a second deal. As far as other guys, I think Shawne Williams would be a great fit. Shoots the three and has good size at SF. Thomas Robinson is good, but I don't see a role that he would be happy with here. He'd probably be a great fit with Miami.

Beasley is back from China and has been working out at the Miami facilities.

All the talent in the world but no clue of how to put it all tighter, Beasley should be a beast.

As long as they are fighting for a playoff spot, none of these guys will get any substantial time.

I would love to see what Miller could do. But I don't see SVG giving him minutes over Butler and Prince.

As long as they are fighting for a playoff spot, none of these guys will get any substantial time.

I would love to see what Miller could do. But I don't see SVG giving him minutes over Butler and Prince.

I can't find the quote, but I believe SVG said that Miller will be a PF here primarily. So he's definitely not getting minutes over Monroe or Tolliver. Would probably take frontcourt foul trouble or a blowout for us to see him, unfortunately.

I can't find the quote, but I believe SVG said that Miller will be a PF here primarily. So he's definitely not getting minutes over Monroe or Tolliver. Would probably take frontcourt foul trouble or a blowout for us to see him, unfortunately.

I didn't know that. Interesting. I just assumed he was a SF.

I didn't know that. Interesting. I just assumed he was a SF.

I was hoping they would play him there too, and was a little disappointed when I saw that. I think the Kings' D-League affiliate (Reno) was playing him at PF. Looks like he was blocking over 3 shots per game. Either way, I hope he gets signed through the year on one of those deals that's non-guaranteed for a 2nd year. I'm not a scout or anything, but he just seems like a guy who's too talented not to be a fixture on an NBA roster at some point.

Edited by Kevin6CD

Woj says that the 76ers are going to claim Thomas Robinson off of waivers, which would block him from signing the deal he had planned with the Nets. Good break for the Pistons in the playoff race if true.

Miller would be a good stash for us next year. We will likely have a lot of money tied up in our rotation players so having a guy like that with youth and upside on a minimum deal is a plus.

Pistons claimed SF Shawne Williams off of waivers. Love the pickup. Will be the best SF on the roster when he gets here, in my opinion.

SVG says he's a stretch 4. Expiring deal after the year.

Saw that after I posted. Too bad. I think he'd be an upgrade on Caron, and probably Tayshaun.

Saw that after I posted. Too bad. I think he'd be an upgrade on Caron, and probably Tayshaun.

Seems like he could come in and deliver outside shooting. If paired with Tolliver, we could really hurt teams from deep with that threat.

But, I think SVG is really a fan of using Butler & Tayshuan to bring "stability" to the team. They are vets and he definitely puts a lot of trust in Butler. We might see Williams at some point, maybe in small doses.

I can't see Prince returning next season seeing how butthurt he was about not getting to play for his hometown Clipps. He would play in LA for peanuts to have a shot at another title, it appears. I can see SVG cutting Butler and the re-signing him for less money unless Durant really misses him that much and wants him back.