Sign in to follow this  
Deleterious

Jackson doesn't necessarily end Brandon Jennings' Pistons tenure

In the NBA, I think it can be argued that you are better off paying a 12 million dollar player 16 million than you are not having that player at all.

Edited by Nastradamus

Instead of throwing all that cash at Green we could get Middleton back from Milwaukee. He's restricted. Doubt they match with Greek Freak and Parker. He will be 24 on Opening Night next year and can shoot the 3.

People that don't watch games and just try to use stats and box scores to judge Green wont like him.

Parsons and Hayward received max deals last year and neither one of them is a #1 or #2 guy on a title team. That is the nature of the beast when it comes to restricted free agency. Most of the time you are not paying the player fair market value. You are paying him so his team wont match.

Agreed. Well said.

Green is a "seen him" good player. You don't really know how good he is until you see him play and all the good little plays he makes on the court. Also, things like leadership and court savvy don't show up on a stat sheet.

He's not worth max money per se but that's what it will take to get a player like him here and to make it even tougher for GS to match.

I've kind of cooled on the Green idea now that I've had time to think about it because I just don't think it's feasible to keep Monroe, Jackson and add Green. Maybe they can add him when/if he becomes unrestricted or trade for him if GS can't afford him down the road.

I wouldn't be adverse to bringing in somebody like Barnes or Middleton as has been mentioned. The Pistons need to add something at SF next season.

Draymond is an alpha personality on the Warriors, that doesn't happen if is he isn't vital. My favorite Draymond moment is when he verbally abused Chris Paul for like 30 seconds saying Steph was better than him and Paul was on the decline.

He's the not crazy Lance Stephenson that everybody wanted Lance Stephenson to be but instead Lance Stephenson turned out to be Lance Stephenson.