Sign in to follow this  
Sydney_Fife

Halfway through the season....

16-25. Obviously a much different team without Smith. 5-23 with. 11-2 without.

41 games remain. 25-16 gets them to .500 and basically an assured playoff spot. That's roughly .600 ball but I think it's within the realm of possibility.

Thoughts on the first half?

Jennings looked a lot better to me. Yeah he's streaky but he looked a lot better than last season. His defense isn't very good but I saw more effort. I think SVG reached him and the Smith release was the writing on the wall. Augustin is also very streaky, as sometimes he looks really good at times but others he's way out of control.

KCP is a solid defender with a limited offensive game but he really hustles on both ends of the floor. Meeks is a nice complement to him.

Singler and Butler are not good at small forward but at least they can space the floor a lot bit and shoot it better than Smith. This position must be addressed this summer but for now it's better than Smith.

Monroe is solid but still has trouble finishing at the rim. His game is limited with no jumper and some defensive issues, but I think he's a guy we should make every effort to bring back. Jonas and Tolliver are both decent and it'll be interesting to see which one SVG pursues this summer. I doubt they will both return.

Drummond. We've seen lapses but we need to remember he's only 21 years old. His post-up game isn't that great but he's a force on the boards and can protect the rim. I really like Joel Anthony as a bench guy. I hope he's back next year.

SVG? I like him a lot. You can see a direction with this team and it's refreshing.

11-2 without Smith is hilarious to me. I mean.. We struggled for the 5 wins we had with him. We easily could've lost some if not all of them honestly. And our offense was terrible. I recall a stretch where we didn't even hit 100 points.

Night and day since we've cut him. Totally different team. It just stinks we need to pull another 11-2 stretch to get back to .500

It took 11-2 to even get me to pay attention. My goal now is to see the Pistons on my TV out here on the West Coast. I hope we're important enough eventually.

It took 11-2 to even get me to pay attention. My goal now is to see the Pistons on my TV out here on the West Coast. I hope we're important enough eventually.

They are on ESPN Monday at 11:30AM your time.

Jennings with a 28 PER since Smith left

Interesting individual game logs for that time. You can just look at his stats for the game and easily identify anytime he plays a good PG. Points drop, FG% takes a nose dive. Lowry might be the one exception, but he isn't much on defense.