Stormin' Norman

2015 Offseason

Sure looks like we are the deepest at RB than we have been in a long while. Doubt he makes the squad but I really like Zenner(sp?). IMO, he'd be a great 4th quarter guy if we have the lead and just want to run the ball.

Staffie looked good. Thought we were soft at DT early on. Missed Suh imo. We did better later but that's when the Jets had their seconds in.

Honestly, I thought Zenner looked slow and very average, considering how late in the game he was playing. I was far more impressed with Riddick playing hard in the first quarter against starters. I was more impressed with Winn's running last preseason than Zenner's on Thursday. This may be a not-so-popular opinion.

Honestly, I thought Zenner looked slow and very average, considering how late in the game he was playing. I was far more impressed with Riddick playing hard in the first quarter against starters. I was more impressed with Winn's running last preseason than Zenner's on Thursday. This may be a not-so-popular opinion.

Ah, good point.

And AA, JB, TR will be, or should be fine. I won't forget that 1 handed catch by Riddick in Falcons game in England. We needed that more than ever right then and he delivered a great catch on a not so great throw. According to Aikman anyway.

We have the 15th hardest schedule this year. We had the 16th hardest schedule last year.

This **** gets overstated every year..........

Yeah it gets way overblown every year, because Lion fans are extremely negative (not saying I really blame them).

This **** gets overstated every year..........

Gee maybe you’re overstating this JUST a little?

We traded Brindza for TE Tim Wright. Not sure why

With SD using their Tight Ends in a meaningful way, maybe they thought they needed another body? Either that or they are less high on Joseph Fauria than we think.

Edited by Fool Inc.

Wright has shown some production in the NFL in the past, so getting that type of player for a kicker you're obviously going to cut is nice, but he does feel redundant on the roster right now. I'm not sure what his contract is like, but I know Fauria is in the last year of his deal and that's who he would appear to battle in my opinion.

Whoever Tim Wright is, it's a good trade. We just signed Prater to a 3 year deal, and weren't gonna keep Brindza. Might as well get something for him. Nothing against Brindza, if he'd been here at this time last year we might have had a 1st round bye, but given the way things shook out we were gonna cut him, so this is something for nothing. Good trade.

Wright is a converted receiver, now a TE.

Fauria's job is in danger. Wright would back up Ebron, and get some play too as he's demonstrated in the past he can catch the ball (54 catches on 76 targets, 570 yards 5 TD's his rookie year w/ Tampa; 6 TD's with NE last year...). I'm not certain why he keeps getting released/traded though, by Tampa twice, Patriots once... He may have personality issues/ conflicts with his teams?

Here's where he may impact the roster in other ways however: (a) I don't think Fauria was doing anything on ST's; I believe Wright does ST's work, and (b) I think this puts TJ Jones roster spot in jeopardy as Wright can also play out of the slot. That allows us to keep 5 RB's I think (AA, Bell, Theo, ZZ and Winn) which is something the team may be contemplating...

I still want us to keep only 2 QB's this year...

I hope they can find a taker for Fauria. Get another draft pick or something.

I don't think Fauria will make the final 53-man roster at this point. I'm guessing the current coaching doesn't think as highly of him as the prior coaching regime...

I hope they can find a taker for Fauria. Get another draft pick or something.

I don't think Fauria will make the final 53-man roster at this point. I'm guessing the current coaching doesn't think as highly of him as the prior coaching regime...

Him missing so much time hasn't helped, but I get the feeling that the Lions don't really believe his story about how he hurt his ankle and Jim doesn't seem like a coach who appreciates being lied to at all.

He hasn't seemed do do much this offseason. If we can snag a pick for him, I'll take it. If not, we got a probable upgrade for a backup K.

BTW, we seem to be getting healthy at the right time. Bell.Ngata,Ansah,Van Noy and Ebron back, joining Waddle and Jones. Levy the only one still out really, but I get the feeling he'll be fine for week 1. Hope so at least.