Sign in to follow this  
mickeyb105

DJ Augustin, scrub or late bloomer?

Those two Nets teams went into those finals with no chance to win the East was just so bad then...worse then it is now in some ways.

I remember the Sixers trading for Mutombo half way through the year, but I don't remember what their record was with him. If it was really good(like we were in 04 when we got Sheed) than they were probably better than what their final record indicated. Really on paper I think the 07 Cavs team maybe the worse, sure they had Lebron but the rest of the team was absolute garbage.

I remember the Sixers trading for Mutombo half way through the year, but I don't remember what their record was with him. If it was really good(like we were in 04 when we got Sheed) than they were probably better than what their final record indicated. Really on paper I think the 07 Cavs team maybe the worse, sure they had Lebron but the rest of the team was absolute garbage.

Agree to disagree there.

--LBJ>AI, push with an argument

--Hughes=McKie, offense vs defense

--Illgausgus<Deke, offense vs defense again and close

--Gooden=Hill, young underachiever vs old overachiever

--Snow, Pavlovic, Gibson, Jones, Varajao >Snow, Lynch, Jones, Maxwell

This is a tough one to measure out which team is actually worse. The Cavs had a couple of very good three-point shooters for LBJ to draw/kick with (as well as Z to knock down some PR jumpers with), but AI had Deke to cover for him both on the offensive glass and when he gambled on defense. Hughes is a guy who should have been so much better, and McKie was a guy who wasn't supposed to be as useful. Pit them against each other and I call it a draw. I'll take the Cavs in seven if we're playing a series.