Shinma

1/4/15. Wildcard Round. Lions at Cowboys. 4:40pm, Fox.

If the Lions had been awarded the 1st down, they would have had a field goal attempt blocked a couple of minutes later and returned for a TD, then Ross would have fumbled the ensuing kickoff. So it was no biggie.

If things had continued like a typical SOL loss, you are probably right. That disaster or we get a field goal since the offense wasn't doing much in the 2nd half, and then Dallas drives down on the final drive for a TD to win by 1. That would be a typical way to lose. So frustrating.

Those that don't believe the screw job was orchestrated is feeding right into the hands of the NFL. They have you convinced they won't fix games, when in actuality they can do it on national TV and have people think it's fine.

Listening to the Caldwell Presser. He danced all around calling the penalty the reason they lost. All around it. At least, that's my interpretation.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ADJUST YOUR MONITOR… YOU ARE BEING ASSIMILATED… DO NOT RESIST…

That can only mean one thing Firehawk: Caldwell is in on it too!

RESUME ACTIVITIES… ALL IS RETURNING TO NORMAL…

The Illuminati orchestrated the JFK assassination, then sat around Dallas for a little over 41 years waiting for an opportunity to strike again.

I think it is also fair to criticize some elements of the Lions play as well, FWIW.

People do that these days?

The Illuminati orchestrated the JFK assassination, then sat around Dallas for a little over 41 years waiting for an opportunity to strike again.

I bet it wasn't intentional. The lights in the stadium were so bright they couldn't tell the difference between the Cowboys & Lions on the field.

Dez Bryant confirmed member of Illuminati:

1104-dez-bryant-instagram-2.jpg

I bet it wasn't intentional. The lights in the stadium were so bright they couldn't tell the difference between the Cowboys & Lions on the field.

Then how do you explain the guy in the stands holding an umbrella for no apparent reason just before the play unfolded.

Then how do you explain the guy in the stands holding an umbrella for no apparent reason just before the play unfolded.

I saw the same guy standing by a grassy knoll before the game.

We definitely tend to wonder more and more about conspiracies as we get older. For those of you in your low 20s or in your teens, pay attention to the way money moves around in big corporations and in the government. You will start believing that things are rigged. I have lightly teased TP fan in the past but I have never really jumped down his throat about it because I follow the stock markets very closely and I also understand the way banks work, and there's not a doubt in my mind that when there is big money, there is manipulation.

The NFL is an enormous, PRIVATE organization. It is not traded on the stock market, therefore they can hide their books a lot easier. Not a question in my mind that behind the scenes there's all kind of dirty stuff going on. I'm not so sure it's a plot to attack the Lions specifically, but maybe it was a plot to get rid of any team playing Dallas so that they could get Dallas to the next round. I don't know. The problem with this conspiracy is that it's damn near impossible to prove, and you'll always have a lot of fans that say those who believe this are just whining and how could there be a massive conspiracy without it leaking? There's a lot of circumstantial evidence but it can be explained away always, even if the explanation is absurd. Very hard to trap someone involved in something like this.

Well, it's perfectly set up. First, just like Congress, if you try to speak out, the rest of the 'club' throws you out. Herman Cain, perfect example. Wanted to change the tax code when he was running for president to a simple tax structure. What happens next? Out of nowhere some woman we never heard of accuses him of sexual harrassment. All it took was an allegation, and he lost favor with his party and he was thrown out of the race. That's it. That's all it takes. He wanted to make a change that none of the bankers and business who run this country wanted, and look what happened to him?

Ever notice that the main candidates get 80% of the questions and are center stage during the debate? The less likely a candidate will win, the further out they are on the side of the stage. I'm telling you, everything in this world that has big money around it is manipulated to some degree.

Somehow it's legal for COMPUTERS to trade stocks based on formulas. These computers never lose money. How is this not against the law? BECAUSE, it makes banks and other big business a ton of money. Guys...there is some truth to manipulation. I could go on and on. But the older I get, the more I realize just how amazingly well set up the system is and now the masses don't see that they are being herded around like cattle and nobody's doing anything about it.

Nobody ever wonder why you aren't taught anything about interest rates, the velocity of money, investing, in high school or hell, even college for that matter? How is there not a class on personal finance in school? In math class the closest we ever got to talking about interest rates was some arithmetic story problem like "you borrow 50,000 over 10 years with a 5% compound interest rate, calculate the total interest paid. That's it. That's the closest ever. No learning about how investing is the way to financial freedom. No learning about how even earning 1-200k a year at some job working for another person is making your debtors and that person wealthy while you struggle all your life in hopes of having enough for retirement. No learning about the way banks work and the way money should be used. It's truly amazing guys. Now I know why old men sit on a porch in their 80s and complain about the government.

Look at the way the media redirects attention from one event to the next. When was the last time we heard anything about the IRS scandal last year? I haven't heard anything about that scandal in months! Yet, somehow the IRS doesn't keep records beyond 6 months and expects people to save 3 years worth of tax records? Somehow every important computer hard drive crashed and was destroyed that implicated the IRS...yeah right.

Back to sports, I think the Red Wings have been jobbed a few times in the playoffs, but it's even harder in the NHL to prove it than in the NFL. But you'll always have people explain it all away that officiating is a tough job and they 'just missed it'. MOst times that's probably the case, but there are rare times like this one where it just doesn't jive.

It's intersting that the Vegas line was Dallas winning by 6 or 7. Lions lost by 4...lol

I enjoyed the stock market stuff, but I don't quite get the bold. I hadn't looked at the spread, and we all know there is a gazillion bucks bet on these games, and the reputations surrounding gambling (some), but if someone wanted to rig this game, wouldn't you really want to hit the spread (the 6 or 7) which causes a push?

FTR, not a Lions fan necessarily (Tigers, so I kind of root for the Lions) so I am neutral and I think you guys got hosed big time.

Calvin, Tate, Bell, Ebron, Riddick, Bush and we throw to THAT guy. That was my biggest issue. He has not been asked nor has made a good play in probably 3 seasons...at least. The flag sucked but throwing to him was just as bad as the flag itself.

Calvin, Tate, Bell, Ebron, Riddick, Bush and we throw to THAT guy. That was my biggest issue. He has not been asked nor has made a good play in probably 3 seasons...at least. The flag sucked but throwing to him was just as bad as the flag itself.

I heard someone talking about this play and stated that they believed that Stafford could see the separation, and that the defender was not looking/in an awkward situation, so he threw it knowing that pass interference was likely going to be the call. Idk if it is true, but I thought it was an interesting assessment of the play.

I heard someone talking about this play and stated that they believed that Stafford could see the separation, and that the defender was not looking/in an awkward situation, so he threw it knowing that pass interference was likely going to be the call. Idk if it is true, but I thought it was an interesting assessment of the play.

I thought the same thing when it happened. He threw the ball into back if the defender and basically make the receiver have to go through the defender. That's a penalty in any other game. He would have needed to elevate it to give the receiver a chance.

Throwing to Pettigrew had no bearing on the outcome of the play, though.

The defense would never expect it!

I thought the same thing when it happened. He threw the ball into back if the defender and basically make the receiver have to go through the defender. That's a penalty in any other game. He would have needed to elevate it to give the receiver a chance.

I wouldn't say impossible, but that's such a risk.

The defense would never expect it!

They would if Cutler was our QB.

Don't call me a shock jock.

I am saying quit yer cryin'. That call sucked, it was a huge mistake. The Lions got screwed. But they gave up a 76 yard TD at the end of the first half. They only scored 3 points in the second half. They blew their shot. They were up 14 and they let up. They should have buried them. They had the Cowboys absolutely scrambling. They blew too many chances. 10 yard punt. Are you kidding me? The call hurt, but it's not why they lost. That call should never have been a factor because they should have been blowing out the Cowboys, but they let up and they blew it. It's like blaming Bartman for the Cubs choking. The Cubs choked all on their own and so did the Lions yesterday.

I am saying quit yer cryin'. That call sucked, it was a huge mistake. The Lions got screwed. But they gave up a 76 yard TD at the end of the first half. They only scored 3 points in the second half. They blew their shot. They were up 14 and they let up. They should have buried them. They had the Cowboys absolutely scrambling. They blew too many chances. 10 yard punt. Are you kidding me? The call hurt, but it's not why they lost. That call should never have been a factor because they should have been blowing out the Cowboys, but they let up and they blew it. It's like blaming Bartman for the Cubs choking. The Cubs choked all on their own and so did the Lions yesterday.

Momentum is everything in sports, especially in football. Especially when a b.s. call gives a home team hope and gets the crowd into it. What happened was wrong on so many levels. Don't act like it was a routine play or something that happens every game. It was something I've never witnessed during a football game. And despite what you say, many people agree it cost them the game. Telling people to suck It up and quit crying is just being ignorant.

I wasn't remotely impartial while watching the game, and haven't watched it again (yet), but this felt like one of the best games I've seen the Lions play in a long time. Having watched the games on Saturday, I felt like we not only looked like we belonged in the playoffs this year, but that we looked like we were good enough to beat anyone with how we played. We weren't perfect, and blew chances, and yadda yadda -- so did everyone else. But in terms of talent, coaching and execution, I thought we were as good as anyone. Unfortunately, Dallas showed up too, and they played extremely well. I was crushed that we didn't win, but within 15 minutes I was excited to see what we would look like next year. I've been a Stafford slappy since his first season, and I felt like he lived up to my expectations in that game. We need better blocking for him, and I suspect we'll get it for next season. We need more depth at CB, and I think we'll get it next season. We need to try to hold on to Suh, and I have no idea whether we will or not. But I loved the playcalling on both sides of the ball almost throughout the game, and strongly hope that this game will set a tone for the developing chemistry/relationship between Lombardi and Stafford, and that we will be an offensive force next year.

Hard game to watch, but a great game, and we were dominant at times in it. We never looked overmatched against the hottest team in the league in their building in the playoffs. I do not buy SOL for this year's team, and feel hopeful that next year's team will be better still.

I was not a fan of the Caldwell hire, but he had them ready for this game, and I think we can build on this.

Random thoughts. My head still isn't able to wrap around all of that game/season.

I would argue it was the Lions best game of the year. They jump out to a 14 point lead, looking great on both sides of the ball. They immediately answer a late TD right before the half with a FG of their own. Defense makes a big stand after the tipped interception. A few minutes left in the 3rd and despite the anticipated pushback by the Cowboys the Lions had given back a grand total of 1 point of their 14-point lead. Big plays by Suh held Dallas to a FG to preserve the lead, 20-17. Pinned deep on the kickoff, the offense picked up a couple of first downs and ate up some clock while driving past midfield. Up until the 3rd and 1, this had been a very good road playoff performance. Even after that call and the shank, I expected the Lions to hold Dallas to a FG at worst (and were 1 down away from doing so on a few occasions). Even after the Dallas TD, i liked our chances with Stafford and 2 1/2 minutes to go. And did get it to midfield for 4th and short, so a conversion on 4th down would have left 45 yards to go and a minute to do so - I STiLlL would have liked our chances. So the difference was that Dallas converted their 4th and 6 on their final drive while the Lions were stopped on their 4th and 3 on their final drive. That's a fine line. Nothing about that screams Same Old Lions or collapse to me.

How many games in the NFL playoffs are blowouts? There are not many. The Cowboys were a 12-4 team. They were not going to rollover and play dead. There was a great chance that they would come back and they did. I don't think the Lions let up. It was the Cowboys playing better in the second half compared to the first half.

The penalty probably gives the Lions at least a field goal and a kick off where the Cowboys would have had a longer field to drive the ball for a TD. So let's say the penalty was called and the Lions go up by 6 and then the Cowboys score and go up by 1. The Lions would have only needed a field goal to win and Prater can kick long field goals indoors. The call and then the non calls were huge.