Shinma

1/4/15. Wildcard Round. Lions at Cowboys. 4:40pm, Fox.

Yeah Dan freaking orlosky is your qb. Qb do not grow on trees. Stafford is best lions QB since mid 90s scott michell and before that 50s bobby Lange.

No, Orlovsky is not my QB. There are an infinite number of options, both in the league and in the draft, that you would pursue before him. I personally could care less what Stafford's stats are during the regular season. Scott Mitchell had some good stats, but he was a loser too. Stafford has been in the league long enough that if he was going to make it happen, he would have by now. He'll never have a stronger defense than this year, and he had plenty of offensive options with a decent o line. At some point, sane people need to conclude you won't win with him and move on. But sane people do not own and run the lions, so I don't suspect anything will change.

No, Orlovsky is not my QB. There are an infinite number of options, both in the league and in the draft, that you would pursue before him. I personally could care less what Stafford's stats are during the regular season. Scott Mitchell had some good stats, but he was a loser too. Stafford has been in the league long enough that if he was going to make it happen, he would have by now. He'll never have a stronger defense than this year, and he had plenty of offensive options with a decent o line. At some point, sane people need to conclude you won't win with him and move on. But sane people do not own and run the lions, so I don't suspect anything will change.

How many Super Bowls did Dan Marino win?

I don't think Matt Stafford is an elite QB, but if you think the team around him is pretty good, the absolute last thing they should be doing is dumping him for an unproven (and probably bad) rookie or some journeyman slug. That's what you do when it's time to burn it down and rebuild.

At the worst Stafford is a decent enough QB that can win 11 games in the regular season. And he's still only 26 years old.

My fault, thought you started the trade thread.

But anyone who blames this loss on him has no clue.

i started the thread.. Did you not read it? I said there might be only QBs I would trade stafford for and I love the fact we have him. Even after today.

Peyton Manning was 0-3 in the playoffs at age 26. Drew Brees was 0-1.

They played a good game, people need to stop with the SOL crap.

That call changed the entire complexion of the 4th quarter and oh yeah, there were at least 2 OBVIOUS holding calls on the Cowboys in the red zone on the final drive most notably on Ansah on 4th down so the refs played a big part in this. I never complain about the refs but this was absurd today. This is a tough one to swallow.

SOL doesn't necessarily mean the lions played great or horrible, good or bad. At least, I take it as them finding a new way to lose, or blowing games they are up big in. In this case, a penalty that has never been called exactly like that, was taken away. I'd say that's a new way to lose.

But, the Lions did have a chance to stop Dallas on the next drive, and a chance to drive down the field and win. Stafford didn't get it done, taking a sack and fumble when you can't do that with the game on the line.

I thought Stafford played very well until the last drive. I thought the defense was lights out for the first half. The offense as a whole played well. They surprised me up until it all went south.

The Lions comitted some horrible turnovers, penalties that were warranted, so it's not like this was solely on the refs, its' just, man, they had it all going for them until that BS call/non-call. Hard to swallow.

Lions aren't getting a starting qb better then stafford in the draft. Hoyer or any other free agent isn't better. No one available via trade is better.

Are you kidding? Stafford played a great game and put the Lions in a position to win. I just don't get some people. Maybe I need to step away from the board for a while.

Nah, the Lions didn't take advantage of several opportunities to build a bigger lead early, long before the blown call. It's not simplistic. It's what actually happened. That call pissed me off, but not as much as the Lions not being able to score a TD after the 1st quarter.

Nah, the Lions didn't take advantage of several opportunities to build a bigger lead early, long before the blown call. It's not simplistic. It's what actually happened. That call pissed me off, but not as much as the Lions not being able to score a TD after the 1st quarter.

True, but shouldn't have mattered if call wasn't blown.

How many Super Bowls did Dan Marino win?

I don't think Matt Stafford is an elite QB, but if you think the team around him is pretty good, the absolute last thing they should be doing is dumping him for an unproven (and probably bad) rookie or some journeyman slug. That's what you do when it's time to burn it down and rebuild.

At the worst Stafford is a decent enough QB that can win 11 games in the regular season. And he's still only 26 years old.

Dan didn't win any. But he was widely considered an elite QB every year, and eventually, a hall of fame QB. Stafford isn't a top 5 qb in any given year (certainly not this year) and frankly, he struggles to be considered a top 10 QB. Ask anyone who the top five QBs in the league are and his name will never appear. Perhaps he gets into the top 10, but it's darn close. The fact of the matter is the guy can't win one playoff game against a very marginal opponent, let alone make any kind of real noise in the post season.

There really isn't any point belaboring this game, because they would have been shredded like lettuce against Seattle for sure. No way in heck a lion team (or many others) beat them in Seattle.

Suh was an emotional mess at the podium.

I really really hope he comes back. If you don't want him back, I think you're crazy.

I agree with you...

Dallas after that non-call and take back momentum by force, or Stafford driving his team down the field for a game winning TD instead of getting sacked/fumbling the ball. I think we had 1 time out there, so he should have either just ate it or thrown it away. He had a little time, wasn't like he had no time on that play.

Dan didn't win any. But he was widely considered an elite QB every year, and eventually, a hall of fame QB. Stafford isn't a top 5 qb in any given year (certainly not this year) and frankly, he struggles to be considered a top 10 QB. Ask anyone who the top five QBs in the league are and his name will never appear. Perhaps he gets into the top 10, but it's darn close. The fact of the matter is the guy can't win one playoff game against a very marginal opponent, let alone make any kind of real noise in the post season.

There really isn't any point belaboring this game, because they would have been shredded like lettuce against Seattle for sure. No way in heck a lion team (or many others) beat them in Seattle.

Because 2 playoff games are enough to consider him a playoff hack?

Why is Suh sniffling so much in the post-game?

Ha, great question for him: "Do you feel this game got stolen from you with the picked up flag?"

This pretty much how I feel. We had opportunities on the D side to stop them too, but did not. It was a BAD second half of ball for us.

I need to get over that defensive call on the TD Dallas scored. That's still sticking with me.

We can't control the refs. We can only control O and D, STs. We could've still won the game.

Suh was an emotional mess at the podium.

I really really hope he comes back. If you don't want him back, I think you're crazy.

I didn't see it. Was he crying?

Difficult loss. In spite of our record, a difficult season.

Anyone blaming Stafford for this season's woes obviously doesn't understand football, but the offense does need some work. A lot will be on Lombardi next year, and we are going to need to add some depth to the offensive line - but there is plenty to build on. I'd like to see us get aggressive at running back, would love to have Todd Gurley on this team.

If we sign Suh, we will be a championship team next year. If we can't, we have a major kog to replace.

Edited by Stormin' Norman