Gozer

Wild Card pre game

Surprised the thread hadn't been started. With Suh back in I think it makes sense.

Last two games versus Dallas...

Stafford 54-91 729yds and 3 tds. Calvin 22 for 425yds and 3 tds.

I think if Bell can go for 75 and hit the endzone(and hold onto the ball) and CJ/Staff can go off a bit I think we got a shot at this. I think on paper Dallas is better but "if" the offense can show up and Ebron get a big play(maybe Lombardi has been saving him to stratch the field). I like the us in this game.

If we get to 30 points, which I don't think we have done this year, we got this.

I think Dez can and will hurt us but allow him 100 and a td and consider that a win matchup. The biggest matchup is Levy/Ihedibo on Witten. Have to win on first down and have to get off the field on 3rd down. Fix whatever happened against Lacy but I think in the dome the run defense will be much better.

I heard that the Bears might be interested in Austin as well. I hope he doesn't get hired as a HC yet. I know if he continues to be a success with the Lions defense that he'll eventually get the HC shot, but I'd love to have some consistency from the Lions for a few years.

Re: The game:

IF the offense does a decent job, which they are capable of but don't always do... and if the defense does a better than average job, which they usually do... then I think they Lions have a legit chance of winning this game.

reply to #3 ^ And what is our defensive roster going to look like?

Pretty big holes to fill if Suh and Fairley leave. He might want to get out while the gettin's good.

edit...

But I agree. I would really like to see both back, if it works under the cap and have Austin back too.

I have a feeling it's going to be one hell of an entertaining game!

I was soooooo disappointed the way we played v GB though. I hope we at least show up this week.

Falcons have asked for permission to talk to Teryl Austin

Falcons want to talk to Teryl Austin, Todd Bowles | ProFootballTalk

If the Lions lose Teryl Austin and most of the FAs they have on defense, that will be a severe test of this organization's yet-unproven ability to adapt to adversity.

I'm already very doubtful that they will win a majority of their games in 2015 even with Austin and Suh and Fairly returned and healthy...if they are gone, wow. It could easily be a repeat of 2012/2013.

I'm actually interested in seeing if Austin can succeed without Suh and Fairley.

I think Austin will have a bigger impact on whatever team he's with, FWIW.

Top defenses have been a big problem for us obviously, but we've had a lot of success against defenses like Dallas'. Dallas is also better on the road this year, which may or may not be an anomaly.

There is also a possibility that their offense lights us up though. We have good CBs, but Dez can get his against them. I'm assuming they put Mathis on him with safety help, while hoping Slay can take away Williams. I think we can take Witten out of this game. Our run D should slow Murray, but GB showed that running on us isn't impossible.

So it would be a miracle if he played this Sunday, but he practiced today. Would that make him 50/50?

Could be huge if he plays, as long as he is somewhat healthy.

Hopefully the Lions will FINALLY win a big game on the road. No bigger opportunity at this point than right here. I think the Defense will play good enough to win like they have in nearly every game this year. I think it's all on how the offense performs.

Suh practiced. Still think earliest he is back is @ Seattle if Lions pull an upset.

Cowboys still favored by +7

It has been really cold here in Texas ( by Texas standards), a check of the Arrlington forecast shows a high of 41 on Sunday. I hope that means they will close the dome.

Suh practiced. Still think earliest he is back is @ Seattle if Lions pull an upset.

Cowboys still favored by +7

It has been really cold here in Texas ( by Texas standards), a check of the Arrlington forecast shows a high of 41 on Sunday. I hope that means they will close the dome.

Was Suh not expected to practice? Did you mean Fairley?

Top defenses have been a big problem for us obviously, but we've had a lot of success against defenses like Dallas'. Dallas is also better on the road this year, which may or may not be an anomaly.

There is also a possibility that their offense lights us up though. We have good CBs, but Dez can get his against them. I'm assuming they put Mathis on him with safety help, while hoping Slay can take away Williams. I think we can take Witten out of this game. Our run D should slow Murray, but GB showed that running on us isn't impossible.

Actually Witten is their toughest matchup. The Lions lbs are notoriously weak in pass coverage, even Levy is average at best, so I fully expect Witten to have a field day. The key is to not let Dez go nuts. I also expect Murray will put up his yards, the Dallas O-Line is too good to keep their running game under wraps the entire game.

In any event, the Cowboys are going to put up plenty of points I would imagine. This will be a game for the Lions offense to win or lose. If they don't break out of this ridiculous funk that they have been in seemingly all season then they lose this game. I think they will need to put up at least 28 points or so to win this one.

Actually Witten is their toughest matchup......

I agree and he is a 3rd down master. He somehow is always open on 3rd down and Romo finds him.

Actually Witten is their toughest matchup. The Lions lbs are notoriously weak in pass coverage, even Levy is average at best, so I fully expect Witten to have a field day. The key is to not let Dez go nuts. I also expect Murray will put up his yards, the Dallas O-Line is too good to keep their running game under wraps the entire game.

In any event, the Cowboys are going to put up plenty of points I would imagine. This will be a game for the Lions offense to win or lose. If they don't break out of this ridiculous funk that they have been in seemingly all season then they lose this game. I think they will need to put up at least 28 points or so to win this one.

Well if all of that happens, we are toast if last week is any indication of our offensive production.

I was really concerned that Fairley's weight was going to blow up with his injury. Pretty hard to keep weight off when you have a knee and can't do cardio, etc. but was reading that he is down to 290.

I think he was 320 when the Lions and Caldwell were beating on him about it. I read he is down to 290 now and feels great.

I think that was on Mlive.

Good news. Better chances of resigning him than Suh IMO.

They showed Fairley on the local news at practice and he looks great. Would love to hold him out for this week, save him for Seattle.

I think Austin will have a bigger impact on whatever team he's with, FWIW.

How can he? I don't think he's going anywhere, fwiw. He did a huge job here in one year.