thefunk

2015 Michigan Basketball BIG 10 GDTs

If UM finishes anywhere near .500 Beilein should get coach of the year. Incredible what injuries and the nba have done to this roster. Dakich playing significant minutes? How are they in any game?

Dakich and Lonergan (sp) in the backcourt together in the first half. Insane that they are able to stay in this game. Win or lose, he's had a perfect game plan.

holy moses. what a game!

A Max tip in ties the game, MSU comes up short with 19 seconds to do something. OT. Incredible.

Not exactly sure how this game went to OT, and how a 29% 1st half shooting performance translated to a 5-point lead at the half. Just a crazy game.

But kudos to you guys for keeping it tight through the 2nd half, and that 5 points in 90 seconds thing at the end. I thought the game was over at that point, and given MSU's record in OT this year, I was a bit nervous... Also, nice finds in MAAR and Irvin, they look like they're going to be special.

The rematch is gonna be fun.

Beilein can only do so much. The talent on this team right now is pretty sad. Is it too early to call Chatman a complete bust?

Beilein can only do so much. The talent on this team right now is pretty sad. Is it too early to call Chatman a complete bust?

It's just too much to overcome the absence of Caris and Walton. I think this is, in large part, Beilein kind of talent though....they are just too young. Doyle, Dawkins and MAAR are going to be solid contributors. Add a couple of young studs at PG and SG/SF in the next year or two and they will be fine.

Michigan was going to have to hope Irvin, LaVert, Walton turned into a big 3, and that the young depth would get better as the season went along. Those 3 guys started off great, but Walton got hurt and then LaVert got hurt and then Irvin lost his touch (plus he had nobody to create for him, which he needs). The ball-handlers are Spike and 3 true freshman and none of them are a Burke/Morris/Walton.

They could be good next year. MAAR and Dawkins look like really efficient players. Doyle and Donnal should form a good 5. Although it doesn't look like they have any recruits coming in at this point.

It'd be nice for the program if LaVert came back but he should go if he's a first rounder. And Beilein is going to push what's in the best interest of the kid, unlike some other coaches have their millions already and just want to win.

Remarkable first half. Michigan leads 39-23 at break.

Doyle landed on another player's foot toward the end of the half and left. Hopefully he can make it back.

Michigan is going to win. OSU made a big run in the second half as they came within 4. Great performance, especially by Spike.

Great game. Michigan starts the game with 3 guys not recruited by a major conference, 2 of whom are freshman and take it to Ohio State.

It's silly to say, but if they beat Maryland on the road and then beat the scrubs in the final two games, their resume won't be far behind a team like a texas (for example) who is on the bubble. And with a "deep" big ten as far as bubble teams go, if they can win a couple games in the BTT, I think their resume will resemble a lot of the teams on the bubble.

It likely wouldn't be enough, but it would be enough to keep them in an initial conversation. And when looked at closely relative to other bubble teams, they might get some credit for the tough schedule they have.

So, it's easy. Just win the next five games in a row and reach the big ten semis and put yourself in the conversation.

ha ha ha...

I was sort of hanging my hat on the prayer that "if you win your conf. tourney you make the dance", which I think is still true.

Evan Smotrycz is starting here against Michigan in Maryland. This would be a miracle victory.

The way michigan handled the end of reg and the end of the 1st OT was straight up embarrassing. Beilien is about as good as it gets. But last night he let one slip away.

This team can't even inbound the ball.

Big Ten Tournament today vs. Illinois. Very winnable. Very lose--able. Starts at 12 EST. Trying to find a way to watch online.