thefunk

2015 Michigan Basketball BIG 10 GDTs

Michigan at the line with 15 seconds left. Irvin misses the first, makes the second.

73-64.

Jump ball on PSU's end, Michigan ball. PSU gives up, MICHIGAN WINS.

Michigan wins! Hard fought victory. Team is young and has flaws but plays very hard.

That's the best part of Beilien teams, they will always give effort. Talent and size is down this year, but they don't get worked too often.

Little by little I see the improvements in this team. It still may be a down year (as compared to recent success) but they are going to be so much more solid with several guys who are likely to be in Ann Arbor 3-4 years. Doyle, Donnal, Chatman, etc. with a few top recruits sprinkled in will be a much better formula for a guy like Beilein.

Little by little I see the improvements in this team. It still may be a down year (as compared to recent success) but they are going to be so much more solid with several guys who are likely to be in Ann Arbor 3-4 years. Doyle, Donnal, Chatman, etc. with a few top recruits sprinkled in will be a much better formula for a guy like Beilein.

In fairness I think aside from McGary, no one thought the guys who left would be ones who left. No one saw Burke and Stauskas making the improvements they did as quickly as they did. I don't think Beilein's made mistakes recruiting, just the opposite.

Not sure where to put his so ...

Jaylen Brown, 6'7 SF from GA 2015 class, will visit UM Jan 24th weekend. Has family that went to UM and his family lived in MI for a while.

#1 recruit on Scout and #2 on Rivals.

In fairness I think aside from McGary, no one thought the guys who left would be ones who left. No one saw Burke and Stauskas making the improvements they did as quickly as they did. I don't think Beilein's made mistakes recruiting, just the opposite.

Agree. At the beginning, Stauskas came in exactly as the kind of limited tool guy you'd expect to be around for 4 yrs.

Gutsy win tonight vs. Northwestern. Next game is Tuesday at Rutgers, 6:30 EST.

Obviously it will be ridiculously difficult for this team to win the Big 10, but I think a nice Big Ten Tournament run and getting to the NCAA tourney will be a pretty good year. Hope for some magic to finish the year.

I completely agree. My comment is more about those who are critical/questioning recent recruiting.

Gutsy win tonight vs. Northwestern. Next game is Tuesday at Rutgers, 6:30 EST.

Obviously it will be ridiculously difficult for this team to win the Big 10, but I think a nice Big Ten Tournament run and getting to the NCAA tourney will be a pretty good year. Hope for some magic to finish the year.

I'm still working on getting drunk enough to think this team will do enough to make the tourney.

You must have started early.

I'm still working on getting drunk enough to think this team will do enough to make the tourney.

This team won't but I'm not betting against the Beilein curve either.

the implication with my first thought was that it was still up in the air, whether or not we'll make the tournament. It's very much up in the air.

****. I just told someone literally two hours ago that with the Wings, Pistons, Wolverines, and Arsenal all winning in <24 hrs, it was either karma for the Lions/Cowboys game, or some real bad news was coming.

Best thing that comes from this is someone not yet out of their shell busts out big time, ala Burke or Stauskas or McGary. We shall see. Personally, we're f-ed.

Best thing that comes from this is someone not yet out of their shell busts out big time, ala Burke or Stauskas or McGary. We shall see. Personally, we're f-ed.

It has to be Walton who I think has been the biggest disappointment this season (though injury may account for that). He really needs to take ownership of this team, even if it is about setting them up for next season.

Feel bad for Levert.

Beilein has lost so many players, but still playing respectable ball. Players lost to draft, etc.

If they could just manage a winning season at this point, it would be quite an accomplishment. Basically it's Zack, Derrick, and a bunch of guys right now.