thefunk

2015 Michigan Wolverines Football

And again this weekend. Frankly I'm amazed that 26 days in there have been no new commits.

Nothing was going to happen until the embargo period ended. I don't know if any of the three announced here were already counted in the commits M supposedly had before Harbaugh arrived, but if they were not that puts him at 9, with Mi only having 15 or 16 scholarships to give this season I believe. Well, add one back for Bosch.

Edited by Gehringer_2

Nothing was going to happen until the embargo period ended. I don't know if any of the three announced here were already counted in the commits M supposedly had before Harbaugh arrived, but if they were not that puts him at 9, with Mi only having 15 or 16 scholarships to give this season I believe. Well, add one back for Bosch.

I think the 3 weekend commits are all new names, post-Hoke. They have offers out to a few 5* star types that plan big announcements. I don't know that they will get them but they put themselves in the running. Wheatley's son's recruitment seems pretty quiet so I don't know if he's leaning any way. Weber (the Ohio commit) says he's unlikely to visit but many still seem to think he's a possible flip (long time Wolverine fan).

However it turns out in terms of rankings I think we can be sure the staff is adding the type of personalities that will make good program guys.

True - 6 from hoke that stayed and 3 from JH. 9 recruits, with a few more expected to drop tomorrow or early this week. Things so far are going well.

We still need some DBs and hopefully Clark. Looks like he visited SC. I never read that once. Thought he was going back to UCLA for another official and then decide. He really liked Harbaugh and obviously likes Michigan. He'd be a big get.

Iman Marshall and Lockett would be nice.

Glad JH got a QB. Like the read on Reuben Jones. Doesn't sound like a 3 star.

Lockett said today that he is staying committed to UCLA and is closing his recruitment. He visited 2 weeks ago.

Tough job for Harbaugh to come in late and put his stamp on the roster. But you know he'll coach em up. There's still some time left. Hope he can land Clark. Marshall would be a huge get. We shall see.

I can't wait for the season to begin, even if its a tough opener.

Colin Samuel to visit. A UCLA commit. I think he's a solid 4 star. The interesting thing is he goes to the same high school that Marshall attends. Marshall (ranked fourth overall) has been offered by Harbaugh.

This is interesting and could get really fun if we flip Samuel. He'd be the third flip.

High school teammates and teammates in college too? Good stuff.

Tying those last 2 posts together ... Lockett says he sticking with Bruins today, so Harbaugh visits and gets the other UCLA CB commit, Samuel to come visit. lol.

Harbaugh is working away.

I'd take either Iman or Samuel but both would be awesome sauce.

Lockett said today that he is staying committed to UCLA and is closing his recruitment. He visited 2 weeks ago.

Tough job for Harbaugh to come in late and put his stamp on the roster. But you know he'll coach em up. There's still some time left. Hope he can land Clark. Marshall would be a huge get. We shall see.

I can't wait for the season to begin, even if its a tough opener.

I don't have much confidence in Clark. I think he's committed and de-committed twice. He raved about Harbaugh but then said similar things about UCLA (where he hadn't yet visited). Somehow I see him landing out west.

Just once, iirc. Decomited after Hoke fired and Feriggno moved on.

UCLA is a really good university, so it will be close. But he has not mentioned SC much after his visit. It's between Michigan and UCLA.

He first committed to UNC then flipped to Michigan. I really have no idea but there is something about his various comments that make me think he isn't a Harbaugh fit. I'll be very happy to be wrong.

Did not know/remember the UNC commit. Must have been a while ago???? And honestly thought you meant he committed and decom to UofM twice. My bad

Not much good news tonight. Samuel cancels and the buzz is that Clark is headed to UCLA. A kid who gushes over coaches for being "so chill" would not probably connect with Harbaugh and staff. And I'm also reading that Wheatley, Jr. might be favoring USC.

Harbaugh is getting himself in a lot of living rooms on short notice. Imagine what he'll do with a full recruiting cycle. And he has some great recruiters on his staff

Agree. I think he's done a good job in a month. Getting kids to want to visit, but run up against coaches telling them if they visit new school, they will pull offer. Everyone does it. Pressure the kids not to visit once committed.

I still think there will be a surprise for Michigan. If not, he has been visiting 2016s too. He can coach up our current roster and ill be looking forward to next years recruiting.

Agree. I think he's done a good job in a month. Getting kids to want to visit, but run up against coaches telling them if they visit new school, they will pull offer. Everyone does it. Pressure the kids not to visit once committed.

I still think there will be a surprise for Michigan. If not, he has been visiting 2016s too. He can coach up our current roster and ill be looking forward to next years recruiting.

And then you hear this:

Daishon Neal sticks with Nebraska, upset at academic comments made by Michigan | MLive.com

Pretty much had the kid flipped and then Mattison makes an ill-timed comment. If I am the recruit I would have kicked Mattison out of my house as well. That's some Mickey Mouse **** by GM there.

You have no idea what was actually said.

I would venture to guess that if you are the type to "kick a guy out of the house" then you might have some other issues going on and probably take offense to a lot of things.

You have no idea what was actually said.

I would venture to guess that if you are the type to "kick a guy out of the house" then you might have some other issues going on and probably take offense to a lot of things.

Could look at it the other way as well. If you're not the type to kick someone out your house when the time calls you might get walked all over. Depends on how many people you have over at your house too, and the reason for having them over.

Even if Mattison inferred it, it's too much.

Could look at it the other way as well. If you're not the type to kick someone out your house when the time calls you might get walked all over. Depends on how many people you have over at your house too, and the reason for having them over.

Even if Mattison inferred it, it's too much.

I doubt mattison or any other recruiter in college sports walks all over anyone.

Again, you don't know what was said or the context.

I highly doubt he said "there is no way you would get into Michigan without playing football" or even something similar to that.

If the dad isn't smart enough to actually understand the reality that most people that apply to Michigan are rejected, it doesn't surprise me that he would be so unreasonable as to take offense to an express or implied statement about the educational opportunity that he wouldn't have without their offer.

Making the announcement on a Nebraska radio station I wouldn't expect it to reflect poorly on Nebraska.

And then you hear this:

Daishon Neal sticks with Nebraska, upset at academic comments made by Michigan | MLive.com

Pretty much had the kid flipped and then Mattison makes an ill-timed comment. If I am the recruit I would have kicked Mattison out of my house as well. That's some Mickey Mouse **** by GM there.

I have a hard time believing Mattison would say something arrogant though the family may have heard it that way. It's probably true that football is a ticket to schools he may not otherwise be able to consider be it financially or academically.

And then you hear this:

I am sure most of what Mattison said was misinterpreted. The guy is known as a wonderful person and recruiter. I wouldn't take the word of one 17 year old and his dad as gospel.

I think it's "Micky Mouse ****" to believe hearsay as 100% fact. But hey that's your choice.

And wasn't he already committed to Nebraska? Why hold a pressed to say "I'm staying with the team I'm already committed to". And to do it on the radio? I think he loves the attention.

He made it out like he had some big announcement and to me it looks like it was just to bash Michigan.