thefunk

2015 Michigan Wolverines Football

True. The QB position will be one to watch throughout spring practice and the early fall. Still wondering if he will bring in a transfer or not, which I am kind of torn on. Maybe the Malzone kid can play or Speight. Hell maybe he can even develop Morris into something.

Remember the Carr offenses when he had to bring in a backup or first year guy? He'd dumb down the playbook and try to keep the QB from trying to do things he lacked the experience to do. Morris never had that benefit of that as the offense couldn't do anything well. I'm not sure what he might do plugged into a functioning offense or under an OC/coach who better recognizes his strengths. Having said that a lot of fans seem higher on the alternatives though. Based on what I don't know.

Remember the Carr offenses when he had to bring in a backup or first year guy? He'd dumb down the playbook and try to keep the QB from trying to do things he lacked the experience to do. Morris never had that benefit of that as the offense couldn't do anything well. I'm not sure what he might do plugged into a functioning offense or under an OC/coach who better recognizes his strengths. Having said that a lot of fans seem higher on the alternatives though. Based on what I don't know.

I'm personally not down on Morris at all. I think he'll compete with Speight and hopefully Malzone. And maybe a 5th year transfer after spring practice if it comes to that.

Morris didn't stand out from what I saw and didn't live up to the recruiting hype, but last year was such a cluster**** offensively I think everyone gets a free pass.

Kid has accuracy, good football sense, and some scrambling ability. Hard to tell if his arm-strength is up to par.

I lol'd when I read 2 other schools offered him after Harbaugh mentioned him.

Maybe not offered but want visits.

The only thing I love about that article is that if anyone knows what the f he's doing with recruiting quarterbacks, it's JH.

Well, looks like we'll just have to beat the defending national champs next November. Judas priest.

Well, looks like we'll just have to beat the defending national champs next November. Judas priest.

And not only did OSU win by 22, they did it while losing the turnover battle by a (relatively) whopping differential of 3. Call that another 12 points in terms of playing differential. The supposed 2nd best team shouldn't be outplayed by what was in effect more than 30 pts!

And not only did OSU win by 22, they did it while losing the turnover battle by a (relatively) whopping differential of 3. Call that another 12 points in terms of playing differential. The supposed 2nd best team shouldn't be outplayed by what was in effect more than 30 pts!

And did it all with a really young team, seems like kids can win contrary to what's been said elsewhere.

And did it all with a really young team, seems like kids can win contrary to what's been said elsewhere.

Youth blended into a functioning program. ;)

I don't envy Urban Meyer the decision he will have to make next season. Braxton Miller has graduated, but still has a year of eligibility left. JT Barrett may be the best of the bunch, & led the team all season. Cardale Jones did an amazing job over the last 3 weeks - against arguably the 3 toughest opponents they faced all year.

Anybody think there's any chance of convincing Braxton Miller to jump ship? :classic:

Who?

Cardale, Caredell . . . The kid clearly showed he has what it takes to be a starter. Does he really want to win a National Championship and then sit and do nothing behind JT Barrett. If he's even pondering the idea of transferring, I'd look into snagging him.

I don't envy Urban Meyer the decision he will have to make next season. Braxton Miller has graduated, but still has a year of eligibility left. JT Barrett may be the best of the bunch, & led the team all season. Cardale Jones did an amazing job over the last 3 weeks - against arguably the 3 toughest opponents they faced all year.

Anybody think there's any chance of convincing Braxton Miller to jump ship? :classic:

I think Miller will leave, but he won't remain in conference. Florida State, Oregon, Duke, maybe he follows Tom Herman to Houston. He'll have several spots to choose from.

Jones claims to not be interested in leaving for the draft just yet. He may change his mind, not sure how much longer he has to declare. Not sure if his decision will affect Miller or not.

The QB depth clearly helped Ohio State this season (actually last season as well with Kenny Guiton), and there's a chance that 2/3 of the depth leaves after this season.

Nobody gives a rat fondu about Ohio Shitate. This is not the "what will the moron quarterbacks of OSU decide to do" thread.

I think Miller will leave, but he won't remain in conference. Florida State, Oregon, Duke, maybe he follows Tom Herman to Houston. He'll have several spots to choose from.

Jones claims to not be interested in leaving for the draft just yet. He may change his mind, not sure how much longer he has to declare. Not sure if his decision will affect Miller or not.

The QB depth clearly helped Ohio State this season (actually last season as well with Kenny Guiton), and there's a chance that 2/3 of the depth leaves after this season.

Today is the last day to declare, and his no seemed like a solid no. He said he wasn't ready, and that's probably correct.

Today is the last day to declare, and his no seemed like a solid no. He said he wasn't ready, and that's probably correct.

Wow, already? That seems crazy to have the deadline just a few days after the final game.

I did hear a theory that Jones might be alright declaring now. The argument is that he might not see the field again for a while, and he might be able to go out on a higher note right now because of that. I don't know, tough call for a guy that probably has been swept up into a whirlwind over that past month and a half.

Nobody gives a rat fondu about Ohio Shitate. This is not the "what will the moron quarterbacks of OSU decide to do" thread.

Sorry, I'll bring this back to UofM for you. Their players have had plenty of time since their last game to decide whether or not to declare.

He has a 3:00 pm presser lined up, so it looks like he is going. He's enormously talented, who I would take at #1. He will have to sit for a while, and learn the position.

He has a 3:00 pm presser lined up, so it looks like he is going. He's enormously talented, who I would take at #1. He will have to sit for a while, and learn the position.

It's an interesting situation. I'm generally not good at the draft to begin with, so I don't pretend to know who/when. But I guess if you are going to have compete and still likely to hold a clipboard next season and maybe the season after, might as well get paid for it.

I like the comment that somebody made on twitter about Cardel Jones using the press conference to announce his major.