thefunk

2015 Michigan Wolverines Football

I'm sorry, but recruiting grades mean nothing to me.

They certainly aren't the only factor. Oregon has had 1 top ten recruiting class in the last 4 years. Michigan has had 2 and that doesn't include last year with the Peppers, a top 3 player in the country.

The Wolverines only have 6 verbals (4 4*) right now for a class projected to be around 15-16. That's a pretty big hill but there are some de-commits/previously interested who are saying that will talk to Michigan now. The other thing is that Harbaugh is said to be a great talent evaluator. He'll be hampered by time but a couple of higher profile adds and a few under the radar types could minimize the damage.

They have six recruits committed right now, one is a kicker. One is a QB, an athlete, and Jon Runyan Jr. Most of the bigger powers have their whole class committed by now. Signing day is less than a month away. Michigan has a long way to go in a little time.

Long way to go in a little time? What is the goal is for next year? Playoffs? Big Ten Title? IF so, then yeah, Michigan has no hope for this year.

I think most Michigan fans will be ecstatic with 7-8 wins and a bowl game victory. If that's the case, anything Harbaugh gets in the next month is absolute gravy. I care most about him getting the current talent on the roster to perform up to their expectations.

Early line on Vegas puts the O/U on UM wins in 2015 at 8.5......

Next years schedule looks to be easier than 2014. Minnesota will lose their two best offensive players, so they'll be a different team. Utah will be a different team. I would be surprised if UM went into the season with their current QB situation. They will have to take on a transfer. Kevin Hogan from Stanford makes a lot of sense, they should win 8 or 9 games next year.

So far, UM has three commits for next year, one is a QB. They need for one of the QB's to break on through, Malzone looks as good as anybody.

They would have won 8 this year with a QB.

Exactly. Most fans expected next season to be the year things really started to click anyway. Harbaugh should do better than 8 wins (I'd be much more confident if they had a veteran QB but they should be able to run the ball and nurse a young QB along.)

I'm sorry, but recruiting grades mean nothing to me.

3 of the top 4 recruting teams over the last 3 years played in the playoffs this year. Star ratings have a very high correlation to both college success and the likelihood of being drafted.

3 of the top 4 recruting teams over the last 3 years played in the playoffs this year. Star ratings have a very high correlation to both college success and the likelihood of being drafted.

This goes a bit hand in hand, as recruits will want to go to programs that develop talent the best. I agree who you get does matter tho.

Harbaugh's class won't be as good as if he were here in September, or as good as next year's will be, but I feel it will be comparable to a typical Hoke class in terms of ratings.

This goes a bit hand in hand, as recruits will want to go to programs that develop talent the best. I agree who you get does matter tho.

Harbaugh's class won't be as good as if he were here in September, or as good as next year's will be, but I feel it will be comparable to a typical Hoke class in terms of ratings.

Hoke had 3 classes he recruited (first year he had a few weeks). As I remember 2 of them were ranked by some in the top 10. Harbaugh will hopefully improve some spots but overall Hoke recruited well.

Wings have the win the cup, and Tigers need to be marching to the WS before Harbaugh debuts.

Hello: Shannon Turley, Strength & Conditioning | mgoblog

Sounds like a good hire from that article.

Damn it.

https://twitter.com/LombardiESPN/status/551957075664728064

I have more confirmation here that Shannon Turley is indeed staying at Stanford and not going to Michigan… What a rollercoaster afternoon
He did, but appears there was a reversal RT @YourmanJ81: @LombardiESPN saw a UM recruit verified that the strength coach was going to UM

I wonder why Greg Roman isn't be considered for his staff? He's worked with Roman for a while now and I'd have thought if not OC, then an offensive assistant or position coach.

I wonder why Greg Roman isn't be considered for his staff? He's worked with Roman for a while now and I'd have thought if not OC, then an offensive assistant or position coach.

He's interviewing for the Bills HC position this week and reportedly interviewed for the Bucs HC position last week.

He's interviewing for the Bills HC position this week and reportedly interviewed for the Bucs HC position last week.

Do you mean the bears? The Bucs have a coach.