thefunk

2015 Michigan Wolverines Football

There was a story that Brady Hoke was going to be D Lineman coach at ND and its apparently false

We REALLY need Roquan Smith, but the way UGA has lost guys so far today, they really need him too.

Unfortunately, I'm thinking that he will be a Bulldog in the next 30 minutes or so.

Harbaugh did a good job getting guys to at least consider Michigan, but it looks like he may have just been a little too late to the show.

Weber has not yet decided --apparently

Sorry! I saw a report that said he had committed. At least there is hope again!

He was almost an hour late to the event. They did a bunch of other kids first. He wasn't even in the building. He finally showed up and said he was still deciding. Then about 5 minutes later he walked to the boards they had set up and signed on with the team to the south.

The feed was on mlive. I want the 10 minutes I watched the event back.

Also, UCLA is doing great today.

He was almost an hour late to the event. They did a bunch of other kids first. He wasn't even in the building. He finally showed up and said he was still deciding. Then about 5 minutes later he walked to the boards they had set up and signed on with the team to the south.

The feed was on mlive. I want the 10 minutes I watched the event back.

Also, UCLA is doing great today.

UCLA, Auburn, and Tennessee are just KILLING it! Muschamp is hammering Florida.

Sorry! I saw a report that said he had committed. At least there is hope again!

I had seen those reports too...and then I saw a bunch of "he's waivering" tweets that made me confused. This is just par for the NSD course, i suppose.

Hoke is on the CBSSports today. I guess they just interviewed Harbaugh.

https://twitter.com/nickbaumgardner/status/563016036912726016

Hoke and Harbaugh have known each other for years, by the way. And Brady's not a jerk ... so this could be fun.

Hoke laughing about Harbaugh redecorating his office.

Harbaugh: "I have not redecorated (Hoke's) office at all, it's immaculate and perfect."

Harbaugh: "A lot of credit to you and your staff, Brady" ... discussing previous commits

Harbaugh on adjusting to recruiting again: "It took a little bit of time, maybe some rust there."

Hoke and Harbaugh now discussing Jon Runyan Jr. ... As I said before, they're old pals.

I gather that Van Jefferson news is already out that he's not going to Mich but the announcement not yet out there on Twitter. He seems very erratic.

https://twitter.com/nickbaumgardner/status/563017635504603136

Harbaugh: "Thanks again, to Brady, not only for the recruiting class but the state of the team." Mentions academics/grades, etc
Harbaugh: "It's a tremendous team you left us with, we really appreciate it." Hoke: "That's nice of you to say, best of luck."
Hoke and Harbaugh say goodbye by telling each other to say hello to their respective wives.

This is shaping up to be a big dud of a class! We do have some late things to hope for with potential recruits, but Harbaugh just couldn't pull it together on such short notice.

Good thing is that it is a small class, so we most likely will have a lot of scholarships available next cycle.

belcherboy, should Harbaugh be fired or do you want to wait until NSD is over? :--)

I care sooooo much more about Hoke's previous classes actually reaching their potential than anything that happens today. All today means is we won't have a ton of seniors in 4/5 years.

This morning I heard that there were zero 5 star recruits starting in the Super Bowl this year on either side of the ball.

^ just a FYI.

Coach up what we have.

But agree it was a little disappointing. I expect it'll be a lot different next year.

This is shaping up to be a big dud of a class! We do have some late things to hope for with potential recruits, but Harbaugh just couldn't pull it together on such short notice.

Good thing is that it is a small class, so we most likely will have a lot of scholarships available next cycle.

He swung for the fences, and I don't think he had to settle for any MAC level recruits (the 2-star offensive lineman was one of his first offers). I don't think the next class is supposed to be huge either, so he could afford to push a few scholarships to next year or save them for potential transfers.

He swung for the fences, and I don't think he had to settle for any MAC level recruits (the 2-star offensive lineman was one of his first offers). I don't think the next class is supposed to be huge either, so he could afford to push a few scholarships to next year or save them for potential transfers.

...and as soon as I write this, Shelton Johnson commits. So that's 13 commits. TW Jr and Van Jefferson would make it 15, and a more or less full class, though I'm only confident about the former.

...and they get Wheatley. So within 15 minutes this class has turned from "disappointing" to "pretty good". If they somehow get Iman, it will exceed my expectations, all things considered.

Edited by Sparks4Ever

...and as soon as I write this, Shelton Johnson commits. So that's 13 commits. TW Jr and Van Jefferson would make it 15, and a more or less full class, though I'm only confident about the former.

Well keep saying it then. :)